• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Lol, nope, gone
If any of yinz shoots 380 they have S&B 92 grain FMJ in stock 99+

Significant to me anyway, S&B 45 ACP 230 grain FMJ 99+

Last edited:
Capegunworks has/had 1000 round cases 147 gr cci blazer brass 9MM for $307 including tax. Not great but I had to buy two cases as I was dangerously low. I did well on the great Walmart Ammo Clearance of 2019 on .223/.556, so I don't feel so dirty.

And it’s gone after 3 mins...
I snagged a case for the near future. You just never know how much higher the price will go and if/when Biden wins the White House how far dimples will go with the infringements. Can you imagine if they shut down online ammo sales to us completely?

And it’s gone after 3 mins...

Yup and price went up by $4 a box. Glad I stocked up back in May... I paid $11 for a box of 9mm range ammo... now its up to $16... only expect it to keep going up. Their was also a few days in May where speer Gold Dot JHP ammo was 50% off... snagged a case for like $350.

Capegunworks has/had 1000 round cases 147 gr cci blazer brass 9MM for $307 including tax. Not great but I had to buy two cases as I was dangerously low. I did well on the great Walmart Ammo Clearance of 2019 on .223/.556, so I don't feel so dirty.

Dollar cost averaging for ammo, who needs an economic degree?! 😉

You gotta watch the recently added listings like a day trader.

This is truth. At 8:36 this morning, the 9mm started to roll in. I don’t know why I check though as I can’t afford anything for another month. Habit I suppose. Make it part of the routine and eventually I’ll be able get some more, for like, 45 cents a round, I assume.
Wommp womp.

Momentary thread detour! Off topic but a lot of people look here. So, anyone have a lead on clay pigeons? Walmarts in Walpole, Framingham, and Worcester don’t have any, even though the Walmart website says Walpole does. BassPro? Is that what I’m relegated to?

Momentary thread detour! Off topic but a lot of people look here. So, anyone have a lead on clay pigeons? Walmarts in Walpole, Framingham, and Worcester don’t have any, even though the Walmart website says Walpole does. BassPro? Is that what I’m relegated to?

The walmart in Raynham (near the milk jug) or is that taunton off of 138, had them the other day.

A 1,000 round case of range 9mm is selling for about what you can buy a really nice used S&W M&P Shield-9 for,
and a 1,000 round case of HST defensive ammo is going for about the same as a Four Season's Glock 19.

We live in interesting times...

A 1,000 round case of range 9mm is selling for about what you can buy a really nice used S&W M&P Shield-9 for,
and a 1,000 round case of HST defensive ammo is going for about the same as a Four Season's Glock 19.

We live in interesting times...

Sorry if this is sort of a noob question, but while a case of 9’s costs that much, I’m curious why 7.62 seems fairly available? From what I’ve seen on TS it’s almost half the price of 556. Do not as many people buy guns in 7.62?

Sorry if this is sort of a noob question, but while a case of 9’s costs that much, I’m curious why 7.62 seems fairly available? From what I’ve seen on TS it’s almost half the price of 556. Do not as many people buy guns in 7.62?
Correct. A lot less gun owners with x39 platforms. 9mm has got to be like ten times more popular.

This is why I find it critical to own more than one caliber of rifle/pistol/shotgun.
When you can't find 9mm... you can usually find .40 S&W
When you can't find 5.56... you can usually find 7.62x39
When you can't find 12ga buckshot... you can usually find 20ga slugs.

.22LR, of course, is in a class all its own...

Just like with finances/investments... Diversification is key.

Last edited:
Anyone ever shot this stuff?

Looks like Paul Harrell says it did extensive damage to the meat target but POA/POI is way off because of the weight. Also said barrier penetration was lacking because of a cinder block “test”.

View: https://youtu.be/o_CCeb-AbDQ

TNOutdoors tested a similar Ruger 85 grain version and noted the light recoil.

View: https://youtu.be/ZHRIC6xqKbs

Looks like a cheaper, viable alternative? As discussed in another thread, you’re just punching holes with handguns. Expansion helps, but light recoil out of a compact/subcompact with decent penetration isn’t to be disregarded.

Color me intrigued but still hesitating to click the buy button. If it were even cheaper, I’d be on it. I’d buy a few boxes at 50 cents a rd. For now, I’m good with HST’s.

Edit- Just realized the product listed is the +P version. That thing is moving with some serious alacrity.

Cabela's in Berlin had a bunch on Wednesday. Cases stacked by the gun counter.

Back
Top Bottom