• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yeh i am pretty stacked with 500 converted 30-06 8mm cases. Can always use more though. I pretty much won't be buying new ammo ever again.

Till i get a large stash of 6.5 creedmoor brass though i will buy cheap 6.5. while i reload what i have

If i had known 9, 45, and 5.56 was going to go up this high i would have stashed more away lol. I think i have like 1k 5.56, and 500 of each pistol caliber and prob 250 in defensive ammo for each pistol.

Last edited:
How many reloads do you average per casing before they are unsafe?
for 8mm it is like .45, have not found out the limit yet :) though i anneal cases every other firing with a propane torch and a glass of water. 8mm is really pretty easy on the brass because the shoulder is not as harsh as say 6.5 creedmoor or 30-06. so far only 1 split neck out of all my brass. so i have only lost 2 pieces of brass so far.

i will probably have a lot of annealing to do this next go around. i took the once fired creedmoor i have and FL resized them. they seem to be ok for now but next time i will be annealing every piece of fired brass after i load up all the brass i have.

Yeh i am pretty stacked with 500 converted 30-06 8mm cases. Can always use more though. I pretty much won't be buying new ammo ever again.

Till i get a large stash of 6.5 creedmoor brass though i will buy cheap 6.5. while i reload what i have

If i had known 9, 45, and 5.56 was going to go up this high i would have stashed more away lol. I think i have like 1k 5.56, and 500 of each pistol caliber and prob 250 in defensive ammo for each pistol.

How is reloading 6.5cm? I'd be starting with 0 equipment/experience but I've been looking to start

6.5 creedmoor reloading is interesting. i do think it will have a shorter case life for reloading than say 308 or 8mm due to the 30 degree shoulder and smaller diameter neck. I have also seen since my ar10 really beats up the brass making lots of shoulder dents due to the shell deflector and also marks on the neck from the m4 feed ramps in the gun. it would probably be very different if i were using it in a bolt gun.

6.5 creedmoor reloading is interesting. i do think it will have a shorter case life for reloading than say 308 or 8mm due to the 30 degree shoulder and smaller diameter neck. I have also seen since my ar10 really beats up the brass making lots of shoulder dents due to the shell deflector and also marks on the neck from the m4 feed ramps in the gun. it would probably be very different if i were using it in a bolt gun.

My bolt gun doesn't mark it up much. If I keep buying it the way I have been and start reloading I'd have brass to last me a long time too even with just once reloaded.

I haven't seen prices rise for it much on TS so I'll continue orsering it, and I found some local prices a little cheaper (25.99 vs 27.99 for Hornady match)

i have to sight in the mauser sniper soon so i can use it if someone brings me out hunting
Well, Black bear season opens up for rifle in all zones in Ma 9/8 so very soon. That means you can use whatever rifle you have over .23 caliber provided it meets the awb in Ma.

I don't know if i feel comfortable hunting black bear lol. I would rather try my first hunt with a deer instead lol. At least i know i could eat deer. Idk if bear meat is edible
I'm sure you know, but no rifles for deer in MA.
Bear is not only edible, but tasty; just make sure to cook it enough. The majority of trichinosis cases in the US each year are undercooked bear.

View: https://youtu.be/Rx5ZKJ0Vozc

So I could hunt Black Bear with my Tavor 7 in MA?
Only stipulations are a “rifle“ and has to be at least “.23 caliber“. That’s opens up a lot of guns to be used. There’s nothing in the regs about the rifle being bolt, lever, semi-auto, etc. just “rifle”. Now, would an EPO give you some attention if they saw you in the woods with an Israeli battle rifle? Lol, maybe.

I haven’t been on the TS website in a week or so (dead broke) and just checked in this morning. I could hear my mouse clicks echo in their vacant warehouse. Can’t believe all the high-end .22 LR is gone.

Only stipulations are a “rifle“ and has to be at least “.23 caliber“. That’s opens up a lot of guns to be used. There’s nothing in the regs about the rifle being bolt, lever, semi-auto, etc. just “rifle”. Now, would an EPO give you some attention if they saw you in the woods with an Israeli battle rifle? Lol, maybe.
She is so pretty...

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with federal punch 230gr .45? Only stuff available.

Nevermind. Hydra shok 210gr came up a second later with a rebate. Tried to order 10 and it told me low stock and quantity had to be changed. But then it let me go through with 10... Who knows.

Anyone familiar with the train + protect stuff? Or course that showed up and is even cheaper .. can't find much current info on it though. Trying to help my dad out with some .45 for his new FNX Tactical

Last edited:
The Punch...
1598974602443.png
MPNPD45P1
UPC604544659030
ManufacturerFederal Ammo
Caliber45 ACP Auto Ammo
Bullet TypeJacketed Hollow Point
Muzzle Velocity890 fps
Muzzle Energy265 ft. lbs
PrimerBoxer
CasingNickel Plated Brass Casing
Ammo RatingSelf-Defense and Personal Protection 45 Ammo

Hydra-shok 'Deep'

1598974641992.png

MPNP45HSD1
UPC604544642889
ManufacturerFederal Ammo
Caliber45 ACP Auto Ammo
Bullet TypeJacketed Hollow-Point
Muzzle Velocity980 fps
Muzzle Energy448 ft. lbs
PrimerBoxer
CasingNickel Coated Brass Cases
Ammo RatingTarget & Practice 45 ACP Auto Ammo

Purely on the petal design, and both look aggressive.

The HS Deep looks very effective... and has better muz numbers.

There's this too:

1598975185189.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom