• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH (See post #198 for results) Harvard Sportsmen's Club 11-05-11

I had a great time. I love the Steel Challenge and hope this becomes an annual event. I look forward to signing up for the next one. Thanks for putting on a great event.

My first full steel challenge match and the first time shooting the .22 pistol in any competition. Had so much fun, I'm going to have to do that more often, maybe put a C-more on it. I'm sure my wife will love that I have a new discipline to travel to!

What a Hoot!

Ha ha -- DFL in Rimfire Rifle Open! Guess that's what I get for trying to shoot the match with a rifle/scope that was older than most of the competitors -- a beautiful Weatherby XXII with factory scope made in 1967! Too bad I dropped a couple of my mags in the mud and got the jams on my last stage -- but my time was decent and a few seconds wouldn't have helped my score. Guess optics (even tho' 43 years old) really made the difference with my hits and misses, tho'. Hey, I was 20 when the firearm was made in Italy by Beretta.

Thanks Paul D. and all the other ROs and volunteers for making the match happen, and kudos to Paul Erhardt for the coverage, photos and help with sponsors. And many thanks to the guys in Squad #6 for putting up with your ROs with great attitudes all the way through a very long day.

Stacy, I still have your brass! But I'm not going to bust too many chops about beating someone's time (yeah, right -- like that's not going to happen, eh?).

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks again to Paul and all of the ROs for working so we could play. I'm going to be working the transitions with the 22 rifle this winter.

I was happy to see I finally broke the top 1/2 on scoring in an event. Usually I start from the bottom of the list and find my name pretty quickly.
I appreciate all the hard work that goes into getting the scoring results out so quickly. Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom