• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I'm good with Local shops buying from TS to stay up and running. In the end Local shops are critical...
Oh yeah I agree 100%. I was just pointing it out and also pointing out some of the issues local shops have been having with TSUSA not honoring dealer pricing.

It's truly amazing how fast any ammo they get in stock sells out. Is it perhaps other shops buying 1000's of boxes at a time so they have something to sell in their own stores?
I bet some shops, but also... flippers. Flipper culture is 10x worse than it was during the first obamascare. Also generically, fear is worse now than during any other panic.

Ah sorry lads, forgot TS price per round is make believe right now.

As a software guy I can tell you this requires serious coding skills. Calculating the price per round is an advanced level topic. It would require them to change at least one line of code in their systems.

OK... it's easy, but I get paid by the hour...

:)

As a software guy I can tell you this requires serious coding skills. Calculating the price per round is an advanced level topic. It would require them to change at least one line of code in their systems.

OK... it's easy, but I get paid by the hour...

How funny would it be if they are A/B testing made-up CPR numbers?

Kinda interesting when you think about it... Total price remains the same, but likely that more people will buy if they think they are getting a better deal by focusing on that (relatively) attractive CPR regardless of whether the math checks out.

Kinda interesting when you think about it... Total price remains the same, but likely that more people will buy if they think they are getting a better deal by focusing on that (relatively) attractive CPR regardless of whether the math checks out.

Target Sports seems like a straight shooter (no pun intended). My gut tells me that they are not intentionally misleading anyone. Especially in this market when they can sell all inventory in short order.

I bet some shops, but also... flippers. Flipper culture is 10x worse than it was during the first obamascare. Also generically, fear is worse now than during any other panic.
I used to be a flipper in 2013 and 2014. I don't even know how much 9mm and 22lr I flipped during that time - it was a good amount. But the prices weren't as high as they are now. But that's when I was still fairly new to NES. Now that I've met so many great people since then, I don't want to "screw" people again. Though I was the one checking gun shops and Walmarts like crazy in NH and VT at the time so the profit I was making seemed somewhat justified [laugh] . I was lucky enough to hit Walmarts and shops when I was working in VT for almost a year.

Fast forward to now, and I've already bought 6k rounds of 9mm and sold to fellow NESers at cost. Glad to help!

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift....Back to TSUSA!

I picked up a 500 round case of Winchester .38 spc for a club friend. He was looking hard as he could for an older fella. Hookin him up with my cost on this one of course. I bought it 3 hrs ago and it’s already got a tracking number for tomorrow late morning. Can’t beat that for the same price as the Norma.

Norma 38 special 22.99/box

About a half hour before this I managed to get a few boxes (5) of Winchester .38spl for the same price. Silly me, I walked away from the computer before the Norma showed. The Winchester is scheduled to arrive tomorrow:)

I used to be a flipper in 2013 and 2014. I don't even know how much 9mm and 22lr I flipped during that time - it was a good amount. But the prices weren't as high as they are now. But that's when I was still fairly new to NES. Now that I've met so many great people since then, I don't want to "screw" people again. Though I was the one checking gun shops and Walmarts like crazy in NH and VT at the time so the profit I was making seemed somewhat justified [laugh] . I was lucky enough to hit Walmarts and shops when I was working in VT for almost a year.

Fast forward to now, and I've already bought 6k rounds of 9mm and sold to fellow NESers at cost. Glad to help!

Hey it's capitalism, let it rip. It's just that it changed so much. Years ago the guys that flipped did it to subsidize their own ammo stashes and so
on. Now we have people out there flipping for profit, and they probably don't even shoot. Although strangely enough they were slow on the uptake, because
given half a chance they would have cleaned out the walmarts when they were shuffling off inventory last year or whatever it was.

I'm also the first guy that tells people "buy extra, worst case you can sell it off if you ever have "too much" " although im at a point now where I don't think I would ever have
too much unless I was like moving ammo around with forklifts and ran out of lockable buildings to store ammo in.... [rofl]

Just picked up 500 rounds of 223 locally and even there he was charging $13 a box for Prvi. He still had about 500 rounds left. To rich for my blood to buy all 1000 ends.

He did say he had no idea if he’d see any more for all common calibers anytime soon. He was pretty wiped out.

The rate TSUSA is selling ammo now if you waste the 10 seconds to focus on the actual CPR price you're not buying the ammo... because it will be out of stock. [rofl]

Andrew,

I think I bought some from you back in 2013-2014. I demand reparations!

Rich

Some People are now buying purely on speculation...

Edit: Added "Some".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom