Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Very disappointing if these are sleazy sales tactics by TS.
I doubt it's a conspiracy, probably someone getting lazy when listing entries, and not updating it correctly... probably rationalized as "what difference does it make when it's going to sell out immediately anyways?" The sad thing is they're not wrong.... l

476 I guess I'm slacking compared to the rest of you. But it might be because I usually order cases so I'm not saving on shipping

I just grabbed 2 1000 round cases of Federal Lake City @ $1195.98 with Prime membership. I’m surprised and delighted! I also feel cheap and used...
You can also choose to sell some later down the line to recoup some loss. However, selling for a greater cost will in a way further continue the price hike trends, and as a collective hurt fellow gun owners wallets. Somewhere there’s a trolley cart meme that can be created based on this moral quandry.

I doubt it's a conspiracy, probably someone getting lazy when listing entries, and not updating it correctly... probably rationalized as "what difference does it make when it's going to sell out immediately anyways?" The sad thing is they're not wrong.... l

Yeah, they probably are grabbing a cached value or something that isn’t updated instantly when the price changes.

Yeah, they probably are grabbing a cached value or something that isn’t updated instantly when the price changes.
I am getting the impression that all the numbers for out-of-stock ammo at TSUSA represent the last time they were in-stock and offered for sale. When the ammo comes back into stock, the numbers get revised (upward, obviously) and maybe some numbers slip by them.

This is especially frustrating if you are waiting for a certain semi-obscure brand/type/weight of ammo to come back into stock... and then when it finally does, the price doubles from what has been listed on their site for weeks if not months. :oops:

I don't know how they could avoid this, but planning your purchases based on posted prices for out-of-stock ammo is a loser's game. [crying]

goddamn it i missed the 9mm again, ON A SATURDAY? come onnnnnnn

I feel your pain kev. I am on and off all day at work and I haven't hit the right time in about three weeks. And I'm a freaking prime member. I don't go for the notifications, though. I like the rush of the random hit.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but you can now select up to five calibers for notification.
Notifications?

Notifications?

I don't need no stinckin' notifications!

No seriously, I don't. If it wasn't for TSUSA(coupled with my desire for more ammo) I'd have paid off another CC and a chunk of another instead of reloading a significant portion of my payments on purchases. Really not sure if I should [laugh] or [crying].

goddamn it i missed the 9mm again, ON A SATURDAY? come onnnnnnn

Yeah, a buddy of mine told me he got the notification yesterday (Sat), I didn't get any notifications yesterday 🤔 I went and checked my settings & that's when I found out they upped it to 5 calibers.

I think they release stuff on weekends just to mess with us and have a good laugh
I actually think they do it to be fair to those that aren’t around computers all day.
I got he alert for 9mm while I was in line at five guys yesterday (yum yum)..ordered a couple boxes so I can get to the range, but wasn’t ordering a case at that price..
Watch some TRex arms videos and start practicing dry firing, sight alignment, other drills you can do without ammo while buying small amounts over time..that’s the name of the game..buy 100 rounds, bring 50 to the range...and make them count.dry firing, mag changes..all the stuff a lot of people don’t do because they just send bullets down range.

We should plug in our savings for Prime. I don’t know if it’s for a year or cumulative since I’ve had it. Probably it’s just for the year.

$1115
$45.00 on three orders since 6/15/20.
May not seem like much, but I'll bet I saved a shitload of money by NOT buying during the pandemic/panic, as I was well stocked already.
I'll continue to buy wisely, when I feel the need, but I refuse to be sucked into the frenzy wormhole.

Last edited:
$45.00 on three orders since 6/15/20.
May not seem like much, but I'll bet I saved a shitload of money by NOT buying during the pandemic/panic, as I was well stocked already.
I'll continue to by wisely, when I feel the need, but I refuse to be sucked into the frenzy wormhole.
Smart move. I bought pretty much all the ammo right before and when the market crashed so it was cheap then.

That 556 lasted until an hour ago. Maybe we’ve hit the peak what people are willing to pay. Either that or the credit card bills came and we have a bunch of dead dudes cause the wives found out...

I got the text and saw the price and said no way. I'd like to have two thousand more but not for that money.

Smart move. I bought pretty much all the ammo right before and when the market crashed so it was cheap then.
I'll admit, I know some of you shoot a lot more than I do, so of course you buy a lot more than I do.
I actually haven't been to the range much this year, so, I'm in good shape, supply wise.

Does anyone in mass actually care? [rofl]
Only the media and vengeful PDs who can make a big deal press conference out of 100 rds of ammo!

---------------

I've asked for notification for a particular brand of frangible 9mm for probably 6 months now, never received any Email.

Back
Top Bottom