• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

The Punch...
View attachment 385801
MPNPD45P1
UPC604544659030
ManufacturerFederal Ammo
Caliber45 ACP Auto Ammo
Bullet TypeJacketed Hollow Point
Muzzle Velocity890 fps
Muzzle Energy265 ft. lbs
PrimerBoxer
CasingNickel Plated Brass Casing
Ammo RatingSelf-Defense and Personal Protection 45 Ammo

Hydra-shok 'Deep'

View attachment 385802

MPNP45HSD1
UPC604544642889
ManufacturerFederal Ammo
Caliber45 ACP Auto Ammo
Bullet TypeJacketed Hollow-Point
Muzzle Velocity980 fps
Muzzle Energy448 ft. lbs
PrimerBoxer
CasingNickel Coated Brass Cases
Ammo RatingTarget & Practice 45 ACP Auto Ammo

Purely on the petal design, and both look aggressive.

The HS Deep looks very effective... and has better muz numbers.

There's this too:

View attachment 385804

Thanks for finding that! Glad I stuck with the hydra shok. I've never seen the deep designator before. Odd that they list it as target & practice!?

Odd that they list it as target & practice!?
My guess is TS made a bad cut & past. Who nickel plates training/practice ammo...? 🤪

And just remember... Practice ammo will kill too, but is more likely to take out a leg... [rofl2]

Anyone else think that if Biden/Harris makes it in... bulk mail-order ammo may be discontinued? Just askin'...

Anyone else think that if Biden/Harris makes it in... bulk mail-order ammo may be discontinued? Just askin'...

They’ll try, it will get tied up in courts for a long time, and hopefully be settled long after I’m dead and gone (or have a full size safe dedicated to ammo, whichever comes first...).

Not at the Federal level but blue State AG's will be emboldened to issue directives, etc. that make it undesirable to ship to their States. Just look at MA, there's no law stating ammo can't be delivered to MA but most of the major providers won't ship here due to the headache factor.

just bit the bullet on the 1000 rounds of lake city 223, oof that hurts
Good for you!
Many won't, but I think it shows commitment to your Rights and a willingness to not let the cost keep you from your own defense.
Even at a buck a round, it's worth it. One of those little rounds may save a life. Yours or your family's.
If so, how much was it worth to you then? $10 bucks a round, $100? $10,000???

~Enbloc

Good for you!
Many won't, but I think it shows commitment to your Rights and a willingness to not let the cost keep you from your own defense.
Even at a buck a round, it's worth it. One of those little rounds may save a life. Yours or your family's.

~Enbloc

I think it's only going to get more expensive. if its something you want and can afford, i dont see any reason why u shouldnt buy it just because it used to be cheaper

Good for you!

~Enbloc

That’s a good way to put it...I’m personally at a point where I have enough green tip and jhp for defense situations and enough for the range, just trying to figure out when I pull the plug on factory and start reloading...

That’s a good way to put it...I’m personally at a point where I have enough green tip and jhp for defense situations and enough for the range, just trying to figure out when I pull the plug on factory and start reloading...
Look around for powder/primers and projos. They are getting harder to find. If you see any, snap them up. You can always buy a press later...

Last edited:
Well, Black bear season opens up for rifle in all zones in Ma 9/8 so very soon. That means you can use whatever rifle you have over .23 caliber provided it meets the awb in Ma.

Exactly. I already checked the zero on my 30-06 For bear season. Don’t forget the revolver option for first bear season.

Bob

Don’t sleep. Commie ammo cost has been increasing at an alarming rate. My out-of-state friend uses another vendor, that Wolf sold out there at $349/case.

I'm going to CHOOSE to not buy at this price in hopes that it will help keep the price relatively low, lol.

I bought 4 cases from Shooters Outpost for $219 tax free in July and cant justify paying an extra $150/case shipped to my door.

Depends on what you want to reload. Good luck finding any supplies for pistol these days. You might find 5.56 supplies.

Back
Top Bottom