• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato XC or Atlas Titan

LuvDog

NES Member
Ok… since I hate money I’ve got my eyes on these two.

Any thoughts on which one to go with and why?

Ok… since I hate money I’ve got my eyes on these two.
Any thoughts on which one to go with and why?
were you reading this?

i did read it too, but so far do fight off all the bad temptations. :)

plus the way i shoot - i do not see a modded shadow 2 as a hardware limitation of any sorts, yet. got way much more work to put in for that gun to become a limiting factor.

PS. if you will go through and decide to get rid of your CZs - let me know pls. :) i just sold my spare blue shadow 2 to a friend, and look for an upgrade but cannot decide - if it should be just an orange shadow, or go to a something that will require a new set of magazines. or nothing at all as i only shoot that one gun, and mostly not even that gun but an old g34, now - a pendulum did a full swing and returned back to what it always was.

Last edited:
I did read that. But and as always lots of differing opinions. I think I’m leaning towards Atlas, but the models I’m looking at are fairly different.

I did read that. But and as always lots of differing opinions. I think I’m leaning towards Atlas, but the models I’m looking at are fairly different.
atlas or athena look better, but, what about them saying only 12 months for a warranty?

atlas or athena look better, but, what about them saying only 12 months for a warranty?

yea. That part is a bit of a concern. I’ve heard ‘stories’ of people sending things back and having them taken care of, but I think that was before Atlas got really popular. so not sure about how things are now.

yea. That part is a bit of a concern. I’ve heard ‘stories’ of people sending things back and having them taken care of, but I think that was before Atlas got really popular. so not sure about how things are now.

When you pay a premium for something, one would expect top performance and reliability without having to send it back to the factory.

I own a Ducati, ask me how I know. :D

With what that bike costs all I should have to do is change the oil and it should last for a million miles.

That Atlas gun looks badass though.

When you pay a premium for something, one would expect top performance and reliability without having to send it back to the factory.

I own a Ducati, ask me how I know. :D

With what that bike costs all I should have to do is change the oil and it should last for a million miles.

That Atlas gun looks badass though.

you’re talking to someone who has a ‘95 916. So I feel your pain.

If I had the money I would go Atlas hands down. They’re relatively local and I always like to fondle their guns at Area 7 USPSA championship matches. Really nice guns.

yeah...

it is like trading one top tier sport car to an another - premium goes up twice for a 1% of an actual improvement.
I love my CZ’s but they’re not comparable to an Atlas gun. One is a production gun and one is hand fitted custom competition gun.

My guess is that they only have a 12 month warranty because they make these guns for high volume competitive shooters - many who will shoot 50k plus rounds per year. They probably don’t want to be responsible for replacing small consumable parts every year. I highly doubt anyone has the gun actually break and if it does I’m sure it’s had hundreds and hundreds of thousands of rounds.

And even with minor replacement part work I’m sure they will fix it at a reasonable cost. I don’t hear many complaints from the guys I shoot with who run Atlas open and limited guns.

For the average shooter/range plinker it shouldn’t be an issue ever lol.

a cz orange is a hand fitted prod gun. :)
i do understand what you are saying, but, it is a lot of $ to consider. plus i only compete with myself, lately, and in a foreseeable future.
a very nice gun, i do not object.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-3RjWbVmHw&t=327s

Yeah not cheap at all. I’d love one of their open guns like the Chaos but it’s just too rich for me. I’d have to sell a lot of my guns to pay for it 😂 And I don’t want to start from scratch and get all new powder and bullets to reload 9mm major.

So I’ll be a poor production shooter for the time being 😂

Yeah not cheap at all. I’d love one of their open guns like the Chaos but it’s just too rich for me. I’d have to sell a lot of my guns to pay for it 😂 And I don’t want to start from scratch and get all new powder and bullets to reload 9mm major.

So I’ll be a poor production shooter for the time being 😂
the part about $100 per magazine is what really stops me. a whole ton more money overall.
and, again, if one gets to the point where a shadow 2 in itself is the limiting factor - well, it is a good place to be, i guess.

the part about $100 per magazine is what really stops me. a whole ton more money overall.
and, again, if one gets to the point where a shadow 2 in itself is the limiting factor - well, it is a good place to be, i guess.
Yeah it’s crazy.
With the amount of reloads I have to do with my CZ during a USPSA match and minor scoring, I could definitely benefit shooting an Atlas gun with more capacity and major power factor 😂
But then again I don’t know how much better I’d do with that than I would with something cheaper like a CZ TS in 40?….

I do really like the 2011 grip/frames though. They’re really wide which fits my large hands really well. So maybe I’d shoot that better than a TS? Dunno.

Someday…

if you did not do it yet to your CZ - do it now. it will change how you feel it.
Yup. I have the LOK palm swell checkered grips and I had Jayson add extra thickness to each grip panel. I want to say 0.05" or 0.1". Been awhile can’t remember.

were you reading this?

i did read it too, but so far do fight off all the bad temptations. :)

plus the way i shoot - i do not see a modded shadow 2 as a hardware limitation of any sorts, yet. got way much more work to put in for that gun to become a limiting factor.

PS. if you will go through and decide to get rid of your CZs - let me know pls. :) i just sold my spare blue shadow 2 to a friend, and look for an upgrade but cannot decide - if it should be just an orange shadow, or go to a something that will require a new set of magazines. or nothing at all as i only shoot that one gun, and mostly not even that gun but an old g34, now - a pendulum did a full swing and returned back to what it always was.

well if you want to sell your S2 let me know. HaHaHa. I have a friend looking for one.

Ive thought about the S2O but I just don’t know. I actually just handled one and it’s nice. I didn’t get to shoot it, but the trigger on my “worked” S2s felt nicer to me dry firing. Im sure the bushing on the orange makes a difference though. And I suppose you could cajunize the S2O to make it even better.

I really think if I was going to “upgrade” I’d actually probably try to find a CZCustom Bull Shadow 2

I was thinking A01LD too at one time, but started to see mixed reviews. And I didn’t like the old style trigger guard.

I wish Dan Wesson would have actually released the DWX. That would have been a game changer.

well if you want to sell your S2 let me know. HaHaHa. I have a friend looking for one.

Ive thought about the S2O but I just don’t know. I actually just handled one and it’s nice. I didn’t get to shoot it, but the trigger on my “worked” S2s felt nicer to me dry firing. Im sure the bushing on the orange makes a difference though. And I suppose you could cajunize the S2O to make it even better.

I really think if I was going to “upgrade” I’d actually probably try to find a CZCustom Bull Shadow 2
i kept s2o with an SRO on it that i shoot all the time - it is cajunized, with a #2.5 pull now, or #2 if measured at the edge of the trigger. other one was a stock blue 2 spare.
i understand the orange and probably the accushadow must have less play between the frame and slide, as they get custom mated by hand - but not sure.
bull shadow also may be a good idea. dunno. i have now 15 magazines for it, so, it just makes sense to get something that is a step up.

Last edited:
Oh. Ok. You already have a cajunized S2O. Wow… I’m sure that’s a great setup.

Then you definitely need another S2O. Keep the same mags and holster.

That’s another reason I havent tried hard to find a Bull shadow.

And the A01LD takes the ”P” mags and I don’t have any of them. You can buy different grips with built in shims so that you can use your 75 style mags but it would still need a new holster.

BTW. Primary arms is having an Easter sale on SRO’s

great price on the 2.5 MOA

Back
Top Bottom