Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I sent a note to cs. Im sure nothing will come from it.

Hello, My name is _____________ and I have been a loyal customer for years. I was excited to secure some reasonably priced .223 today only to have the order canceled. I am a prime member and have spent thousands of dollars at your store. Can I inquire as to why the order was canceled and why the advertised price isn't being honored?

Thanks

Bill

I'm sure after they get through laughing, they'll send you a window sitcker

Larry has 2k rounds (which is the the limit) of Aguila 38 gr 22lr at 8 cents per round plus tax and shipping (unless you add $50 worth of eligible items to get free shipping). Been in stock all day.
Bass Pro (ONLINE) HAD Blazer 22 500 count bricks in stock for $25.90. No limit. Lasted about 10 min or so. I didn’t order any as I’m pretty well set on 22.

I got a phone call for work as I was about to post here and boom OOS by the time I was off the phone.

I need a .22 lever gun before I buy anymore of it. It’s the only damn caliber I have plenty of and I’m getting tired of shooting it. ☹ Wah!

Edit- Or a Wrangler, or two?
After getting a 9.25" 22 SBR approved and buying a rimfire dueling tree, I’ve been shooting tons of 22 lately. So damn fun. Still haven’t shot my new Taurus TX22 yet. Hopefully run to the indoor range tonight.

28C1D763-3034-4A56-8A48-3407F7F6F401.jpeg

For sure. A little more effort and much more destructive.

Too true. Also, possibly problematic in warm weather (wax + heat = slippy slidey?) I’ve seen a video of a split barrel because the “slug” slid out and basically became a squib load for the next round. That said, I still might just give it a try this winter. Not sure I’d load a full tube of ‘em, but maybe fun 1 at a time?

Too true. Also, possibly problematic in warm weather (wax + heat = slippy slidey?) I’ve seen a video of a split barrel because the “slug” slid out and basically became a squib load for the next round. That said, I still might just give it a try this winter. Not sure I’d load a full tube of ‘em, but maybe fun 1 at a time?
Doesn’t have to be wax. You could also use epoxy which would be stable at high temps and it would fill in the gaps between the BB’s just fine if thinned out.

On "cut slugs & waxer slugs"...

Remember: A "Wax" slug can be mechanically functionable in a pump shotgun's tube magazine without modification.
Whereas, a "Cut" slug must be loaded singularly and not from a tube magazine...
~Enbloc

1608600194877.png

Crayola Crayons begin to soften at around 105 degrees Fahrenheit and they have a melting point between 120-147 degrees Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
Doesn’t have to be wax. You could also use epoxy which would be stable at high temps and it would fill in the gaps between the BB’s just fine if thinned out.

I wonder if epoxy would allow the round to rapidly disassemble as well as the wax does. I’m admittedly inexperienced with most epoxy, but having watched far too much Taoefledermaus (sp?) the wax slug’s big trick is the ‘slug’ turning into bird shot after initial impact and dumping all of its energy. They did a JB weld slug (I think) and now you’ve got my mind working overtime.

Honestly I think getting it now may be an opportunity gained, and lost if we wait too long. Let’s say the Georgia runoffs go to the dims and Biden initiates an EO on gun control. House has less dim control but the trifecta is complete. There’s no telling what reverberations into Ma legislation will procure bills with greater infringement. Would Maura still turn a blind eye to TS when she well knows the courts will turn a blind eye like they did to the election fraud? I’m concerned for this even though I’m well prepared already.

1k rounds of Rio high chrome is better than Wally World Federal any day of the week.

edit: this is from a m***hole viewpoint as I know a lot of you guys are north of the demilitarized zone.

Last edited:
Honestly I think getting it now may be an opportunity gained, and lost if we wait too long. Let’s say the Georgia runoffs go to the dims and Biden initiates an EO on gun control. House has less dim control but the trifecta is complete. There’s no telling what reverberations into Ma legislation will procure bills with greater infringement. Would Maura still turn a blind eye to TS when she well knows the courts will turn a blind eye like they did to the election fraud? I’m concerned for this even though I’m well prepared already.

1k rounds of Rio high chrome is better than Wally World Federal any day of the week.

edit: this is from a m***hole viewpoint as I know a lot of you guys are north of the demilitarized zone.

You’ve piqued my interest. Now I’m seriously looking at the Rio. There’s so many options though!

Back
Top Bottom