• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sy Becker won't be down for a "Look at the Movies"...

This is Sy Becker with another look at the movies. My dad loved Sy Becker and I watched plenty of Sy's movies on a Sunday afternoon when I was a kid. My dad had me a captured audience watching Laurel and Hardy, the 3 stooges, etc. Something I still can't understand today why guys like it so much.

I actually met him once, about 12-15 years ago or so, at the now (still?) closed Sentry Cleaners just outside of Westover. He seemed as friendly and jovial in real life as he appeared on screen.

However at this meeting he was was talking somewhat excitedly about a current state iniative to make some sort of special payment to veterans.

I asked him innocently where this money was coming from. His response was that it was coming from the state.

I tried to let him know that the "state" has no money, that they take it from us.

He looked a little confused at this but he pressed on like the performer he was.

Still, RIP Sy.

Yep, Western MA staple.
You don't see that too much anymore. The John Quills, the Dave Madsens.
These TV personalities come and go before their seats are even warm.
We watch Channel 40 in the morning and the cast is constantly rotating.
(when I say "watch" I mean catch the weather and otherwise yell at the damn thing)

Back
Top Bottom