Talk Me Out of Buying

Let your wife buy $500 worth of jewelry. You'll never hear another word about how much you spend on guns.
(and I heard they were only going to give out a $50 discount coupon towards a Carnival Cruise when they confiscate all the black rifles)

Good idea, though I don't think your an idiot [grin]

let me put it to you this way, that looks like something I would buy, even though I know it is usless and just plain wrong. Then again I think my next purchase will be a S&W governor, so what does that say about my gun IQ? unless of course I go old schooland finaly get a CMP M-1 before they are all sold out... to many damm choises.

It does help that I have givin up on a AR or AK until the prices come back down...

*I* think it's a great idea. I actually wrote to Remington about a month ago:

With all the talk of looming “assault weapon” (semi-automatic) rifle bans and such, I was wondering if Remington has given thought to expanding on your offerings of pump-action rifles. Perhaps you could forward this suggestion to someone in product marketing…

Personally, I’d love to see a derivative of the 7615 Law Enforcement gun, but modified to be more “AR-like” with picatinny rail space on-top for optics, a threaded muzzle, etc. Chamber it in 5.56/.223 and .308, and be capable of accepting standard AR magazines, and other AR-type modular features (grips, buttstocks, trigger(?), etc.)

I’ve got to believe it would be a HUGE commercial success! Concept through testing and initial market trials wouldn’t take long at all, I’d think.

Remington could define and shape an entire new market for residential pump-action “defense” rifles and easily circumvent any restrictions on semi-automatic “assault” weapons.

If you ever decide to make such a thing, I’d love to be on the field trial team.

Thanks and have a great day!

I like the concept, just not any of the current guns. It needs more rail space, and AR-like options. As a pump rifle, it would circumvent most all of Feinstein's ban. You could get one with a muzzle brake, pistol grip, vertical fore-grip, grenade launcher, etc. and still not be subject to her ridiculous "ban" whether it passes or not.

Buy ALL guns

I wish I had bought this one. It's the 1st of probably many gun buying/selling regrets I will experience. It was against everything I wanted or needed but for $500.00 it would have been a fun cheap range/HD rifle. Plus, I could have easily got my money back if I wanted to sell.

*I* think it's a great idea. I actually wrote to Remington about a month ago:
Do not expect a reply, as doing so sets you up as a plaintiff if they were to introduce such a rifle at any time in the future.

Back
Top Bottom