• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

These 30,000 rounds are not so "out there" now, are they?

Wolf Gold .223 was in stock for a few minutes. Key word is "WAS". I paused to think about it for a minute and then they disappeared from my cart. Oh well, I have other .223 arriving today anyway, so I'm all set for a few days.

Frank

Anyone shoot this Saga stuff?

Nope, already broke down and bought a case of the Rio 1oz #8. Good for training and I’ll probably try some wax slug experimenting. Regardless, they look like nice hulls to start collecting for reloads as well. Meh.

I picked up 4 cases of Rio. My ups guy will loathe me.

250 was enough of a commitment for a brand I’ve no experience with. I figure if I like it, there’ll probably be more at some point. It’s lasted the longest of anything over the past few months.
Have you shot it before? The high chrome is pretty at least.

250 was enough of a commitment for a brand I’ve no experience with. I figure if I like it, there’ll probably be more at some point. It’s lasted the longest of anything over the past few months.
Have you shot it before? The high chrome is pretty at least.
I have shot it before and it’s good stuff in my platforms. I have #4, #5, #7.5 and now #8. I also got Fiocchi #7.5 and #9 I haven't shot yet purchased for $65 a case in summer. I shoot trap so I’ll be able to sell the boxes for a little more to the quasi-fudds at my club.

I have shot it before and it’s good stuff in my platforms. I have #4, #5, #7.5 and now #8. I also got Fiocchi #7.5 and #9 I haven't shot yet purchased for $65 a case in summer. I shoot trap so I’ll be able to sell the boxes for a little more to the quasi-fudds at my club.
Good to know it works, I've been eyeing it for a bit because I need to break in my shotgun and that requires shot faster than 1330fps.

Good to know it works, I've been eyeing it for a bit because I need to break in my shotgun and that requires shot faster than 1330fps.
Stick with the Elite or Star Team Evo if you need the high velocity. Not sure what you’re using but in Black Aces and Mossbergs it runs fine with the Federal, Rio, and bourgeois stuff like slugs, buck, and magnum shells. I certainly haven’t tried it all but 1100fps has been the cutoff.

eta: break-ins of shotguns need magnum stuff like 1300+. The Rio Elite at 1200 may or may not be a good break-in shell to use.

Last edited:
Was going for a Benelli M2/M4 but by the time I had the cash in hand they were unobtanium(found a few M4s hovering ~$3K later on). One day while checking Outer Limits offerings I saw they had a few Weatherby SA-459 come in so off to youtube to check them out. An hour or so later I went and picked one up for shits and giggles. Once the prices come down to normal(pre-rona) I'll pick up the Benelli.

Was going for a Benelli M2/M4 but by the time I had the cash in hand they were unobtanium(found a few M4s hovering ~$3K later on). One day while checking Outer Limits offerings I saw they had a few Weatherby SA-459 come in so off to youtube to check them out. An hour or so later I went and picked one up for shits and giggles. Once the prices come down to normal(pre-rona) I'll pick up the Benelli.
I just checked the very first vid on YT and the two young guys shooting it had failures with the Walmart Federal. No surprise as even my old New Haven 600AT from ‘79 has trouble with those. I don’t think you’d have an issue with the Rio. The Fiocchi and Remington light stuff did ok with 2 new shotguns only after I cycled the hot stuff first.

I've been happy with the RIO Buckshot and slugs. Hulls are very high quality. Patterns well on a Mossy 500A

Back
Top Bottom