• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

concealed carry magazines

Here is an interesting question

suppose one has a auto-loading pistol with a 10 round magazine.
the magazine can only hold 10 rounds so it is compliant with MA law.

but if one puts a round in the chamber and then loads said magazine to make a 10+1 capacity
has he broken the law?

I have pondered this for some time and have not been able to find an answer

5o9xhc.jpg

@one-eyed Jack

but if one puts a round in the chamber and then loads said magazine to make a 10+1 capacity
has he broken the law?

The chamber isn't a magazine though.

If a double barrel shotgun can fire more than 1 round with one pull of the trigger, why isnt it a machine gun?

eta- or can it? Ive never played around with one so I guess Im making an assumption

If a double barrel shotgun can fire more than 1 round with one pull of the trigger, why isnt it a machine gun?

eta- or can it? Ive never played around with one so I guess Im making an assumption

A double barrel shotgun can't fire both rounds with one trigger pull unless there's something wrong with the gun or someone pulls both triggers at the same time (user error). There's two firing pins and the hammer strikes one pin, then the other.

A double barrel shotgun either has two triggers, one for each barrel, or has a single trigger that the shooter pulls once to fire one barrel, releases, then pulls again to fire the second barrel. Its either two triggers, two trigger pulls, or one trigger, two trigger pulls. Not one trigger, one pull, both barrels fire.

1632626141672.png

No offense but do you think all of the gun shops in MA would be selling guns with 10 round mags (thus allowing 10+1) if that were illegal??

They would, but I think in the OP's concept those gun shops would have to include some sort of pamphlet about the dangers of chambering a round, and then they'd probably sell you a mandatory chamber flag for $9.99.

has he broken the law?

You literally typed MAGAZINE two times......knowing full well obviously the mass law restricts the MAGAZINE to 10 rounds. Then asked about one in the chamber. Dude.......just stop.....you knew the answer right? If you didn't really know the answer you actually typed the answer in your own post......🥴

has he broken the law?

No

Back
Top Bottom