Starbucks caves to the Anti's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled to find a cheaper replacement for Starbucks coffee and found Folgers Black Silk. I've been drinking it for years, ever since Starbucks backed the concept of, "carbon credits." Black Silk is smoother, less bitter than Starbucks and I haven't gotten tired of it.
I've been buying coffee from BJ's lately. The whole bean, Columbian Supremo (not decaf, that's for pussy's [laugh]) is pretty good stuff. Also, don't put your beans into the fridge or freezer. The freezer is actually a very bad place for it (messes with the oils in the coffee). I do grind mine, fresh, every morning right before brewing a pot. I keep the beans in Ball jars (so sealed) to maintain freshness. The beans from BJ's are $12 for 2.5 pound bags. I have yet to see ANY coffee (worth drinking) in other stores even close to that price. Oh, and I've already saved more than the membership cost in coffee bean savings after about 6 months.

I don't know BJ's stand on the 2A, but you can't not shop everyplace that isn't pro-2A. I use the money I save and put it towards ammo and other gun related items.

Instead of returing it, Maybe I should take it to the range!
Bring it to the pumpkin shoot on November 2nd.

The biggest thing is that the Anti's got them to change their position even slightly. I personally feel like a company shouldn't have a pro-2a stance necessarily, but they should not be actively anti-2a. Neutral is just fine for me, but by saying "we don't want them here, even if we don't enforce it", they're giving the anti's another stick to beat us with.

Maybe we gave Starbucks the stick, that they then gave to the Anti's to beat us with, because they didn't want to hang on to it?

I've been buying coffee from BJ's lately. The whole bean, Columbian Supremo (not decaf, that's for pussy's [laugh]) is pretty good stuff. Also, don't put your beans into the fridge or freezer. The freezer is actually a very bad place for it (messes with the oils in the coffee). I do grind mine, fresh, every morning right before brewing a pot. I keep the beans in Ball jars (so sealed) to maintain freshness. The beans from BJ's are $12 for 2.5 pound bags. I have yet to see ANY coffee (worth drinking) in other stores even close to that price. Oh, and I've already saved more than the membership cost in coffee bean savings after about 6 months.

I don't know BJ's stand on the 2A, but you can't not shop everyplace that isn't pro-2A. I use the money I save and put it towards ammo and other gun related items.

Bring it to the pumpkin shoot on November 2nd.

I buy New England Coffee. They supply the coffee for Dunkin Donuts ( I know this from when I worked there). I actually find the taste of NEC's branded coffee to be better tasting than dunkin. Cheaper too boot. My favorite blend is their Breakfast Blend.

I buy New England Coffee. They supply the coffee for Dunkin Donuts ( I know this from when I worked there). I actually find the taste of NEC's branded coffee to be better tasting than dunkin. Cheaper too boot. My favorite blend is their Breakfast Blend.

At $9 per pound, no thanks (for the same thing I'm getting from BJ's)... I'll have to double check the actual brand I'm getting. I already tossed the bags, since I filled the jars.

BTW, I've never had even halfway decent coffee from DD or something I could stomach from Starbucks.

If you want to really support a local coffee company, there's Green Mountain and Deans Beans. I was getting from Deans Beans until fairly recently (needed to save on the beans). At least with DB, they would roast the beans to order. So, the day the order shipped, your beans were roasted. Doesn't get much better than that. I do plan on ordering from them again, once I get back to work that is.

At $9 per pound, no thanks (for the same thing I'm getting from BJ's)... I'll have to double check the actual brand I'm getting. I already tossed the bags, since I filled the jars.

BTW, I've never had even halfway decent coffee from DD or something I could stomach from Starbucks.

If you want to really support a local coffee company, there's Green Mountain and Deans Beans. I was getting from Deans Beans until fairly recently (needed to save on the beans). At least with DB, they would roast the beans to order. So, the day the order shipped, your beans were roasted. Doesn't get much better than that. I do plan on ordering from them again, once I get back to work that is.

I don't buy Dunkin coffee. New England coffee is local: Malden, MA (family owned as well) and cheaper than dunkin. I don't drink that much coffee. I like that NEC has K cups now. Makes it easier to get a cup in the morning. I can't stand Green Mountain. I hate the taste.

I don't buy Dunkin coffee. New England coffee is local: Malden, MA (family owned as well) and cheaper than dunkin. I don't drink that much coffee. I like that NEC has K cups now. Makes it easier to get a cup in the morning. I can't stand Green Mountain. I hate the taste.

I drink more than enough coffee (2 15-16oz mugs each day). I also drink it black (the way it was intended [smile]). I don't have the machine to work with the k cups, and am not about to purchase such hardware. I like grinding the beans before brewing each pot. Love the smell in the morning you get this way. I gladly take the 3-5 minutes to start the coffee each morning.

IME, knowing how to make a great cup of coffee is key. If you use too little, or too much beans, you don't get the best result. I've worked out the recipe for the process I have/use to get optimal results each time. Cold grinding the beans, brewing at a lower temperature (than most makers/pots do it at), having the hot plate (under the freshly brewed coffee) at the lowest setting, and then have it turn off after 2 hours have passed (if I don't turn it off before then) all helps to keep the coffee great. Granted, when going to work, or someplace else in the morning, the maker doesn't stay on very long. Fill travel mug, then thermos (for later) and go.

I'll consider getting some beans from NEC when I can justify spending $9/pound again. Of course, that also depends on how much they're going to hit me up for shipping. Going THAT close to Boston isn't on my list of things I enjoy doing.

Starbucks warned people to leave them out of this.
If people keep doing this sh!t more and more stores will say fvck gun owners and ban guns.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Imagine Starbuck's boardroom meetings, "what does this pig rodeo have to do with selling coffee?!"
Is there a weaponized STUPID VIRUS epedemic?
Rick
Sent from my Dell in a tiny corner of a house in Oregon

Not banned, just not wanted

Starbucks says guns are no longer welcome in its cafes, though it is stopping short of an outright ban on firearms.

In an interview, CEO Howard Schultz said the decision to ask customers to stop bringing guns into stores came as a result of the growing frequency of "Starbucks Appreciation Days," in which gun rights advocates turned up at Starbucks cafes with firearms.
Schultz said the events mischaracterized the company's stance on the issue and the demonstrations "have made our customers uncomfortable."

Starbucks says guns unwelcome, though not banned - SFGate

They were never really for or against us. They only said they would go along with whatever the local laws said. By having these Starbucks appreciation days, they were forced to make a decision. It says in their letter, they are not pro or anti gun. I don't think they wanted to be involved in the first place. If I want a coffee and they are close, I will get one there. I will carry concealed like I always do. I will no longer go out of my way to support them, but I will not boycott them either, unless they take a harder stance against us.

There are plenty of other companies that are actually actively against us that never get any press for it.

I like how it says weapons are not welcome but then goes on the make it very clear that the "no weapons" request will not be enforced in any way. Typical political bullshit.

I wonder if this political move will work, and all the moonbats will leave them alone. I know its a long shot, but they might pick up on the fact that they aren't enforcing any of the new policies.

Meh, I'll still drink their coffee. They are not banning firearms and putting a no guns sticker on the front door, they just ask you do not open carry as not to scare the sheeple. Even if you do open carry they will still serve you.

You gonna stop paying your MA state taxes because they won't let you open carry for the same reason?

I wonder if this political move will work, and all the moonbats will leave them alone. I know its a long shot, but they might pick up on the fact that they aren't enforcing any of the new policies.

Sure it will... just like more gun laws. Moonbats feel great more are on the books, Starbucks gets brownie points, but nothing really gets enforced. Carry on.

Just have to wait for a parallel story like the recent bank one where the moonbat FR freaks out and is arrested. All because he saw a guy legally open carrying and not doing anything but normal bank business.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm disappointed that they aren't pro2a, but they never were.

It's worth noting that they are NOT putting up "no firearms" signs, which would be binding in many States. If they finally cave to that, then they've taken an anti stance.

I still can't wrap my brain around spending so much money for water some ground pits soaked in, so neither *$s nor DD will be getting my business. If I want coffee, I'll make it at home.

Why does everyone give Starbucks a bad rap about being expensive? If you just get a brewed coffee or iced coffee, the prices are comparable to Dunks. If you get an espresso based coffee at Dunks, it's not cheap.

Because I want a friggin cup of coffee and a muffin, not a venti latte Chilean special super roast with braised blueberry scones...

And I recall a thread on this site griping about their WiFi filtering.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

All I see is a printed document with their logo taken with a cell phone camera.

Anyone can create a document in Microsoft Word and slap a Starbucks logo on it.

Come back when you have real proof, like a statement or document on their website.
You sweat common sense solo.......If this were publicly put out by Starbucks CNN and MSNBC would have it plastered all over their news networks. I'll believe it when I see the news release.

Meh, I'll still drink their coffee. They are not banning firearms and putting a no guns sticker on the front door, they just ask you do not open carry as not to scare the sheeple. Even if you do open carry they will still serve you.

You gonna stop paying your MA state taxes because they won't let you open carry for the same reason?

Well, the state doesn't forbid me to open carry and I wouldn't think about not paying my taxes because they'll show up with guns to take the money from me and put me in jail. Lose/lose right there.

Because I want a friggin cup of coffee and a muffin, not a venti latte Chilean special super roast with braised blueberry scones...

And I recall a thread on this site griping about their WiFi filtering.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

It's amazing what changing "http://" to "https://" can do for you. Bypasses more firewalls and filters than I can count.

From the document below, it appears starbucks, once the bastion for common sense business practices concerning firearms, has changed it's policy and "no longer welcomes weapons" in their locations.

View attachment 79364

Of course, they're not going to ask you to leave until some moonbat complains.

it looks more like a toothless policy to appease the moonbats while remaining neutral. They will not enforce anything unless a person becomes disruptive, gun or no gun.

Howard Schultz:

Our values have always centered on building community rather than dividing people, and our stores exist to give every customer a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life.

Why do people want everywhere to be safe? I was taught as a kid that, nowhere is safe. Etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom