Strangest place you ever made a (gun) deal...

Did a trade with a newly joined NES'r on FA10's in my car. He was pretty nervous. He also had his buddy lying down in the passenger seat of his car which I didn't see until he sat up as they were rolling out afterwards. Seriously? [rofl]

[laugh]

We should turn this thread into a contest to see who can do an eFA10 deal in the strangest place.

I recently bought 2 preban Berretta 92fs mags in the back parking lot of an Applebee's. The weird part was when the seller pulled out a Ziploc bag with the 2 mags wrapped in paper towels. It definitely looked like I was buying cocaine instead of magazines. Everything after that was normal, did a quick function check next to my car and exchanged the cash. Ended up buying the hogue grip off him too.

Not so much the place, which was parking lot of a commuter rail station, but when he opened the truck to show me the pistol he pulled it all the way out and held it well up while checking it was clear and locking the slide and then waving it around a bit before handing it to me.

Was a bit much flourish, though I will admit the parking lot was almost empty. I was sure the police would arrive before we left and I just did not want to be explaining it was a legal transfer while sitting handcuffed in back of a cruiser.

Random street corner in Lynn, parking lot of the North Shore Mall, my kitchen counter, PD parking lot, Cabela's lot, ice cream shop parking lot, a Staples to do the EFA-10, were all places I've done firearm/ammo transfers, but the strangest would have to be the Men's room of the Golden Banana.

Bought a gun from a NES'r at a gas station off I-495 . . . a few years later I bought another gun at the same place and we realized it was the same guy.

Ahh, yes. I do remember that! The Beretta and a Tokarev.
That reminds me, I did a trade there with another NES guy and a Franklin cop pulled up next to us as we were doing our eFA-10's, guns sitting on our laps. Cop glanced in, shook his head then walked into the store.

No balls busted and we laughed it off.

Ahh, yes. I do remember that! The Beretta and a Tokarev.
That reminds me, I did a trade there with another NES guy and a Franklin cop pulled up next to us as we were doing our eFA-10's, guns sitting on our laps. Cop glanced in, shook his head then walked into the store.

No balls busted and we laughed it off.

Yup. I guess that gas station is a favorite location for transfers, not just for you and me! [laugh]

Purchased a G19 from a Boston cop. The transaction took place in his patrol car in a parking lot of a church.

So he bought a blue label and turned around and sold it to you for the same price right,or did he add on the $350 MA VAT ?

Pretty sure he sold it to you for what he got it for,otherwise that would be buying something with intent to sell it at a profit,and the ATF frowns upon those shenanigans.

Last edited:
So he bought a blue label and turned around and sold it to you for the same price right,or did he add on the $350 MA VAT ?

Pretty sure he sold it to you for what he got it for,otherwise that would be buying something with intent to sell it at a profit,and the ATF frowns upon those shenanigans.
Hey, for all we know the g19 was a second gen bought as backup many moons ago ;)

There's no prohibition of making a profit while selling your personal property. You're confusing Operating as Licensee and/or straw purchase.

With the ATF, it's all about intent. You can buy a gun and sell it the next day for twice what you paid for it, as long as your intention was not to resell it. You just decided that you 'didn't like it after all' or whatever.

Some people don't like the same gun 10 times in a row, if you get what I mean...

With the ATF, it's all about intent. You can buy a gun and sell it the next day for twice what you paid for it, as long as your intention was not to resell it. You just decided that you 'didn't like it after all' or whatever.

Some people don't like the same gun 10 times in a row, if you get what I mean...

Let's not derail this thread any further, let him believe what he wants.

Purchased a G19 from a Boston cop. The transaction took place in his patrol car in a parking lot of a church.
Only "improvement" would be if it had been a school...

I actually bought ammo from a member here who was a UMass cop at the time. He had me follow him to the way top floor of the parking garage to make the deal so we wouldn't be seen. Yes, on campus... Hypothetically Maura, hypothetically...

Random street corner in Lynn, parking lot of the North Shore Mall, my kitchen counter, PD parking lot, Cabela's lot, ice cream shop parking lot, a Staples to do the EFA-10, were all places I've done firearm/ammo transfers, but the strangest would have to be the Men's room of the Golden Banana.
Bonus points for wearing a banana suit...

Only "improvement" would be if it had been a school...

I actually bought ammo from a member here who was a UMass cop at the time. He had me follow him to the way top floor of the parking garage to make the deal so we wouldn't be seen. Yes, on campus... Hypothetically Maura, hypothetically...

Bonus points for wearing a banana suit...

Nope. If memory serves, was dress pants and a polo. Bought it from one of the bouncers on his break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually i do burger king and dunken donuts or gunstore parking lots...it doesnt sound very strange too us.
But think about these antigunners when they hear i bought a machine gun "from the truck of a car" in a parking lot from an indvidual....sounds so nefarious to them.

its kinda like the overreaction to buying guns and ammo online like its a new phenomenon when its not much different then newpapers and classifieds in the old days.

Bank parking lot off MCAS Beaufort. bought a XDM .40 for $300 and a case of beer so my friend could drink the night away. gun was only 2 weeks old, but the wife caught him cheating and he needed cash fast!

Honey Dew Donuts parking lot. Picked up an SKS, couple hundred rounds of ammo and bayonets. Interesting walk across the busy parking lot. Was a dumb teenager and didn't park next to the guy.

Honey Dew Donuts parking lot. Picked up an SKS, couple hundred rounds of ammo and bayonets. Interesting walk across the busy parking lot. Was a dumb teenager and didn't park next to the guy.

I had a similar walk following a deal in downtown Needham after buying my first rifle. I bought an FAL from a guy on here and had to walk it from his office out to the municipal parking lot. The rifle is 43" long and the rifle case I brought must have been 36". I step out onto the sidewalk and there's a cruiser at a red light right there. By the time I got back to my car I was sweating my ass off. [smile]

Done a few in my office, one in the front seat of my car at a Dunkin Donuts, one in a lot across from Great Woods, but the best was in my truck at the mall on the MA/NH line. The guy asked me to use my gps to make the passenger seat in NH and the driver seat in MA and then we did the transfer (C&R so it was legal).

In here.

tardis_open_by_vashar23-d5eday7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom