Strangest place you ever made a (gun) deal...

I few months back I sold a gun to a guy in the parking lot where he worked -- an armored car company. I've done 4 or 5 transfers at McDonald's, one at a Wendy's, a couple at Starbucks, one in a gas station parking lot and one at the seller's home. I'd never do a deal at my home unless it was to a close friend.

Last edited:
The other one was when I bought my Weatherby shotgun from an NES'r and he had me to go to his house. Walking around the house, into the guys bedroom to get everything and then using his computer to do the FA10 because he didn't know how to.

In my defense, I had never bought/sold private party before so I had never even seen an FA10 before. Anyways, hope you've gotten more use out of that shotgun than I did!

Pretty sure he sold it to you for what he got it for,otherwise that would be buying something with intent to sell it at a profit,and the ATF frowns upon those shenanigans.

Well, kinda, but "profit motive" is a lot more complicated than that. It's more along the lines of "well how many times did he do that?" etc. Patterns, etc.

A guy selling a few guns out of his collection (and profiting off of each one) isn't necessarily enough to establish a clear pattern of profit motive.

That reminded me of a similar deal for preban mags. Seller got nervous and a little agitated when a cop randomly drove by. That got me a little nervous because at our given location we were completely inconspicuous until he started tripping out. Everyone else has been completely 'chill', if not fun to shoot the sh!t with while completing the transaction.

I've sniffed out at least two of those pre-sale and needless to say there was never a deal made with either. Pant shitters are a waste of
time.

-Mike

Sold my 6.5 Grendel AR in the parking lot of some mall out near Worchester. Nice guy deal went perfect but there sure were alot of cameras.

Back
Top Bottom