STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH (See post #198 for results) Harvard Sportsmen's Club 11-05-11

Hey Paul,

Do you know if you are going to set up on fri or sat morning?
I plan on helping for set up and take down.
Just let me know

Jon

Jon and Aaron,
Right now we are planning to layout stages and set bases on Friday afternoon and on Saturday morning hang the steel.
Once we finalize schedule we'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the offer!

I know we just had the greatest collapse in MLB history[crying], but I still have to say this isn't such a great name for a match in Red Sox Nation...[grin]

Did I miss the part where only Red Sox fans are invited? Hell, I'm a METS fan (and as such, have two favorite teams, the other one being any team who's playing the Yankees!) and I like the name.

"Yankee" was in use up here long before those clowns in the Bronx first picked up a bat and a ball.

how's about ....

"Harvard Minutemen Fall Classic" or maybe "Harvard Minutemen Steel Challenge Fall Classic"

or what about "Harvard Minutemen Steel Challenge Early Winter Classic"

or "Harvard Minutemen Steel Challenge Pre-Turkey Day Classic"

maybe too sexist with the "men" part in there [smile]

Last edited:
HSC Dropping Plates 2011 or HSC Steel Splatter 2011

hehe this is fun maybe;

The Echos of Fallen Steel Open

OK, Lets see on this name game, We have
8 stages, thats important , keep that.....8
It's in the fall, also important, keep.. Fall
You could says that November is late Fall....thats good
How about, using the KISS rule " The Late Fall 8"

I like the name idea as well. Below is my contribution, based on what others have already offered. I do like 'The Late 8' or a variation of it, not as a name, but as a slogan for the match. Especially if the match becomes the last big SC match on HSC's annual schedule. - ERHARDT

The Steel Challenge Fall Classic at Harvard

OK, Lets see on this name game, We have
8 stages, thats important , keep that.....8
It's in the fall, also important, keep.. Fall
You could says that November is late Fall....thats good
How about, using the KISS rule " The Late Fall 8"

I like the Pig on the train [wink]
sigpic85_13.gif

IN! ... (+1)

Tho i felt a little out of place last time..... nearly everyone was shooting .22
I was the genius who decided to shoot .45 (though it was my first steel match, so i didn't really know :) )
still lots of fun!

IN! ... (+1)

Tho i felt a little out of place last time..... nearly everyone was shooting .22
I was the genius who decided to shoot .45 (though it was my first steel match, so i didn't really know :) )
still lots of fun!

This will be my first steel match and I was about to be the next genius to bring a .45acp 1911. The only other option for me for this match would be a M&P 9mm. Should I bring that instead????

This will be my first steel match and I was about to be the next genius to bring a .45acp 1911. The only other option for me for this match would be a M&P 9mm. Should I bring that instead????

I've only shot steel challenge once and I did 9mm out of a S&W 3913. It was lots of fun, but I'm going to shoot my Buckmark .22 this time. Shoot what you have that is fun, accurate, and affordable.

You can use either but you don't need the 45, if your comfortable with the M&P and have a good holster and enough mags I'd use that.
(I'm assuming you don't reload ?)

And as far as the naming thing.....I was just playing !
but if enough of you folks like it then maybe [wink]
Let's get this one under our belts before we go too far [smile]

Back
Top Bottom