Talk Me Out of Buying

Artie

NES Member
Remington 7615
http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm
Hitting Gun shops and pawn shops in NC and today I found a Remington 7615. 870 reliability in a .223/5.56 caliber plus it takes high cap AR mags. At 1st it seems like a fun range gun and better option than the 12ga for home defense, and for $500.00 should be a no brainer but...

I already have a pump shotgun (870 12ga)
I already have an ar15
I already have an ugly black carbine (Hi-Point 995)
I don't have the money due to Christmas and vacation in NC
and finally, I don't think the wife is keen on it.

m7615.jpg

I want it
but I don't need it.
Tell me why I shouldn't get it.

what the.....my god did they just sleeve a 20 gauge deer barrel ? I dont get the sights kinda dropped the ball there, and not even a single rail to mount anything on....as stated you liky you buyie

Buy it. Now.

The more guns Americans buy in the next two weeks the better.

Send a message to all the hypocrites in Washington and Beacon Hill and Concord that think they deserve protection, but you don't.

Sorry. What were you saying?

Talk you out of buying?

I can imagine paying for prescription grade anti-nausea medication will get old real quick.

You do realize that has nothing to do with the 870, right? It's a 7600 modified to take an AR mag and a crappy collapsible stock. The 7600 is a great hunting rifle, but I think this is almost as stupid as the tactical lever action somebody put out a few months ago.

But,....put a vertical fore-grip and a few rails on it and they may just have marketing Gold on their hands.

pump rifles are cool, but that one is not. its very very ugly, the sight radius is very poor, and for fecks sake why does everything have to have an ar butt stock on it!?

that said...i would love to see how accurate it is [wink]

There are some videos of people using them on u-toob.

Based on the video(s), I think a few nay-sayers "may decide" to think twice (positive) about considering a one.

I passed on the Remington 7615 and ended up going to the local Wally World and grabbing something to plink with instead. Thanks to everyone's advice and opinions.

Good move. I agree with most of the opinions here.

If you're looking for a .223 in a semi-auto rifle configuration check out the Saiga 223 rifle. A bit rough around the edges but a decent shooter for the money. Or in 7.62x39. Or both as I did. Just a fun plinker for not a lot of money.

I don't shoot them often, but I find newbies enjoy them.

Rich

If you're looking for a .223 in a semi-auto rifle configuration...

Wasn't really looking for anything except mags for my AR and this thing just jumped out at me. When I was 1st looking at rifles I was seriously considering a 7600 in .270 but found a deal on something else in .308.

Next buy is something in 7.62x39. Thanks

Wood stock would make it more stealthy. Ghost sights would make it more useful. Both would make it both.

That, or get one of these: (CLICK)

Fugly, impractical, terrible sights.
This

If you like it, buy it.

It's not my thing but whatever. The rifle looks like the answer to a question no one asked.
[rofl] hahaha!

It sota looks like a cross between my Mossberg 590A1 & my M&P AR-15.
.223/5.56 is getting expensive to shoot... not that anything is getting cheaper.
Buy what you like.
Who cares what anyone else thinks?

I don't justify any of my purchases to anyone but myself (right).[laugh]

WTB: Lever, Bolt, & Revolver... in several calibers but funds & timing are paramount.

Sorry, I just saw this thread. Tell me why you didnt automaticaly buy this and then karma it if you didnt want it? :) Hell, sell the damm thing to an newb idiot like me for $700 and make a decent profit on the trip

Buy what you like.
Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Typically I don't care either but...
I really needed to be talked out of it. Lately my self control has been lacking and I would have bought it even though I don't have the money.

Hell, sell the damm thing to an newb idiot like me for $700 and make a decent profit on the trip

Good idea, though I don't think your an idiot [grin]

Back
Top Bottom