Starbucks caves to the Anti's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate that Starbucks has become a pawn in the fight against the Second Amendment. I feel badly for them, it is not a problem their business needed. I'll continue to drink Starbuck coffee when the mood hits me.

I'm with Brent on this one. It sucks for them that they had to make any official "decision" at all, but at the end of the day they've essentially instituted a non-policy. Just like laws that aren't enforced are meaningless, they've declared a "rule" and instructed their own employees not to enforce it. I don't condone what they've done, but I can appreciate the way they clearly intended to craft a very benign policy.

For whatever reason people ( 2a ) rallied around Starbucks and made them a focal point.... they NEVER supported that or wanted any part of it, period. They didn't cave as they never actually "supported" it anyway

All this says is they'll kick you out if you're being a douche and are visibly armed. Same (I assume) as if you were being a douche and WEREN'T armed.

Only change I see is they went from "Eh, whatever" to "Eh, please don't? Maybe?"

+1

- - - Updated - - -

what to do now with my Avitar...........

Change it to" guns and coffee, still"

They still really haven't changed anything. It is a request so that gun enthusiasts don't flood the place open carrying as a show of support like what happened a few weeks ago.

I still consider it a victory cuz Starbucks didn't state they are gun free zones, and yet the libtards will go away proclaiming this as a win.

The biggest thing is that the Anti's got them to change their position even slightly. I personally feel like a company shouldn't have a pro-2a stance necessarily, but they should not be actively anti-2a. Neutral is just fine for me, but by saying "we don't want them here, even if we don't enforce it", they're giving the anti's another stick to beat us with.

They handled it the way you would handle a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum. Nothing changed. They just told them it did.

Can you blame them ?

Personally I wouldn't want a bunch of freaks OCíng in my place of business to make a point.Carry your freaking penis wherever you want,nobody cares.But when you start whipping it out to show people how big you think it is, people will notice and will want you to stop walking around with your penis out.

Most people do not want to see an exposed penis.

But,people exposed it and now this happened.

So the moral of the story is keep your penis concealed.

Last edited:
Can you blame them ?

Personally I wouldn't want a bunch of freaks OCíng in my place of business to make a point.Carry your freaking penis wherever you want,nobody cares.But when you start whipping it out people will notice and will want you to stop walking round with your penis out.

But,people expose it and now this happened.

So the moral is keep your penis concealed.

You have absolutely just ruined any chance of dating my daughter right there.

Why does this shock people. They're a business their goal is to make money, and when political agendas start to mess with the bottom dollar they need to make a statement and cater to the bottom line. Besides, coffee tastes like toilet water.

Can you blame them ?

Personally I wouldn't want a bunch of freaks OCíng in my place of business to make a point.Carry your freaking penis wherever you want,nobody cares.But when you start whipping it out to show people how big you think it is, people will notice and will want you to stop walking around with your penis out.

This sums up OC'ing perfectly.

Some people are insecure enough to think that they need to have their dick out for the world to see.

It's gay. Just like this thread. Honestly, who gives a shit?

Can you blame them ?

I respectfully disagree. The constitution does not grant you a right to expose your penis. It does, however Protect a right to carry a fire arm and does not specify how it should or should not be carried. Splitting hairs here I know.

But to your point of "freaks" ocing in a place of buisness......my thought is that someone openly carrying is not a freak......they are an individual exercizing their individually protected right. But when they all got together it just drew attention from the antis that we did not need.

Jesus fvcking Christ.... Starbucks has issued a toothless policy to make the moonbats happy. Now leave Starbucks alone before they AND other stores tell gun owners to fvck off.

Grow up and stop poking sleeping bears that mean you no harm before you fvck all of us.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

I am a new LTC in ma and I have meet people in Starbucks, I don't even like Starbucks, feel they are over priced, I would just as soon stop by one of the 7-11 and for $1 have a coffee.

I will make it a point of not meeting people there, if I have to meet someone will look for DD. My $$ is not going to go to some one who asks me to leave my Gun at home.

All I see is a printed document with their logo taken with a cell phone camera.

Anyone can create a document in Microsoft Word and slap a Starbucks logo on it.

Come back when you have real proof, like a statement or document on their website.

This.

Well I don't like to pay so much tax, But I have more control where I spend what money I have left after tax in MA, so I will be saving $$ and still getting my point across that I will not support someone why does not want a gun in their coffee store :)
Better man up and stop paying taxes, then.

I drink more than enough coffee (2 15-16oz mugs each day). I also drink it black (the way it was intended [smile]). I don't have the machine to work with the k cups, and am not about to purchase such hardware. I like grinding the beans before brewing each pot. Love the smell in the morning you get this way. I gladly take the 3-5 minutes to start the coffee each morning.

IME, knowing how to make a great cup of coffee is key. If you use too little, or too much beans, you don't get the best result. I've worked out the recipe for the process I have/use to get optimal results each time. Cold grinding the beans, brewing at a lower temperature (than most makers/pots do it at), having the hot plate (under the freshly brewed coffee) at the lowest setting, and then have it turn off after 2 hours have passed (if I don't turn it off before then) all helps to keep the coffee great. Granted, when going to work, or someplace else in the morning, the maker doesn't stay on very long. Fill travel mug, then thermos (for later) and go.

I'll consider getting some beans from NEC when I can justify spending $9/pound again. Of course, that also depends on how much they're going to hit me up for shipping. Going THAT close to Boston isn't on my list of things I enjoy doing.
I bet NH free air doesn't hurt the recipe none.

I might get shot for saying so, but I don't blame Starbucks at all. This is what happens when we do an open carry "Starbucks Appreciation Day" in a store that is frequented by a ton of sheeple. Open carry demonstrations are one thing for political reasons, but you do this to "appreciate" a store's policy and it's going to scare the sheep, who surely make up the majority of Starbucks customers. I say this is what we get for going a step too far with open carry demonstrations. We should have been happy about their gun-friendly policy and stuck to business as usual, and then it never would have made it into the public eye and caused this. Not happy they did this but the release by the CEO doesn't even look like they're going to kick gun carriers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom