• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

St. Louis Prosecutor's Office Busted Altering Evidence; Reassembled Non-Operable McCloskey Pistol To Classify As Lethal

You know what shouldn't exist? Licenses.

The government, or any other self described mob of power, saying someone is qualified to do something has nothing to do with reality. Pieces of paper don't make you a good lawyer.

I've met a few lawyers who I wouldn't trust in any circumstances or who were morons.
Think of licenses as achieving the minimum required standards. The standards are created by members of the profession. Beyond that, it is a free market. A piece of paper may not make you a good lawyer, but at least it can show that you are minimally qualified, protecting consumers who may not know better.

The government, or any other self described mob of power, saying someone is qualified to do something has nothing to do with reality. Pieces of paper don't make you a good lawyer.

I've met a few lawyers who I wouldn't trust in any circumstances or who were morons.
As a constable, I met a lot of lawyers who I wouldn't trust in any circumstances. Many years ago my Parents used a local attorney (well known, former selectman) to write their wills and trust. He screwed up the trust, causing me to sit on their house for many years before selling it at a huge loss.

The few smart lawyers I've met knew enough to admit that they didn't know something and referred me to someone with the proper expertise.

I started reading the disciplinary complaint against Mr. McCloskey. It is not all too well supported by precedent for the actual crime he plead guilty to, but it is not an easy win for him either.

As a constable, I met a lot of lawyers who I wouldn't trust in any circumstances. Many years ago my Parents used a local attorney (well known, former selectman) to write their wills and trust. He screwed up the trust, causing me to sit on their house for many years before selling it at a huge loss.

The few smart lawyers I've met knew enough to admit that they didn't know something and referred me to someone with the proper expertise.
This absolutely. As I was saying about minimum requirements: yeah, I am minimally qualified in contract law, constitutional law, torts, etc., but I only practice in two narrow areas. As far as corny sayings goes: a jack of all trades is a master of none.

Think of licenses as achieving the minimum required standards. The standards are created by members of the profession. Beyond that, it is a free market. A piece of paper may not make you a good lawyer, but at least it can show that you are minimally qualified, protecting consumers who may not know better.
And it serves as a barrier of entry. I have met some people that I wouldn't even work with if they worked for free.

The stupidest person I met was this woman that I would have never guessed she was in law school. She was so f*cking stupid, probably the stupidest person I ever met. She was studying law and wanted to be a divorce attorney. I asked her why and she responded with "it is the easiest".

If she was offering to work with me, I would pay her to stay away from me.

Last edited:

There are basically two domains of licensing.

One is to certify competence.
The other is merely to extract rent from a market.

When a profession succeeds in capturing the government via lobbying and bribes,
the second kind is used to raise the barriers to entry -
to decrease competition and keep income high.

The stupidest law student I met was this woman that I would have never guessed she was in always school. She was so f*cking stupid, probably the stupidest person I ever met. She was studying law and wanted to be a divorce attorney. I asked her why and she responded with "it is the easiest".
Once a friend of a friend was interviewing a coed
for a software engineering job.

She asked, "What kind of programming do you like?"

The coed responded , "Loops".
2506707_460s.jpg

2506707_460s.jpg
I mean, it's kind of a dumb way to structure the question; I'd probably give a flip answer too. At the very least, I'd be hard-pressed to not laugh at the given reply and feel compelled to reframe the question.

Similarly, if I asked someone "what kind of modeling do you like?" I'd have to consider "revolves" an appropriately roundabout answer.

There are basically two domains of licensing.

One is to certify competence.
The other is merely to extract rent from a market.

When a profession succeeds in capturing the government via lobbying and bribes,
the second kind is used to raise the barriers to entry -
to decrease competition and keep income high.

2506707_460s.jpg
The only way that would be remotely acceptable is if was followed by: "STRANGE loops - pardon my Lisp!" [smile]

I mean, it's kind of a dumb way to structure the question; I'd probably give a flip answer too.
No one I know thinks the candidate was engaged in being smart...

At the very least, I'd be hard-pressed to not laugh at the given reply and feel compelled to reframe the question.
Hey, I'd say "case statements", but that's not OOPrudent.

Similarly, if I asked someone "what kind of modeling do you like?" I'd have to consider "revolves" an appropriately roundabout answer.
wendys-swimwear-commercial.jpg

The only way that would be remotely acceptable is if was followed by: "STRANGE loops - pardon my Lisp!" [smile]
(Above my "they don't really pay you for that anyhow" grade).

I also suspect that it was a non-functional/ demilitarized firearms items whoms scary factor is criminal enough to charge the owner. NewEnglands liberal culture is attempting to demilitarize itself, except the miltary, police, and its upper echelons population itself or its enforcers.
Does not that Marshfield based rock band have multiple firearm licenses amongst them, including full-auto.

The police should recognize this. Many do not. Theres money & influence involved. Most police are between a rock & a hard place. Colorado (cop-unions) act upon the constitution in CO. Certain CO. & its specific county cops refuse to confiscate weapons in numerous circumstances. Look it up.
I personally know 2 full time NewEngland cops, 10/15/20+yr vetted cops that have had to surrender their firearms to their work places unsubstanciated 209a's papers from cheating spouses for fabricated accusations.

O' the spouse was 'emotionally distraught & afraid' i've heard as excuses, in reporting it to news operations.
Yet, after a divorce follows the cops record is tainted, because of emotional instability?
One never follows up on lies against the other, ...but its still a stain.
I say pure Nonsense!

Good luck & best wishes....

Attachments

• 6D631B12-D591-4EFC-9BA9-A5937A6B44EA.gif
    6D631B12-D591-4EFC-9BA9-A5937A6B44EA.gif
    334.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Emacs customizations are bigger than some peoples' editors.
And that's not bloated up with a lot of copy/paste of someone else's functions.
I'm a heathen that runs pico. I get all the modes in emacs and vi, but my brain can't handle it. If i had to "live" in unix command line id probably force myself to use one or the other. I am blessed that my boss is into that programming/ data distillation crap.

I'll admit, I've only played a little with any of the above. I told myself I wanted to be a vi(m) guy, but I've become increasingly agnostic to all these things. There was a conversation recently about Win/Mac/'nix and I had to admit I have some of each - just let me get my work done. Sometimes, I just wanna toss bombs

I miss Emacs. [grin]

Presently my brains are firmly in the Evil Empire, cuz that's where my customers are.
The file's over 31 years old now, I see.
Although it carries forward customizations from two implementations prior to GNU's
which date back over 40 years.

I'm a heathen that runs pico. I get all the modes in emacs and vi, but my brain can't handle it. If i had to "live" in unix command line id probably force myself to use one or the other. I am blessed that my boss is into that programming/ data distillation crap.
I was wishing I could find nano on my smartphone a few days ago
to search the text of a .XML file. It was easier to drag it onto my desktop's desktop...

I'll admit, I've only played a little with any of the above.
It's all downhill after the first page.

Back
Top Bottom