• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suspected active shooter investigation involving news crew

apparently they knew him so his presence may not have alerted them to any danger.
sounds like he was fired or something and she made racist comments.

apparently he was a disgruntled former employee.

Nothing says "I have a valid point and I'm not crazy" like shooting up a live news broadcast and tweeting the video of your first person perspective while running from the cops.

apparently they knew him so his presence may not have alerted them to any danger.
sounds like he was fired or something and she made racist comments.

apparently he was a disgruntled former employee.

per his own video, he was walking around with a handgun extended!!!

per his own video, he was walking around with a handgun extended!!!

yeah i agree i think people get focused on a task and have zero situational awareness. I think there should be a third person with camera crews who's job is to maintain sit awareness of surroundings. though none of them could have expected this nutjob maniac.

They should bring back hanging as a form of capital punishment. He certainly deserves it. Cowardly act. The video is horrific.
nutjob.

real name

Police are searching for Vester Lee Flanagan II, a 41-year-old “light-skinned black male”, a spokesperson for the Augusta County sheriff’s department has confirmed to the Guardian.

The spokesperson said police are searching for Flanagan “in relation to the homicide that occurred in Campbell County” – although Smith Mountain Lake technically lies in Franklin County, and their police department is leading the investigation.

Flanagan was described as 6ft 3in tall, approximately 250lbs, and public records show he has worked in the area as a reporter.

Watching the video again, it looks like he definitely waited until the cameraman had the interviewer on camera. You can see the cameraman pan the area and once the woman are seen live on TV... the gunman shoots.

Should be interesting if his manifesto has any references the blacklivesmatter BS. The current administration has done more to fuel racial disharmony in this country than any I can remember in recent history. Given there was some vague mention of the shooter believing the reporter to be racist, the contents of his manifesto should be an interesting read. We may never know the truth.

Fox News:

A longer video posted to Facebook doesn't show much after Parker runs in terror. The sound of 14 gunshots can be heard. Nine shots ring out before a pause and the final shots are fired. The Facebook account has also been suspended.

Watching the video again, it looks like he definitely waited until the cameraman had the interviewer on camera. You can see the cameraman pan the area and once the woman are seen live on TV... the gunman shoots.

Good catch, I wondered why he waited.

Not hard to believe he was a total *******. Lots of claims of racism at every job he ever held, after he was fired of course.

Back
Top Bottom