Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Am I missing something? $8/round?

View attachment 387898
I saw that and said the same thing. Turkey loads are expensive for some reason, someone who hunts Turkey may be able to tell us, but this is just outrageous!

Those are lead-free with tungsten shot. Tungsten is a lot pricier than lead, but those lead-free turkey loads are usually $5-6, not $8+. Still pricey, but $8 is even worse.

I saw that and said the same thing. Turkey loads are expensive for some reason, someone who hunts Turkey may be able to tell us, but this is just outrageous!

Those are Tungsten rather than Lead, from a pure materials perspective its exponentially more expensive than Lead. $5-6 per round is about what I'm willing to pay, thats usually on sale or with rebate for the Federal ones

Well got my mystery package. A metal Target Sports ammo can, a TS patch, a tube or otherwise called a gaiter naturally with a Target Sports logo and.......25 rds loose in a zip lock bag of .380 ball ammo that looks to e reloads. Woopie! Really? I bought 6550 rds of 9MM since my Prime membership, 6000 before my membership and they send me 380 ammo. WTF

Well got my mystery package. A metal Target Sports ammo can, a TS patch, a tube or otherwise called a gaiter naturally with a Target Sports logo and.......25 rds loose in a zip lock bag of .380 ball ammo that looks to e reloads. Woopie! Really? I bought 6550 rds of 9MM since my Prime membership, 6000 before my membership and they send me 380 ammo. WTF

It's the only scraps they could find after sweeping up behind the reload benches...

I‘ve heard a few people mention they were having trouble acquiring 9mm lately.

$644-ish for 1k 55 grain AR foods...ouch

Tell me you have something chambered in 380 at least

One can then get this cheap upper to go along with that cheap 5.56...

Hot damn! I bought a case of that just over a year ago for $300. Damn.
The laws of supply and demand. Demand is everyone who already owned guns stocking up due to the pandemic and the Marxist Revolution, plus the 5 million new gun owners stocking up due to the pandemic and the mostly peaceful protests.

I think I'm stuck with what I got now. I've reached my limit of what I'm willing to spend for 5.56.
Yup, called out after it reached 0.60 per round.
Sucked it up and bought a case at 0.55 which hurt, but will use other training strategies (have mentioned this, watch TRex arms videos about this, they are great) that focuses on the little things I probably don’t pay much attention to as is..what stinks is that I usually like to keep a zombie stash, but without any availability I cringe each time I fire a round..

Sucked it up and bought a case at 0.55 which hurt, but will use other training strategies (have mentioned this, watch TRex arms videos about this, they are great) that focuses on the little things I probably don’t pay much attention to as is..what stinks is that I usually like to keep a zombie stash, but without any availability I cringe each time I fire a round..
Dry fire practice is likely way more helpful than shooting live ammo anyway as you can really focus on what is going on while you pull the trigger. I found that with a red dot, on a pistol, I have greatly improved my grip and consistency because I can see exactly what the red dot is doing when I dry fire.

Dry fire practice is likely way more helpful than shooting live ammo anyway as you can really focus on what is going on while you pull the trigger. I found that with a red dot, on a pistol, I have greatly improved my grip and consistency because I can see exactly what the red dot is doing when I dry fire.
Yup...ton of things I overlook, partly because I don’t get to the range that often.but watching their videos has opened up some new training pathways. Can probably do one to two mags per trip and get a lot more out of it..

10 rd. Mags are my friend now. Think of a 10 rd mag as having a $6 or $7 replacement value right now. As someone relatively new to the game (2 years) that’s a sobering reminder.

Need to employ the Deadpool technique...
1 round 7 targets😜

10 rd. Mags are my friend now. Think of a 10 rd mag as having a $6 or $7 replacement value right now. As someone relatively new to the game (2 years) that’s a sobering reminder.
Or better yet, 3 rounds per mag and practice dropping and reloading.

Instead of playing games just dry fire more, shoot less. A close friend of mine, one year, when he was doing stupid overtime at work never had time to go shooting. He would dry fire one of his glocks 3 times a week maybe 10 minutes or so each time. The first time he got back to the range in months he did amazingly well, he was overall shooting better than I was that day. It really reinforces muscle memory, etc. Maybe it's my imagination, but it also seems to make it harder to get sucked back into bad habits, like flinching, or punching the trigger too hard, etc.

Back
Top Bottom