Sudbury townwide ban on agenda

I grew up in Sudbury. I still have my paper FID card from when I was 15. Valid until revoked or suspended (forget the wording and not going to find it now) but a lifetime FID and was $2.00 back then.

01776 My ass.

I was not happy when I stopped at the herb chambers there after the mask mandate was lifted but Sudbury kept it.

Bunch of pussies.

They said "operating in violation of State regulations". I thought that was untrue. Can they put a lie about something in another town in their warrant? Doesn't anybody read these over first?
There was a lot in the Warrant that did not seem to track with other stuff that I'd read, but having no first-hand knowledge of the facts, I decided not to mention it.

I did notice that there was a lot of hand-wringing and angst about national and global issues. Because a town with a 94% Mayo Monkey demographic, and a $200,000+ median income has a lot of problems.

I grew up in Sudbury. I still have my paper FID card from when I was 15. Valid until revoked or suspended (forget the wording and not going to find it now) but a lifetime FID and was $2.00 back then.

01776 My ass.

I was not happy when I stopped at the herb chambers there after the mask mandate was lifted but Sudbury kept it.

Bunch of pussies.
Not pussies, they're brainwashed/braindead, non thinking leftists who always need to be told what to do to function in life.

Local town politics is one of the few times contacting people makes a difference. Write, Call, email the zoning board, selectmen (or town council), letters to the editor of the local paper.
It does make a difference. If Every person involved in this idiocy hears from 10 different people they'll seriously rethink what they're doing.
If they use RTM every member has to hear about it before they vote.

It doesn't look like it has made the warrant for May 1, at least I can't find it.
I'm not sure where things are but it looks like someone/some group did a petition directly to the BOS.
And it sounds like members of the BOS will float the idea at Town Meeting, so show up and Boo!

They do publish this stuff. They're required to by law for a certain amount of time before the meeting. Kind of the job of the locals to know Town meeting dates and read the warrant.
The battle plans are drawn up in zoning boards and selectmen meetings. The war is usually won and lost at Town Meeting (esp if it involves spending money).

I for the life of me can't follow the reasoning that convinces someone that being near a gun shop would increase the likelihood of violence. MA has mandatory training, background checks, FID and LTCs and background checks at the time of purchase. This aint a department store in 1955. You can't just walk out of a shop with a gun.

May 1 meeting. "Banning sale, assembly and/or manufacture of firearms/components thereof , ammunition and explosives in ALL zoning district in th town of Sudbury."............
I don't think it's that far yet. It has to be on the warrant and I don't see it there. This looks like a citizens petition to the Board of Selectmen and they will discuss it at Town Meeting.
This kind of crap is easy to defeat if residents show up and complain.

Local town politics is one of the few times contacting people makes a difference. Write, Call, email the zoning board, selectmen (or town council), letters to the editor of the local paper.
It does make a difference. If Every person involved in this idiocy hears from 10 different people they'll seriously rethink what they're doing.
If they use RTM every member has to hear about it before they vote.

It doesn't look like it has made the warrant for May 1, at least I can't find it.

I don't think it's that far yet. It has to be on the warrant and I don't see it there.

Click your link, click on the "Warrant" logo on the left side of the page, go to PDF Page 49, 50 and 51 and you will see what I posted just above your first post. It states that it has been mailed to all households. Matt

Well, I guess there's always one who will try to conflate two completely separate issues to make an irrelevant point.

His problem is, he didn't even have the courage to just state it plainly. Typical leftist tactic.
I was thinking of Shay’s rebellion in all honesty, I don’t know how many or what sorts of people were even considered white in 1786. They didn’t like working folks guys cmon don’t have to be obtuse.

How so? They don’t publish, advertise and notify of Town Meeting dates and of Town Election dates?
Sure, the town publishes it somewhere in accordance with the law. Accordance with the law does not require a huge effort to advertise in a multitude of ways that would make most people aware. Having said that, the liberals have an excellent grapevine when it comes to things that are near and dear to them. Also keep in mind that the crazy and unpopular ideas that they hatch are not something that they want or can afford to spread the word about prior to a vote. Sadly the ideas of the crazies have become very popular here in Mass. Time to get out or here and leave it to the nut cases.

"Further, it does not impinge on anyone's rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution"

Amazing how they determined that!! Apparently "shall not be infringed" was missed by the drafters of this petition.

I do believe that many courts have ruled that these ammo, taxes and the like regulations are indeed infringements on the 2A.

But, Leftists gotta Leftist.

Every time one of these issues pops up (Newton, Littleton, Sudbury, etc, or even the bullshit in Easthampton) is another reason why you NEED to vote at the local level. Our local election last night drew 8% turnout...
Easthampton is a disaster right now! What was the issue with using the term “ladies”?

I wonder how much the local town government is willing to SPEND in court fighting to defend a blatantly unconstitutional bylaw.

I suspect the per capita income of > $200k/year is due to the residence of a local multibillionaire, although the town sounds like the population is quite well off even setting him aside.

But unless he's bankrolling the town counsel, they SHOULD be looking at a long and expensive battle.

I wonder how much the local town government is willing to SPEND in court fighting to defend a blatantly unconstitutional bylaw.

I suspect the per capita income of > $200k/year is due to the residence of a local multibillionaire, although the town sounds like the population is quite well off even setting him aside.

But unless he's bankrolling the town counsel, they SHOULD be looking at a long and expensive battle.
Sudbury has been a somewhat rural town in the area with a long history. Henry Ford built the grist mill there and owned the property.

Since it was rural with few homes and large acreage, it’s always been a rich town. Hudson and Marlborough were the working/industrial towns where the workers lived.

i don’t know if Raytheon had their FFL for everything there, but that got demolished a few years ago to make way for Whole Foods and other upscale stores.

Text extract for those with crappy eyesight like me:

“PETITION SPONSOR’S REPORT: The intent of this article is to regulate the manufacture and sale of guns and ammunition in Sudbury in the interest of public health and safety. The increasing access to firearms in our society is coupled with ever increasing death rates.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has relatively stringent gun laws but as we have seen they are not uniformly enforced and loopholes are always being exploited. Fortunately, the rate of gun deaths is not as high in Massachusetts as it is in some other states, but it is much higher than in many other countries. The ready access to guns everywhere risks violence and death, death both intentional and unintentional, by one’s own hand and by others.

Reduction in the demand for retail and industrial space in Sudbury means that much space languishes on the lease market, encouraging landlords to lease to tenants with unconventional or questionable business models in order to maintain any rental income at all. In the course of the last nine months we have seen a long series of news articles in the Boston Globe about a large nest of unconventional and illegal gun dealers in one building in Littleton operating in violation of State regulations and without regular inspections by local police and Federal authorities. Some of these weapons have been used in criminal activity including straw purchases.

This has led the Town of Littleton and its citizenry to orchestrate the sale and demolition of the entire building as a way of halting this unwanted activity.

This warrant article does not prevent hunters from loading ammunition in their own homes but it does ban the building and merchandising of firearms and ammunition within the Town’s borders for commercial purposes. Further, it does not impinge on anyone’s rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution. However, individuals should not be tempted by ready access to firearms to spontaneously commit violence against themselves, classmates, or family members. The darkest impulses of the human soul should not be exploited for profit.

In Sudbury and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts we look out for each other’s health and welfare. If after each senseless act of gun violence that is splashed across the news, we ask “Why can’t something be done about this horror?”, the answer is it can, and this town bylaw amendment is part of our answer.

SELECT BOARD POSITION: The Select Board will report at Town Meeting.

Click your link, click on the "Warrant" logo on the left side of the page, go to PDF Page 49, 50 and 51 and you will see what I posted just above your first post. It states that it has been mailed to all households. Matt
So much for pdf searching. I didn't see that. Thanks

This is the kind of thing people need to make some noise about at ATM. Selectmen need to hear from people by phone and email
Subury residents, show up and vote if it's an open town meeting. Can't let some vocal lefty change a towns zoning just because people can;t be bothered to oppose
Residents have the power to stop this

I suspect the per capita income of > $200k/year is due to the residence of a local multibillionaire, although the town sounds like the population is quite well off even setting him aside. But unless he's bankrolling the town counsel, they SHOULD be looking at a long and expensive battle.
I found a website publishing median household income by town; Sudbury's is $217K for 2021. (See also US Census data)

So even ignoring the wealthiest (and poorest) residents, Sudburyites are rich mofos.

“assembly”
So anyone with glock who fieldstrips it can’t re-assemble it?
Anyone who "assembles" an AR-15 by joining the upper to lower...

“manufacture … ammunition”
Any re-loaders in town?

a**h***s.
Residents of Sudbusters hire in housecleaning and lawn care. It’s not remotely on their radar that someone might “assemble” their own firearm or ammunition. “Thurston, haven’t you a man for that filthy chore?”

(yes, I know there are real people who live there, but a broad brush is ever so much more fun to wield!)

So much for pdf searching. I didn't see that. Thanks

This is the kind of thing people need to make some noise about at ATM. Selectmen need to hear from people by phone and email
Subury residents, show up and vote if it's an open town meeting. Can't let some vocal lefty change a towns zoning just because people can;t be bothered to oppose
Residents have the power to stop this
This is where the left usually comes out ahead, in mustering people to do stuff.

Now is the time for GOAL, Comm2A, NSSF, NRA, GOA, SAF, MSC, WCL to ALL send out info to members in Sudbury, and make sure they SHOW UP and that they BRING ANOTHER LIKE MINDED VOTER.

"Further, it does not impinge on anyone's rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution"

Amazing how they determined that!! Apparently "shall not be infringed" was missed by the drafters of this petition.

I do believe that many courts have ruled that these ammo, taxes and the like regulations are indeed infringements on the 2A.

But, Leftists gotta Leftist.
of course it does not impinge - just cut those bears paws off and nail them to your wall all you want - it is a PETA issue, different department to prosecute you.

the only truth is - it is what good sheeple of sudbury wants, most likely, and, most likely it will happen, as in most other towns. they are solid in their belief of what constitutional amendments are and how to treat them - the 1st one gives you a right to attach an appropriate pronoun to your chest so everyone could see - mandatory to wear everywhere at all times, and a second one allows creation of paid professional armed forces for governments to shoot you with. like any law in this country - the trick is in enforced interpretations, not in what it was supposed to be.

In the course of the last nine months we have seen a long series of news articles in the Boston Globe about a large nest of unconventional and illegal gun dealers in one building in Littleton operating in violation of State regulations and without regular inspections by local police and Federal authorities.

What is this? Reminds me of "interviews" by LEO. We can lie to you all we want but if you lie to us, off with your head.

The statement above is false. Someone from Sudbury should demand the inaccurate/false statements are removed.

Text extract for those with crappy eyesight like me:

“PETITION SPONSOR’S REPORT: The intent of this article is to regulate the manufacture and sale of guns and ammunition in Sudbury in the interest of public health and safety. The increasing access to firearms in our society is coupled with ever increasing death rates.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has relatively stringent gun laws but as we have seen they are not uniformly enforced and loopholes are always being exploited. Fortunately, the rate of gun deaths is not as high in Massachusetts as it is in some other states, but it is much higher than in many other countries. The ready access to guns everywhere risks violence and death, death both intentional and unintentional, by one’s own hand and by others.

Reduction in the demand for retail and industrial space in Sudbury means that much space languishes on the lease market, encouraging landlords to lease to tenants with unconventional or questionable business models in order to maintain any rental income at all. In the course of the last nine months we have seen a long series of news articles in the Boston Globe about a large nest of unconventional and illegal gun dealers in one building in Littleton operating in violation of State regulations and without regular inspections by local police and Federal authorities. Some of these weapons have been used in criminal activity including straw purchases.

This has led the Town of Littleton and its citizenry to orchestrate the sale and demolition of the entire building as a way of halting this unwanted activity.

This warrant article does not prevent hunters from loading ammunition in their own homes but it does ban the building and merchandising of firearms and ammunition within the Town’s borders for commercial purposes. Further, it does not impinge on anyone’s rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution. However, individuals should not be tempted by ready access to firearms to spontaneously commit violence against themselves, classmates, or family members. The darkest impulses of the human soul should not be exploited for profit.

In Sudbury and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts we look out for each other’s health and welfare. If after each senseless act of gun violence that is splashed across the news, we ask “Why can’t something be done about this horror?”, the answer is it can, and this town bylaw amendment is part of our answer.

SELECT BOARD POSITION: The Select Board will report at Town Meeting.

But that's not at all what happened...

Sure, the town publishes it somewhere in accordance with the law. Accordance with the law does not require a huge effort to advertise in a multitude of ways that would make most people aware. Having said that, the liberals have an excellent grapevine when it comes to things that are near and dear to them. Also keep in mind that the crazy and unpopular ideas that they hatch are not something that they want or can afford to spread the word about prior to a vote. Sadly the ideas of the crazies have become very popular here in Mass. Time to get out or here and leave it to the nut cases.
It is widely published and announced But, you have to make the effort to be aware. Democracy requires effort, sorry. It will always be on town website. It is mailed to every residence. All with plenty of notice.

Last edited:
Based on the fact that Sudbury's murder rate rivals that of Chicago, I propose we require the town to install CCTV cameras that cover every square foot of town controlled property - all streets, all municipal buildings, all parks and any other buildings or property the town controls.

of course it does not impinge - just cut those bears paws off and nail them to your wall all you want - it is a PETA issue, different department to prosecute you.

the only truth is - it is what good sheeple of sudbury wants, most likely, and, most likely it will happen, as in most other towns. they are solid in their belief of what constitutional amendments are and how to treat them - the 1st one gives you a right to attach an appropriate pronoun to your chest so everyone could see - mandatory to wear everywhere at all times, and a second one allows creation of paid professional armed forces for governments to shoot you with. like any law in this country - the trick is in enforced interpretations, not in what it was supposed to be.
In 2020 Biden took 75% of the vote in Sudbury.

Back
Top Bottom