Taran Tactical first hand experience

I have used Tarans on 3 of my Glocks very high quality extensions , although the ones on my Glock 29 ..10 mm are quite heavy they are still top quality

the only thing that made taran that famous were multiple hollywood cameos and john wick, of course, but i hardly see how it makes glock to perform any substantially better than a usual stock configuration. gen5 g34 is amazingly accurate and reliable as is. i do not see any reason to 'taranize' mine, at all.

I just wanted mags to fall free reliably. The extra 5rd capacity on my G34s is a bonus.
with a stock mag from a stock gun - gen5 has no issues there at all. i had some issues on some of magpul ones i had on gen3, but not now. dunno, ymmv.

with a stock mag from a stock gun - gen5 has no issues there at all. i had some issues on some of magpul ones i had on gen3, but not now. dunno, ymmv.

It was an issue in mud and sometimes in very cold weather/snow on my Gen4s. The extra weight definitely speeds up the drop free time regardless.

I also have Dawson magwells on all my 34s, so the extension helps with seating as a stock mag is flush to slightly recessed with the flare.

I'm probably using my guns in a lot more diverse training then 99% of people though. I will shoot laying in a foot of snow and do reloads from a battle belt in that position.

I initially tried a couple +2’s from the Glock Store and don’t recommend them, I wouldn’t buy another. They require (at least at the time they did unless they’ve been updated) a tiny open ended screw that needs a tool to put on or take off. The screw is supposed to help keep the base from sliding off. IMO was a really poor design.

When I saw that the TTI’s had a “finger push” sliding pin for this same task of removing the base to allow cleaning at the range I then purchased those and was very happy with the set up and quality.

I had TTI base pads on a few magazines, if you practice reloads and let the mags hit the ground a lot, the dovetails at the top of the extension will crack and eventually give up under spring tension.

Back
Top Bottom