Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Would have been a legit useful video for the company image had Jason spared us the whiny cry baby routine, everything after that was tainted You don't insult your audience and then try and educate them. They should have taken some of the fists full of cash they are paying this crying corporate executive and hired someone with some marketing experience, or at least had someone on the film crew to say, "You know you sound a bit dickish, right?"

🐯

Would have been a legit useful video for the company image had Jason spared us the whiny cry baby routine, everything after that was tainted You don't insult your audience and then try and educate them. They should have taken some of the fists full of cash they are paying this crying corporate executive and hired someone with some marketing experience, or at least had someone on the film crew to say, "You know you sound a bit dickish, right?"

🐯

His line about “looking back at basic economics” is true, but notice that he doesn’t address the ever common JIT supply chain and its susceptibility to supply/demand shock. Others have said and it’s probably true that they didn’t have a billion rounds lying in wait because it’s inefficient. JIT may help Streamline and improve efficiency to a degree, but it’s easily disrupted. Had they looked at past election year metrics, and maybe had an inkling of what a global pandemic could mean, effective sales and operations planning might have mitigated some of the shock. By all accounts this is worse than previous years with all of the compounding factors, but don’t give me a basic math lesson and quietly leave out the fact that modern manufacturing practices are woefully unprepared for demand shocks.

The Hornady vid was much better. Same info, more or less, but it didn’t immediately put me on the defensive. Baldy needs to watch that one and take some notes.

Last edited:
showing 699.50 now lol
to me it did show - page not found, when it finally came up, and now still clocking. well, it was too good to be true anyway.
and, they finally killed it. so interesting - will they honor the $350 price for those who were fast enough to put in an order?
Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

I'll bet they calculated them as 500 round cases. Whoops! They should honor the pricing, I can't imagine too many went through.

:edit: Guess not. Too bad.

Last edited:
lol.. if you know anything about that business (not this particular vendor per se) - they will not honor the error...

I would have added more but last time I tried that was too late and got nothing. I’ll take one.

In other news, everyone’s least favorite site finally came through and delivered some .223 last week I had ordered months back. Not quite as good a price as .35 but way better than the .60-80 it’s going for now.

I sent a note to cs. Im sure nothing will come from it.

Hello, My name is _____________ and I have been a loyal customer for years. I was excited to secure some reasonably priced .223 today only to have the order canceled. I am a prime member and have spent thousands of dollars at your store. Can I inquire as to why the order was canceled and why the advertised price isn't being honored?

Thanks

Bill

Larry has 2k rounds (which is the the limit) of Aguila 38 gr 22lr at 8 cents per round plus tax and shipping (unless you add $50 worth of eligible items to get free shipping). Been in stock all day.

I sent a note to cs. Im sure nothing will come from it.

Hello, My name is _____________ and I have been a loyal customer for years. I was excited to secure some reasonably priced .223 today only to have the order canceled. I am a prime member and have spent thousands of dollars at your store. Can I inquire as to why the order was canceled and why the advertised price isn't being honored?

Thanks

Bill

You’re going to get the generic “technical error” response, but I appreciate you reached out and called them on it.

Back
Top Bottom