Starbucks caves to the Anti's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, they're not going to ask you to leave until some moonbat complains.

When you think about it, moonbats seem to make up a large percentage of the Starbucks demographic, with all the fancy-pants blends, flavors and types of coffee offered

--- Remember the DD commercial "Is it French, or is it Italian, perhaps Fra-tal-lian" poking fun at the silly names Starbucks uses for "small" "medium" and "large" ?

From a business point of view, they're protecting their interests by talking out of both sides of their mouth to appease the moonbats -- They're not doing the 2A cause any good, but I understand the decision to keep their customer base happy.

Personally, I am not a fan of Starbucks, so I have no dog in this fight (Signage is not binding in MA, so carry on...)

what to do now with my Avitar...........

2 min's prior to seeing this thread, I went thru the comm2a link to amazon and purchased an I love Guns and Coffee hoodie. Shit. I go to Starbucks 3-5 times a week. I really wish they would have not went this direction. Cancelled my order BTW.

Not going to read through this entire thread but here is a link to an online article which includes the CEO's open letter: Starbucks CEO Asks Customers to Stop Bringing Guns ?Into Our Stores or Outdoor Seating Areas? | TheBlaze.com

- - - Updated - - -

2 min's prior to seeing this thread, I went thru the comm2a link to amazon and purchased an I love Guns and Coffee hoodie. Shit. I go to Starbucks 3-5 times a week. I really wish they would have not went this direction. Cancelled my order BTW.

Why cancel the order? Still a great shirt. Not like the proceeds from the shirt goes to Starbucks, amirite? It would now then be an even more great play on their Starbucks logo [laugh]

Not going to read through this entire thread but here is a link to an online article which includes the CEO's open letter: Starbucks CEO Asks Customers to Stop Bringing Guns ?Into Our Stores or Outdoor Seating Areas? | TheBlaze.com

- - - Updated - - -

Why cancel the order? Still a great shirt. Not like the proceeds from the shirt goes to Starbucks, amirite? It would now then be an even more great play on their Starbucks logo [laugh]

Fair question. I'm a huge Starbucks fan and I appreciated their neutral stance. To me personally, their stance is no longer neutral. I can definitely understand where people are coming from when they say "the pro 2A side pushed them into this." But, I still don't agree with the direction they are going. I know I can't boycott every anti 2A establishment, but I will not go out of my way to support them either.

When you think about it, moonbats seem to make up a large percentage of the Starbucks demographic, with all the fancy-pants blends, flavors and types of coffee offered
^^^ THIS
Any store I cannot order my GOD DAMN COFFEE in SMALL MEDIUM OR F'ING LARGE and I have to get into an argument with the counter person correcting me on their size "lingo" cause IDGAF #FOAD. Starbucks culture is liberal tree hugging hippy BS all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what happens when you mix OC activists, well-organized and well-funded people-against-guns (PAG) groups, a corporation, and a hoplophobic society.

MDAGSA is gloating about this on their site. Their press release also implies that they are going to keep at this, business by business, including campaigning against businesses that do not support their desire to ban "assault weapons."

Starbucks warned people to leave them out of this. If people keep doing this sh!t more and more stores will say fvck gun owners and ban guns.

This!

So, again just words on paper

They were never really for or against us. They only said they would go along with whatever the local laws said. By having these Starbucks appreciation days, they were forced to make a decision. It says in their letter, they are not pro or anti gun. I don't think they wanted to be involved in the first place. If I want a coffee and they are close, I will get one there. I will carry concealed like I always do. I will no longer go out of my way to support them, but I will not boycott them either, unless they take a harder stance against us.

There are plenty of other companies that are actually actively against us that never get any press for it.

Yup, WE were the problem here.

I still can't wrap my brain around spending so much money for water some ground pits soaked in, so neither *$s nor DD will be getting my business. If I want coffee, I'll make it at home.

Same here. I buy beans at Costco or Sam's Club and grind/brew each day. I only go into Starbucks or DD when I'm meeting someone and may buy a standard coffee there. This might happen once/twice every few years.

Irony is that I had one such meeting yesterday morning at Starbucks (other party chose the location) and no signs/no memos/no hassle (yes I was CCW'g).

it looks more like a toothless policy to appease the moonbats while remaining neutral. They will not enforce anything unless a person becomes disruptive, gun or no gun.

For whatever reason people ( 2a ) rallied around Starbucks and made them a focal point.... they NEVER supported that or wanted any part of it, period. They didn't cave as they never actually "supported" it anyway

Jesus fvcking Christ.... Starbucks has issued a toothless policy to make the moonbats happy. Now leave Starbucks alone before they AND other stores tell gun owners to fvck off.

Grow up and stop poking sleeping bears that mean you no harm before you fvck all of us.

We were welcome, so long as we didn't make them the focus of the gun debate. You know, like they repeatedly asked both sides over and over and over again?

Gun owners are more to blame for this BS than the antis. Stupid is, as stupid does.

All the above are spot-on. Don't FORCE a company to take sides or we will lose ground almost every time! From a business perspective there are always more moonbats populating these stores than our folks . . . after all who else would regularly spend $4-5 for something that they could make themselves for less than 50 cents or buy elsewhere for $1.00.

If they don't plan on enforcing it, I say carry on as usual.

That's what I got out of it.

I'd still say they're neutral. They come up with a piece of paper to make the antis happy. They also clearly state they wont bother the law abiding citizen.

So they're tired of being put in the middle of a fight, can't blame them in that sense. The twats are going to call this a victory, cause they'll delete certain phrases of the announcement for their own gain.

Personally, I don't drink coffee anymore, haven't in a couple of years. But never saw the attraction of a $6 cup of Starbucks either.

So what has changed exactly?

They are NOT going to put up signs. They are NOT going to enforce it. They are NOT going to ask you to leave if you are carrying. And concealed means concealed. All they did was throw a bone to the anti's to keep them quite. I am sure they are sick of the emotion based complaining they get from the anti's.

So, what has really changed here?

To me personally, their stance is no longer neutral.
Technically you are correct. SB had a neutral position--we comply with all state and local laws. However, PAG successfully portrayed SB as being pro-gun and successfully equated pro-gun with unsafe for the children. The gun restrictionists control both the narrative and the language ("gun violence," "assault weapons," "military-style," "reasonable," "common sense," etc.) of the "debate." We will continue to lose the PR campaign until that changes.

- - - Updated - - -

So what has changed exactly?

They are NOT going to put up signs. They are NOT going to enforce it. They are NOT going to ask you to leave if you are carrying. And concealed means concealed. All they did was throw a bone to the anti's to keep them quite. I am sure they are sick of the emotion based complaining they get from the anti's.

So, what has really changed here?
Vandalism:
Starbucks_2013-09-18%252007.37.45.jpg

Technically you are correct. SB had a neutral position--we comply with all state and local laws. However, PAG successfully portrayed SB as being pro-gun and successfully equated pro-gun with unsafe for the children. The gun restrictionists control both the narrative and the language ("gun violence," "assault weapons," "military-style," "reasonable," "common sense," etc.) of the "debate." We will continue to lose the PR campaign until that changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Vandalism:

Who done it!?

I can't see the big deal here. Starbucks is not anti-gun. If you like their coffee, buy it. I never liked it.

honestly we as a nation have bigger things to get pissed off about.

my biggest gripe with starbucks is that they are too ****ing uppity to put milk in the coffee i just paid for. i don't want to do that shit myself, if i did i'd just make coffee at home god damn it. that's why i'm skipping starbucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Vandalism:

I agree. Pro 2A as a whole pushed and Starbucks reacted. They could have just reiterated their position of following local, state, and federal laws. Instead they chose the side of money and political correctness.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still going to Dick's Sporting Goods... ARENT YOU

Nope

So tired of reading this shit over and over again

My eyes have glazed over for the day. THANKS NES
boycott-stuff.gif

Last edited:
right. from the way i see it, pro 2A people used starbucks to their own devices and starbucks has finally said "wtf? enough"
To be fair, MDAGSA used Starbucks too, and having achieved what they are calling a victory, will move on to the next battleground business. I would never suggest that this was entirely the fault of OC activists, who provided the wrong response to MDAGSA's Starbucks campaign in the first place. Rather than give MDAGSA free PR throughout the entire episode, gun owners should have ignored them.

so how does all those starbucks avatars, stickers, and pieces of flare feel now?

Stupid?

Guess what else feels stupid? Wearing corporate advertisement as your own "pieces of flare" so you can "express yourself" without that large corporation compensating you in any way.

That's called brainwashing. And it appears that the pro-2A crowd didn't even need clever marketing to get them there.... they ****ing did it to themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom