Increasing capacity on preban mag

If I am the legal owner of a preban 15 round glock magazine, is there any restrictions on increasing its capacity with addons?

For instance which of the following (if any) are acceptable?

C-MAG SYSTEM GLOCK 9MM CLEAR (i dont know if this is actually a extension or not, but imagine it is for the sake of argument)

Bonus question:
Assuming extensions are legal, why would a 33round preban command any premium at all, ever? Wouldnt a 15 rounder with a extension be just as valid?

Secondary Bonus question:
If someone owned a preban magazine that was 10 rounds or less (for instance, a 1911 magazine) - Could they modify this to be increased capacity?

Secondary Bonus question:
If someone owned a preban magazine that was 10 rounds or less (for instance, a 1911 magazine) - Could they modify this to be increased capacity?

To me this is similar to the question of building a pre-ban rifle from a pre-ban receiver that was never assembled. If it wasn't a rifle before the ban (9/13/1994), then it cannot be assembed into a pre-ban rifle per ATF (needs to be on the books of an FFL prior to the ban as a rifle to be a pre-ban rifle just FYI). I would think the same is true of a pre-ban 10 round mag - it wasn't a high capacity mag before the ban so it can't be one now.

To me this is similar to the question of building a pre-ban rifle from a pre-ban receiver that was never assembled. If it wasn't a rifle before the ban (9/13/1994), then it cannot be assembed into a pre-ban rifle per ATF (needs to be on the books of an FFL prior to the ban as a rifle to be a pre-ban rifle just FYI). I would think the same is true of a pre-ban 10 round mag - it wasn't a high capacity mag before the ban so it can't be one now.
He is talking about STARTING with a preban already though of 15. And going to 15+2, or 15+5, 15+25 etc.

They don’t ship to MA could be a reason.

Probably not something you should do if you
Are worried about legality.
3F481F8F-6F4E-4256-8B8E-402305A0E2C6.jpeg

This has been discussed at length. It’s been beaten to death.

Is it legal? Yes, can you still be charged and have to defend yourself? Yes.

Facts... in MA if you ever do have to defend yourself, even in your house as a clean self defense shooting, you're still probably gonna get your LTC pulled, guns/ammo/mags/etc confiscated and 'inspected' so proceed with that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom