Strangest place you ever made a (gun) deal...

Today in quick succession I made a roadside (literally on the shoulder just off Rt2 2) deal, bought a pound of powder from a member. Then I went the rest of the way to work and bought a few boxes of ammo from another member in the parking lot of my job, not the first, or even second time I've done that. I traded a pistol for a shotgun in a Lowe's parking lot. Bought a pistol in a bank parking lot. Bought a press in a Dunks lot. Bought a 2shot drringerr and 2k+ rounds of ammo on the steps in front of a library. Bought a streamlight from a guy on a date. So far, my favorite is the 1911 I bought from a guy in the Barnes and Noble lot across from Burlington Mall a couple of months after "Umbrella-gate". Nice guy, Lady Radtekk sat in the back of his 7-Series BMW while we did the deal. His Russian accent was as thick as Drago's in Rocky.

If all goes well, my strangest will be a 3-way where I sell a couple of rifles to one guy, and use the gift card he's using to buy them to buy a pistol from another guy. All in a hotel in downtown Boston. And she said "No 3 ways after we get married".

What's your story?

Not me but a friend's daughter got in a minor accident in the police station parking lot. The guy that hit her had no insurance. When my buddy showed up and told the guy he has to come up with some cash to pay for the broken tail light. He saw the NRA sticker on the truck and asked if he would take a shield instead of cash. They did the transfer and everyone walked away happy.

Sold a rifle in a Holiday Inn parking lot (but I didn't stay there). Sold ammo at a gas station. Bought a gun from a NES'r at a gas station off I-495 . . . a few years later I bought another gun at the same place and we realized it was the same guy. Sold a reloading press at my desk at DEC. Bought a gun from a cop at his PD parking lot, then he ran inside to make a copy of the form for me (not really strange to me, but others might think so). Back in the mid 1970s I bought a new 1911 from a kitchen table dealer at his kitchen table.

Bought a 15-22 from my boss at work in the parking lot that we just had wired with tons of cameras. Also bought my LNL press at a shell station as well as a couple M1A mags.

Starbucks, in Watertown no less. Used their WiFi for the eFA10.

The irony wasn't lost on me or the seller as we watched all the moon bats get their latte while we did the 'paper work'.

I feel like buying a gun anywhere in mass is strange [thinking]
Once bought a revolver from a guy in the back of his tricked out van. We filled out the paperwork at the table in the back that converted to a couch. No he didn't offer me candy to close the deal but it was close to that creepy.

Radtekk, now I want to meet you in Boston to make this a more exciting story!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Today in quick succession I made a roadside (literally on the shoulder just off Rt2 2) deal, bought a pound of powder from a member. Then I went the rest of the way to work and bought a few boxes of ammo from another member in the parking lot of my job, not the first, or even second time I've done that. I traded a pistol for a shotgun in a Lowe's parking lot. Bought a pistol in a bank parking lot. Bought a press in a Dunks lot. Bought a 2shot drringerr and 2k+ rounds of ammo on the steps in front of a library. Bought a streamlight from a guy on a date. So far, my favorite is the 1911 I bought from a guy in the Barnes and Noble lot across from Burlington Mall a couple of months after "Umbrella-gate". Nice guy, Lady Radtekk sat in the back of his 7-Series BMW while we did the deal. His Russian accent was as thick as Drago's in Rocky.

If all goes well, my strangest will be a 3-way where I sell a couple of rifles to one guy, and use the gift card he's using to buy them to buy a pistol from another guy. All in a hotel in downtown Boston. And she said "No 3 ways after we get married".

What's your story?

forgot our transaction in a starbucks lot, oh wait that was normal

all of them. Since it's such a dark secret in MA, every deal seems like it's done in a dark parking lot.

MA state house in the service entrance courtyard.
Bought a 38spl off of one of my dad's capital police buddies... the freight elevator guy could not stop asking questions about gun selling.
One of many things I miss about my youth and my dad.
I got to crawl all over that building and even taken a few elevator rides in the gov secret elevator to the other office
I also liked spending time in the state house library glass floors and the cool iron work.

Last edited:
McDonald's parking lot in broad daylight. Efa 10 on an iPad a reccomendation of where to get lunch and we're off.
Hell I got more scrutiny selling disc brakes for a mountain bike at Stop and Shop in North Andover than I did for this.

6pm on a Wed eve in a Haverhill Dunkins' parking lot to buy a Smith 6904. Good price and good guy. He let me finger his new P320 before I left. Met a guy from Armslist for a box of ammo just this morning at Dicks in Danvers. Gun people are good people.

Isn't that the truth. Done a lot of deals at mall parking lots. Met a few people at their house, gas station etc.

The only place that doesn't seem like a dark parking lot is when I am able to meet someone at a gun club.

all of them. Since it's such a dark secret in MA, every deal seems like it's done in a dark parking lot.

Does any one know if the foxy lady has free wifi? I will sell a gun for a song just for the story!

Last couple times I have met at a LGS parking lot or Cabelas lot to do EFA10's just to avoid any hassles and also for convenience of buying ammo. A deal at a little league lot was a slightly humorous location. I enjoyed doing a swap with another NESer at the back of the Leominster Wally World lot. My revolver for a rifle + $. Openly checked out the guns and left them on his pickup truck bed while we completed the old paper 10's. Not a single funny look- just as it should be.

usually at McD's in Burlington, and more than 50% to cops.
sold AR-15 to plastic surgeon at diff McD's
sold Ruger Vaquero to dude at a third McD's
sold Ruger mk III to cop at 4th McD's
bought my favorite gun ever, Colt 1911 Series 70, 100 years of joy and killing, at McD's (5th) on rt 9 (had work done by Business End Customs=awesome=beautiful and flawless!!)

conclusion: in addition to yummy and nutritious food, McD's has free wifi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom