Starbucks caves to the Anti's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a thief, but if I were a thief I know of an entire chain of coffee shops that are unarmed and ripe for the taking

I'm not a thief, but if I were a thief I know of an entire chain of coffee shops that are unarmed and ripe for the taking

I'm no business man, but if I was, I'd like to cater to all of my customers so I can maximize profit.

How do you make everyone happy? You don't take a stance on a polarizing issue- you step back and say "we don't care about _____, but we do care about selling you great coffee!"

This whole thread ****ing blows.

I think Starbucks dropped the ball completely. In my opinion the real problem is boycotts, and few businesses are addressing that. What if Starbucks had said something like:

It is our opinion that the gang mentality of boycotting is destructive to us as a society. Our position has been that whatever laws apply to a store location applies within our store. We prefer that the argument over the second amendment be taken to the government where these laws are made or repealed. We do not appreciate any party seeking to influence lawmakers through financial harm to private enterprise.

Or something like that.

I think Starbucks dropped the ball completely. In my opinion the real problem is boycotts, and few businesses are addressing that. What if Starbucks had said something like:

It is our opinion that the gang mentality of boycotting is destructive to us as a society. Our position has been that whatever laws apply to a store location applies within our store. We prefer that the argument over the second amendment be taken to the government where these laws are made or repealed. We do not appreciate any party seeking to influence lawmakers through financial harm to private enterprise.

Or something like that.

I believe that was their original stance on this. Then both sides did stupid shit and you see what was the result.

Personally, I really don't care since the chance of me actually going into a SB is rather remote (around nil).

They're the chimp and we're the frog... [shocked]

Thats twice in two days. Did you happen to visit the old meme wing at the Smithsonian last weekend? I'm just teasing, its funny as hell, but that right there is as old as the internets themselves.

-------

As to the sbux argument, the whole idea of "If you're not with me you're my enemy." is just plain gay. How many people here hate on Switzerland because they won't get our backs in all that spreading of democracy American adventurism we do the whole world over? Show of hands? Right. None.

There's nothing wrong with staying neutral in an argument in which picking a side is detrimental to your business plan. Sbux employs thousands of people, they all cant be represented by a blanket political opinion. Especially in a political arena where it has no effect on them.

I honestly think some of you are stomping your feet because you won't get to scare all those hated "hippies, liberals, and moonbats" with your open carrying.

Guns arent scary, and acting in a manner that perpetuates the irrational fear of guns is counterproductive to what we want.

I think we should boycott NES for all the gay threads people keep making.

At least the DC shooter one has corralled all the mindless slobbering fools who eat up shooting events more than the anti's do.

At least the DC shooter one has corralled all the mindless slobbering fools who eat up shooting events more than the anti's do.

This. Butthurt central. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh. My vag hurts.

This. Butthurt central. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh. My vag hurts.

Dude, are these people on your boycott list as well?? I know you're boycotting Ruger, Troy, Starbuck's... [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. It's ****ing pathetic.

Don't see the issue here. Schultz's execution was pretty flawless. He issued a statment that changes absolutely nothing, and ALL the libtards on social media like those hens @momsdemand are proclaiming a "huge victory." Now you can keep carrying and the moonbats will stop pushing Starbucks. The end.

Dunks?

EDIT: BTW, in case anyone is wondering if you really can still OC in Starbucks, yes you can. Just grabbed a pumpkin spice latte from the one up the road and I wasn't even the only person in there openly carrying.

Last edited:
I've been buying coffee from BJ's lately. The whole bean, Columbian Supremo (not decaf, that's for pussy's [laugh]) is pretty good stuff. Also, don't put your beans into the fridge or freezer. The freezer is actually a very bad place for it (messes with the oils in the coffee). I do grind mine, fresh, every morning right before brewing a pot. I keep the beans in Ball jars (so sealed) to maintain freshness. The beans from BJ's are $12 for 2.5 pound bags. I have yet to see ANY coffee (worth drinking) in other stores even close to that price. Oh, and I've already saved more than the membership cost in coffee bean savings after about 6 months.

I don't know BJ's stand on the 2A, but you can't not shop everyplace that isn't pro-2A. I use the money I save and put it towards ammo and other gun related items.

Bring it to the pumpkin shoot on November 2nd.

I carried in the Hooksett,NH BJs with no issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh, so it wasn't truly open carry...

Actually, the fact that Starbucks still at least tolerates firearms actually saved everyone in the shop from a really terrible experience. Had I not decided to carry, I was going to just go in the silkies I've been wearing around the house all morning. Mmmmm, silkies.

Wow, another thread where most of the responses are from people who apparently didn't read the letter.

Officially, I don't care, I don't go to them unless there is no other choice - I will go to a gas station first. Vente my ass.

Their policy did not remain the same. It went from "we do not have an opinion, follow local laws" to "despite the fact that it may be legal to open carry, we don't want you to do it in our stores".

Read this, not whats in the OP:
http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

boom, headshot.

Last edited:
Starbucks probably would have continued to ignore the small minority from the left screaming about boycotts. You can thanks the open carry AR retards that flooded YouTube with video footage. Starbucks wants money, not drama.

So when does the rash of Starbucks robberies and random attacks begin?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk 2

Starbucks probably would have continued to ignore the small minority from the left screaming about boycotts. You can thanks the open carry AR retards that flooded YouTube with video footage. Starbucks wants money, not drama.

this, if anyone pushed them to make a choice it was the pro guys drawing attention where starbucks admittedly wanted nothing more than to follow state laws, not the anti nut jobs

go spend your money elsewhere but I assure you they calculated the risks and pissing off a small group of 2a supporters with a nicely worded request was deemed worth it to get themselves out of the spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom