• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Lol. TSUSA is gonna start auctioning ammo soon... šŸ¤Ŗ

"One very rare, 50-round box of Winchester White Box 115grain 9mm FMJ ammunition; Going...going..."
source.gif

"SOLD! to the gentleman from Massachusetts for $47.50!"...

Last edited:
Lol. TSUSA is gonna start auctioning ammo soon... šŸ¤Ŗ

"One very rare, 50-round box of Winchester White Box 115grain 9mm FMJ ammunition; Going...going..."
View attachment 374137

"SOLD! to the gentleman from Massachusetts for $47.50!"...
Reminds me of the jerk who outbid me on Gunbroker for a complete PSA upper last week :p lol it went for like $455

@andrew1220
CCI SV in stock

Thanks! Tempting to buy....hmm

I hate to admit I have a case of SV that I bought just before sandy hook. BUT Iā€™m starting to shoot 22 regularly now so it shouldnā€™t take another 8 years to shoot [laugh]

WOW! Anyone checked out TSUSA's .22LR offerings lately??? Wolf is 15 cents a round (that's 6 rounds for a buck).
No other well known brands available (except Lapua at .24-.29 per round). Incredible.
These are/were 9mm prices per round...

The writing is on the wall.

UPDATE: All .38 special, .357mag is O.O.S.

A few weeks ago I saw minimags in stock at a reasonable price, I ordered a case, glad I did now...

Finding any .22LR for between 5 and 7 cents/rd. is getting more difficult. The Prime price of the SV made it Ā¢.064/rd. which is pretty much almost normal. Add free shipping and delivery to my door, Iā€™d call that a win.
I picked some up. Back in the day 7 cents was my ceiling for 22lr. We're back in that territory again unfortunately.

I picked some up. Back in the day 7 cents was my ceiling for 22lr. We're back in that territory again unfortunately.

I had to buy a case last night too. I was spoiled paying 4 cents a round for 22LR but I have noticed lately that it's getting hard to find it at 6-8 cents per round now. Since I am already rationing 9mm I decided I am not going to ration 22 and just keep shooting it whenever I want.

I know I could use lots more, but I stocked up on .22, 9, 5.56, and 12g when COVID was brewing.

I can't justify the current prices for buying more, and I don't want to chew through what I have.

Naturally, I started buying x39 and am now on the hunt for something to shoot it out of. Strange times require creative solutions.
$257 for 1000rds of steel cased? I think yes. Pretty sure that unsupressed and inside of 300meters, its a better round anyways in short barrel setups than 5.56, like a poor mans 300blk, except not made of unobtainium.

Not a huge AK fan but I may have to dust it off. (Not a hater, just have spent so much time with ARs that AKs feel awkward to me. Prefer aperture sights as well)

99+ in stock. 50 cents per round, non-prime..yikes.

This is the longest I've seen a case of 223 available on TSUSA in a while. Saw it last night around 7pm and it's still there.

We have may just reached the upper end of a price equilibrium.

This is the longest I've seen a case of 223 available on TSUSA in a while. Saw it last night around 7pm and it's still there.

We have may just reached the upper end of a price equilibrium.
I also think there has to be a limit of individual resources to commit as well. Buying, building, parts, reloading, ammo, etc. and still paying the bills, prepping, Car repairs, home repairs, taxes, saving for a rainy day, vacation, high unemployment, etc. weā€™re 5 months into this now, there has to be a saturation point..stop the world, I want to get off! [smile]

Last edited:
99+ in stock when I added it to my cart. It all disappeared before I could get through checkout.

This is bullshit. They need to raise their prices further, as the market is plainly not clearing.

[rofl]

You really want that? Protip: it will still sell out probably up to $18 a box. Maybe $19, even.

The last time 9mm was hit hard the price increases didnt do shit, it just disappeared from the market for awhile. Dealers and others bought limited amounts of rape-cost ammo and just
rationed it out, even if more supply was available they waited, because they didn't want to get caught with their ass in their hands when stock started reappearing.

[rofl]

You really want that? Protip: it will still sell out probably up to $18 a box. Maybe $19, even.

The last time 9mm was hit hard the price increases didnt do shit, it just disappeared from the market for awhile. Dealers and others bought limited amounts of rape-cost ammo and just
rationed it out, even if more supply was available they waited, because they didn't want to get caught with their ass in their hands when stock started reappearing.

Prices seem to move up really fast but are quite slow to move down...

Prices seem to move up really fast but are quite slow to move down...

With ammunition there is a "sticky price" factor in play.... for a few reason.

-The bottom never really falls out of the market. It takes literally YEARS for that to happen with ammunition, there's always some level of moderate demand.

ETA: even at the bottom of the market, nobody is going to sell stuff for less than what they paid for it, unless they literally have so much capital tied up in it that it makes sense to
cut their losses...

-Vendors have some overpriced shit stuck in the channel, so even though supply is returning and sells at a lower rate, in the midst of all this they have a half a warehouse of shit they
committed to at the shit price, and that order got filled. Unless they don't want to lose thier shirt, they will want to sell this first. Also one hand washes the other- EG, many ammo
consumers are price driven. So once they've reached their threshold of pain, they will literally hold out for a long ass time until those prices fall.

-Many, but not all, of the people selling the ammo are reluctant to drop prices because of the extra money they're getting. Eventually when sales lag they will drop the
numbers, but not quickly.

-WRT the above- there is a huge "optional demand/optional use" thing with ammunition. People will literally change their shooting behaviors eventually in response to ammunition
prices. As a corollary, look at things like Gasoline. Gasoline can fall fast.... why? because people are using it all the time and, outside of things like boats, RV, and recreational
aircraft, everything else they use gas in, is generally not considered optional. So people literally "just buy it" whether it's $1.40 a gallon or $4.00 a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom