Sudbury townwide ban on agenda

The founders would be fine with private powder stores only the “right sort of men” had access too honestly. Don’t give them too much credit.
What are you talking about? 🤔 🤔

The public powder stores were for use by militiamen only in defense of the town and most of that was cannon powder, (yes the right type of men), they weren't for private use. There were no restrictions on private powder storage.

May 1 meeting. "Banning sale, assembly and/or manufacture of firearms/components thereof , ammunition and explosives in ALL zoning district in th town of Sudbury."............
“assembly”
So anyone with glock who fieldstrips it can’t re-assemble it?
Anyone who "assembles" an AR-15 by joining the upper to lower...

“manufacture … ammunition”
Any re-loaders in town?

a**h***s.

Last edited:
The founders would be fine with private powder stores only the “right sort of men” had access too honestly. Don’t give them too much credit.
Oh dear.....you just turned your vehicle onto the Left Revisionist History Narrative that they use to justify today how ammunition should be controlled.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it was unintentional, but the correlation is real.

Any man in colonial America who could make good gunpowder was revered more highly in their towns than the local doctor. Do you know why?
Because whereas the doctor might be necessary sometimes, people always relied on using their muskets for their daily food and because powder was usually in short supply, and what supplies that did exist were always subject to damage and the vast majority of it was imported.

The use of gunpowder was so ubiquitous in those times, virtually every single household always had a half pound or more on hand at all times.

Last edited:
It looks like they haven’t posted the actual articles on the Town site. However, this is unlikely to go anywhere UNLESS they change it to how Newton and Littleton did. That is, by heavily restricting the zones in which an actual firearm business can be located. But Sudbury is pretty small with very little industry. I’m only aware of the businesses along RT 20 that could possibly be zoned commercial or industrial.

It looks like they haven’t posted the actual articles on the Town site. However, this is unlikely to go anywhere UNLESS they change it to how Newton and Littleton did. That is, by heavily restricting the zones in which an actual firearm business can be located. But Sudbury is pretty small with very little industry. I’m only aware of the businesses along RT 20 that could possibly be zoned commercial or industrial.
I agree. Rt 20 is the only stretch I can think of.

Every time one of these issues pops up (Newton, Littleton, Sudbury, etc, or even the bullshit in Easthampton) is another reason why you NEED to vote at the local level. Our local election last night drew 8% turnout...
I swear these towns intentionally limit notifications about town voting dates so only the beautiful people vote…

I swear these towns intentionally limit notifications about town voting dates so only the beautiful people vote…
Well sure they do, that's how they tip the scales in their favor to obtain the desired results.

The average guy or gal who's working, raising a family and tending to everything else in their lives will usually miss their opportunity to exercise their participation in city/town politics when short notice of issues is the norm. That is the plan of all tyrants, however slight.

Every time one of these issues pops up (Newton, Littleton, Sudbury, etc, or even the bullshit in Easthampton) is another reason why you NEED to vote at the local level. Our local election last night drew 8% turnout...
This.

Up here a few anti hunt/gun people took the lack of attendance and no public web presence to pass a very restrictive ordinance. They only had to slightly attend town meeting to get it passed.

This pissed many of us off to the point we wanted the ordinance revoked. A committee was formed with anti and pro people and it will be re-voted on to remove and replace.

We now have a web site and monthly email list for the BOS agenda. Get involved. Stay informed.

There's some businesses on Union Ave. and Rt. 27/Hudson Rd. but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom