• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage idea

I did this with my pistol case. it worked awesome. the problem is that the foam will dent and wear down. i used fiberglass mat and epoxy under my stuff. imagine this. guns with black velvet from fabric store with spray adhesive to thin mil plastic sheeting.put them in my case velvet side towards guns sprayed adhesive layed plastic then brushed epoxy from kit that i got from boat store (slow cure) spayed in foam covered and waited. The foam filled out the voids the epoxy hardened and all looked great. had some very small wrinkles around trigger area but other than that i love it. thanks for the idea.

I did this with my pistol case. it worked awesome. the problem is that the foam will dent and wear down. i used fiberglass mat and epoxy under my stuff. imagine this. guns with black velvet from fabric store with spray adhesive to thin mil plastic sheeting.put them in my case velvet side towards guns sprayed adhesive layed plastic then brushed epoxy from kit that i got from boat store (slow cure) spayed in foam covered and waited. The foam filled out the voids the epoxy hardened and all looked great. had some very small wrinkles around trigger area but other than that i love it. thanks for the idea.

any pics? I would love to see what the final product looked like

I think im going to try it this way. Do like the OP said with the tshirt and then just brush on the epoxy resin. let it harden using the t shirt as the matting. from there i would cover it with the felt. This might be easier but i am worried about clearences. maybe when i put the items in the mold box i will lay the felt on the guns and then the t shirt and then foam it. that way i will have the clearence i need.

Probably a good idea to place half to one inch nuts next to the grips so you could slide your fingers underneath and remove the tool/gun easily.

Back
Top Bottom