• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

im buying because i dont have much and i need some for range and training use

the high prices suck, but it wont stop me from buying when i need ammo
As well you should.
If I was a new shooter, I'd eat hamburger helper for a couple of months while buying ammo with the extra cash. Well, that and I like Hamburger Helper...

1599173895409.png

I've been buying 9 mm when available to help friends out. I haven't purchased any for myself. I don't plan on it either until price is come down. I paid almost 460 for a case of 9 mm Federal 115 grain bulk, A few days ago. Hope I have enough to ride out the storm. But I'm shooting more then I have planed.

and yet somehow i scored 1000 147gr RN FMJ projectiles for $100 on the CMP forum yesterday that had been up for over an hour. I guess sometimes you just get lucky, but that would have been a decent deal pre-plandemic...i might have had to think about it for a few minutes back then, but I think I still would have bought it.

so now i'll be in it for...$.16 or $.17 per round?

been wanting to try 147's out of my Evo III anyway...seems like it might be a good fit. i shot some cast out of it the other day and it was like shooting air...it almost wasn't even fun, except it was.

for thread relevance, my PPU brass case 7.62x39mm came back in stock for a day last week at $100 more per case than the previous time it was in stock. I promised myself I would buy if it came back in stock, but i'm not paying $.50/round...f*** that.

Good for you! Jim teaches a great course.

verified...i took his course too...but unfortunately after I already learned most of what he taught.

honestly, if you're vigilant, have a genuine interest, and don't require the 'hands on' part of it, there's nothing you can't learn in his class that you can learn here and on youtube.

the class reference materials Jim provides are top notch, and I still use them from time to time...so that alone made it worth it to me.

whatever it takes to get you into reloading, DO IT. the only times it will 'save' you money is times like this...but you'll have the independence from the system that doesn't have what you need to train and to defend your family.

example...within the next few weeks, I plan to load 500/ea per defensive pistol caliber JHP loaded as hot as possible just in case I need to defend my castle...and I can do that with shit I already had sitting around. If I manage to go through all 1500 bullets, and i'm down to my 1911 with 8rd magazines shooting at commies with giant JHP .45acp, my time is probably coming anyway and i'm past due to break out the rifles :D

Last edited:
I wonder where We will be, ammo wise, one year from now...?

If Trump wins, maybe some recovery of sanity, albeit the sticky price bullshit isn't going away soon. Stock may come back but I can see shit prices lingering around for awhile, because there's going to be a lot of pent up overpriced ammo still in the channel that tons of people have placed orders for. If they steal the election somehow, forget it, because people then going to go double secret full retard....

I wonder where We will be, ammo wise, one year from now...?

i don't like your question, sir.

but if it's anything like i expect it will be...

OUT. We will be OUT of ammo.

But i'll still have (6) 192rd spam cans in enblocs for my favorite last ditch rifles so I can die in a pile of brass just like I pictured ;)

A year from now? We’re all going to be purchasing broadswords and using the firearms as paper weights.

I like arrows...a little less personal than sticking a sword through someone, and they're eco-friendly/reusable. For some weird reason, I think i'd feel more comfortable with a fixed bayonet on a rifle without ammo than I would a 'no-shit' sword.

My fiancee' was a competitive fencer before residency...it would be REALLY ironic if i ended up having to take self defense courses from her (vegetarian doctor/uncomfortable handling guns)

If Trump wins, maybe some recovery of sanity, albeit the sticky price bullshit isn't going away soon. Stock may come back but I can see shit prices lingering around for awhile, because there's going to be a lot of pent up overpriced ammo still in the channel that tons of people have placed orders for. If they steal the election somehow, forget it, because people then going to go double secret full retard....
If Trump wins, the Left will burn D.C.

A year from now? We’re all going to be purchasing broadswords and using the firearms as paper weights.

See the source image

bring on the swashbuckling!!!!!!!

TSUSA LC 223 and SS109 in stock
$643 with prime.

Wow. Lake City .223 & 5.56 at $700/1,000 (tax/shipping insurance puts it over $750) non-PRIME price... 🤪

... and it's selling.

Starting to believe its possible. I wouldve never believed it would have almost tripled in just 6 months.

Anyone recall where it topped out during SandyHook/Obamascare?
'Topping out' and 'Selling' are a ways apart. I believe I recall a buck a round, but @drgrant would know better...

Back
Top Bottom