Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Lol, no LGS is going to pay that much. Rather they will take whatever little ammo they get from distribution and hold it back for the people buying new
guns instead of putting it on the shelf. Pretty much every shop does this.
Yeah, I guess it must just trickle in and get stored outback. I figured they would buy a few cases from TSUSA for $X.XX and sell it for $X.XX + 10%.
As long as they didn't buy pallets of rape-priced ammo it would move and then they'd make a little something...

Who are the big Commercial Wholesalers that Gun Shops use? Does TSUSA have 'Commercial' Accounts? Anyone know?

I haven't shot anything in months because these prices are retarded. I know people like making a buck but a lot more people are going to be "priced out" of the shooting sports if these prices keep up. Not a good way to attract new shooters if right off the bat people are like, Hey I do like shooting but its just too expensive so I do something else now

as someone said earlier in the thread, if you go to the range and train with purpose instead of just mindlessly mag dumping, then you can still get a lot of good training done without using a lot of rounds.

load each mag with 2 or 3 rounds and practice reloads, and shoot with purpose.

even better if you can find a place that you can practice drawing from a holster, because your first two or three shots from a holster will be the most important.

100 rounds can still go a long way, which at current pricing, is something like $55

if you cant afford to do that once or twice a month, then you probably cant afford to buy a firearm or join a local club either

as someone said earlier in the thread, if you go to the range and train with purpose instead of just mindlessly mag dumping, then you can still get a lot of good training done without using a lot of rounds.
Yes, but that still ammo that basically will not be replenished.

I prefer this in the meantime
Amazon product ASIN B00EPPWK7MView: https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Preparedness-Solutions-David-Morris/dp/B00EPPWK7M

I've tried a couple other laser target systems. This one looks promising:

This blows so hard. What costs per round are people seeing locally? Haven’t been to a LGS in a couple weeks.
I picked up a few transfers over the last couple of weeks and what I saw was both shops only selling ammo to people purchasing news guns. The ammo caliber had to match the gun and lastly, it was a one box limit. The only good news is both shops were selling it for "normal" pricing.

Who are the big Commercial Wholesalers that Gun Shops use? Does TSUSA have 'Commercial' Accounts? Anyone know?
There's a bunch of mid level distributors that FFLs use. These are ones like Camfour or RSR that do "kitchen sink" wholesale. Guns, ammo, targets, cleaning supplies, etc. Then there are other mid level distributors that only sell ammo, or guns. Then there are buyers groups, where the big kids play- you put up tons of cake (5, 6 or even 7 figures) to buy X product at Y price, it's like a huge group buy) then there are people who deal direct... BP, cabelas, Walmart, etc, probably all deal direct with manufacturers at the $$$$ they are pushing.

Tsusa probably does have a dealer program but i doubt it's that lucrative, never heard of a dealer using them, that doesn't mean that they don't exist, though.

This blows so hard. What costs per round are people seeing locally? Haven’t been to a LGS in a couple weeks.

$20/box 50 of 9 when it's around. 40 cpr. The "when its around" part is the problem. I can see 50 cpr as being not unfathomable but i think a lot of shops are going to crap out before that.

There's a bunch of mid level distributors that FFLs use. These are ones like Camfour or RSR that do "kitchen sink" wholesale. Guns, ammo, targets, cleaning supplies, etc. Then there are other mid level distributors that only sell ammo, or guns. Then there are buyers groups, where the big kids play- you put up tons of cake (5, 6 or even 7 figures) to buy X product at Y price, it's like a huge group buy) then there are people who deal direct... BP, cabelas, Walmart, etc, probably all deal direct with manufacturers at the $$$$ they are pushing.

Tsusa probably does have a dealer program but i doubt it's that lucrative, never heard of a dealer using them, that doesn't mean that they don't exist, though.
Mike, Your knowledge base is an asset to Our Community. Thank you...
~Enbloc

They must be must be dealing with at least one manufacturer directly being Lake City. How Northrop Grummon works that out for them and Federal I’m not sure. For sure though because of the lower volume they deal with it must be a pricey buyers group like you say for everything else.

Edit: it appears that Target deals either directly with CBC global or a US based distributor of theirs. They are usually still carrying Magtech, Sellier and Bellot, but I never see the Men ammo line.

Last edited:
I saw $20 for 50 rnds. Federal 9mm at Shooters Outpost on Wednesday. Just sat there in awe as I saw people waiting to grab what they were allowed.
Stopped there on a Saturday a few weekends ago when it was a 200 round limit. I believe I payed 17 or so a box.

Last edited:
I know people like making a buck but a lot more people are going to be "priced out" of the shooting sports if these prices keep up. Not a good way to attract new shooters if right off the bat people are like, Hey I do like shooting but its just too expensive so I do something else now

Coincidentally that would be the everyday reality under the new direction in gun control regulation through taxation that would be seen with President Biden and a Democrat majority Senate.

Imagine these panic bought $600 dollar case of 9mm with an additional $300 in tax. 😿
The nobel Democrats will surely have cleared the poors out of the market (for the children).

H.R. 5717 by Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga. and companion bill S.3254 by Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Ma. would reinstitute the 1994 AWB and heavily tax all other guns and ammo.

Under H.R. 5717, firearms would be taxable at 30%, and ammunition would be taxable at 50%. A portion of these taxes would be used toward gun violence prevention research. We rate this claim as TRUE because it is supported by our research.

🐯

I haven't shot anything in months because these prices are retarded. I know people like making a buck but a lot more people are going to be "priced out" of the shooting sports if these prices keep up. Not a good way to attract new shooters if right off the bat people are like, Hey I do like shooting but its just too expensive so I do something else now

I’m more or less priced out at this point. I have an ‘ok’ supply to get me through 6-9 months?depending on how and what I shoot. However, I can’t afford to replace it. The last case of 9mm I bought was $320 thanks to the ammo Prince himself. That was my upper limit.

While I’m not keen on posting actual numbers, suffice it to say that I’ve got over 1,000 each, 9mm, 223/5.56, over 5,000 .22LR and a couple hundred slugs and buck for the shottie. I know, rookie numbers, but I am a relative rookie and one with little disposable income at that.
The plan is to ration it, save $ (and brass) and slowly source reloading supplies. I realize that’s just as daunting a task right now, but I’m hoping that it’s more of a long-term solution if these ammo prices last as long as I, and others think they will. Rock and a hard place indeed, but I’m not looking to do something else in the meantime. Adapt and overcome (and dry fire more!).

Back to lurking in the reloading dungeons.

They must be must be dealing with at least one manufacturer directly being Lake City. How Northrop Grummon works that out for them and Federal I’m not sure. For sure though because of the lower volume they deal with it must be a pricey buyers group like you say for everything else.

Edit: it appears that Target deals either directly with CBC global or a US based distributor of theirs. They are usually still carrying Magtech, Sellier and Bellot, but I never see the Men ammo line.

Everything I know about "Ammunition Wholesalers" ...I learned from "War Dogs"

1599919665845.png 1599919855246.png

I’m more or less priced out at this point. I have an ‘ok’ supply to get me through 6-9 months?depending on how and what I shoot. However, I can’t afford to replace it. The last case of 9mm I bought was $320 thanks to the ammo Prince himself. That was my upper limit.

While I’m not keen on posting actual numbers, suffice it to say that I’ve got over 1,000 each, 9mm, 223/5.56, over 5,000 .22LR and a couple hundred slugs and buck for the shottie. I know, rookie numbers, but I am a relative rookie and one with little disposable income at that.
The plan is to ration it, save $ (and brass) and slowly source reloading supplies. I realize that’s just as daunting a task right now, but I’m hoping that it’s more of a long-term solution if these ammo prices last as long as I, and others think they will. Rock and a hard place indeed, but I’m not looking to do something else in the meantime. Adapt and overcome (and dry fire more!).

Back to lurking in the reloading dungeons.
There won't be any clarity on where all this is going until after the election. If Basement Biden gets in... meaning Kamala will effectively be president... I think things are going to get really, really bad for us. If Trump beats all the Dim cheating and wins, the "mostly peaceful" riots & looting could go on for a while after the election, but eventually we could get back to something approaching normal.

One thing for sure: This is not a good time to be wasting ammo regardless of cost. [thinking]

two out of my last three shipments from Target have come with the box open. Not from lack of tape, definetely looks like its been purposefully opened. Anyone else run into this?

Dont want people sifting through your stuff? Avoid the usps ( which opens alot of stuff ) and pay for discreet packaging.

I haven’t had any packages opened, but I have noticed some whole cases being shipped as is and without the outer box to make it less obvious that you’ve just purchased ammo.

Back
Top Bottom