• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Standard capacity magazines...

What parts of a pre ban "high capacity" [rolleyes] magazine can be swopped out with new production parts? I'm guessing the follower/floor plate; but what about the spring and body?

Interesting question.

At some point, if you replace enough parts, you have a new old pre-ban magazine. (A happy result, eh?)

Unless you have some secret, cheap, source, finding pre-ban standard capacity mag bodies may be almost as expensive as buying a whole pre-ban mag from some place like www.glocktalk.com or www.gunbroker.com

I was always led to believe that under Federal Law (when the ban was in effect) you could replace all parts.

Has Massachusetts ever spoken on the subject?

I found some 30 rd AR mags up at Kittery. They are Bushmasters, but I dont know how to date them. Neither did the salesman.

For legal purposes, what is assumed with a mag that can't be dated?

Thanks.

Note: I DID NOT PURCHASE THESE MAGS! :)

I found some 30 rd AR mags up at Kittery. They are Bushmasters, but I dont know how to date them. Neither did the salesman.

For legal purposes, what is assumed with a mag that can't be dated?

Thanks.

Note: I DID NOT PURCHASE THESE MAGS! :)

Every post ban bushmaster mag I've ever seen has been dated on the body. Best bet is to stick to C-Products mag bodies as replacements. No C-Products bodies are dated...

Under the old Federal ban, it was the governments problem to prove that the mag was illegal. Who knows what would happen if this ever became a problem in MA, but as far as I know, no one has ever been prosecuted/indicted, let alone convicted of an assault weapon ban violation in MA.

--EasyD

The potential problem you could have with C-Products in MA is they weren't around until recently. There are no preban C-Product mags in existence.

Back
Top Bottom