Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I did do a range trip today which is few and far between nowadays. If I go it’s not mag dumping and going through 1k rounds in a session like I used too. I brought the CZ527 x39 with 1 box of Wolf Polyformance, a Savage Model 11 in 6.5cr with 1/3 of a box Winchester, and my Sig P365 with 1 box of Red Army. I stretched out that day for sighting in the Savage at 100 yards, off hand standing with the CZ at 100 with the ghost rings, and fast draws with the Sig at 15 yards on an 8 inch steel plate. Not an expensive day!

You know who has to really be bummed out at the moment?

Anyone who just last year bought a pistol caliber carbine as a fun and “cost saving” gun. [banghead]

🐯

I didn't buy it at as a cost saving gun but my Grand Power Stribog is basically a cool looking paper weight now. That thing rips through 9mm way too fast to get much range time anymore. I won't pay current prices for 9mm so my stash has to be rationed for my handguns instead. Now 22LR costs as much as what I was used to paying for the cheapest steel case stuff before all this.

I didn't buy it at as a cost saving gun but my Grand Power Stribog is basically a cool looking paper weight now. That thing rips through 9mm way too fast to get much range time anymore. I won't pay current prices for 9mm so my stash has to be rationed for my handguns instead. Now 22LR costs as much as what I was used to paying for the cheapest steel case stuff before all this.
You have a very good self defense piece with some nasty hollow points so it’s definitely not a paper weight with a cqb Holographic RDS.

I have a Ruger PCC and a AR9. I’m content with how much lead I put through them previously and if I give them less attention because of the current crisis, no problemo!

Nothing beats having a short shotty with buckshot on the second floor, a 9mm carbine in the basement, and some kind of AOW on the first floor for defense of your castle. 🙅‍♂️

Call me crazy but I still can’t get behind aluminum. I went through the rest of my Federal 9mm 180 pack and I don’t think I can bring myself to hop on the aluminum train again.

I have shot like probably over 10,000 rounds of blazer AL (mostly .45 ACP though) through various handguns and never had a problem. It really only sucks in things like PCC, SMGs, and revolvers (the cases can get stuck). Otherwise for general blasting out of commodity guns? let er rip...

The only problem I have with Blazer AL is most of the time the cost delta isnt worth it to not shoot brass, but right now ammo is ammo... I even picked up like 4K of tula 9mm steel before things
got real bad.... works fine.

I have shot like probably over 10,000 rounds of blazer AL (mostly .45 ACP though) through various handguns and never had a problem. It really only sucks in things like PCC, SMGs, and revolvers (the cases can get stuck). Otherwise for general blasting out of commodity guns? let er rip...

The only problem I have with Blazer AL is most of the time the cost delta isnt worth it to not shoot brass, but right now ammo is ammo... I even picked up like 4K of tula 9mm steel before things
got real bad.... works fine.

I shot AL casings (blazer) back in the early 90’s, .45 and noticed that ~half the cases were split and noticed I got some face splash (powder or what). Fast forward to 2016 and I shot 500 rounds out of a Glock 17 and no issues. But I’m still leery about AL cases.

I try and avoid steel, especially in an AR, the coating gets sticky and caused jams if firing fast.

I shot AL casings (blazer) back in the early 90’s, .45 and noticed that ~half the cases were split and noticed I got some face splash (powder or what). Fast forward to 2016 and I shot 500 rounds out of a Glock 17 and no issues. But I’m still leery about AL cases.

I try and avoid steel, especially in an AR, the coating gets sticky and caused jams if firing fast.
Speaking of face splash I was surprised by the Speer Lawman 230 gr brass as I got splashback of like Strontium-90 fallout of a nuclear explosion. It was pretty ridiculous when my forearms were sweaty in 90F+ and coated in “stuff”.

[rofl2] Never thought I'd see the day where .223 and .308 were the same price(Federal Tactical TRU $22.99 Prime).

I just grabbed 2 1000 round cases of Federal Lake City @ $1195.98 with Prime membership. I’m surprised and delighted! I also feel cheap and used...

You do what you got to do kiddo, as long as no one at your house is going hunger over it then don't worry too much, it will be in the rearview mirror soon enough.

🐯

Have the alert set for 9MM, just out of curiosity. Got the text alert for the Blazer 147 and Federal 115 at 3:10 PM, was already on line so went right over to the TSUAS site and they did have case lots available. All gone by 3:15 PM. Amazing at almost $.46 a round.

Just got the text

ETA: CPR is wrong on this as well... $59.99 / 500 = ~12 cents per round, not 9 cents listed lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom