So I Just Got My LTC-A

Congratulations! My first gun was a Ruger GP100 as well. Love it.
View attachment 94230

Very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome :) You'll find its more of an addiction than a hobby lol

Thanks. I have a feeling you are right!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you're off to a hell of a good start. Get thee to a gunnery

Thanks. Good advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Stop by the ATM

[rofl]

fantastic....congrats!

I feel sorry for your wallet. It's going to get savagely raped.

When I got my LTC A I was all like oh I'll by one handgun for carry and a shotgun and then maybe one rifle. I was wrong, guns tend to multiply like rabbits.

Thanks. I was pretty much thinking the same thing, but after talking with friends and following the forums here I have a feeling I will be spending $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

No! Go inside the bank cuz atm max withdrawal is only $500 and you gonna need more than that once you step in a gun shop...

[rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

You are forewarned. Guns multiply like rabbits. Before next year you will be broke and selling your body for guns.

[laugh2]

I hope not, because I don't think I would get much for this body.

- - - Updated - - -

congrats..your coming out of the gate hot!! [smile]

Thanks. This site has been very helpful on how I should proceed in this venture.

- - - Updated - - -

To the OP congrats on your LTC and happy shooting!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!! but you are so misguided, you will very soon find there is not just "A firearm"​ There will always be ONE more!! Enjoy, be safe, and take some courses at GOAL that you just joined. Good luck.

Thanks. That what a I keep hearing.[grin]

- - - Updated - - -

What a horrible day to get your permit. Hopefully, your local gun shop will still open.
Also, congratulations!

On a side note, you will be broke, you will get the spouse upset, and will will find every excuse on why you need to have the firearm at the shop.

Thanks. I think it may have to wait until this weekend.

Good choice. My second gun purchase was a GP100 6" stainless then got a trigger job by Greg Derr and threw on a fiber optic front sight. Great shooting gun. If you're on a budget, get the GP100. When I bought mine at Four Seasons in 2011, I think I paid around $530 or so and the 686 was just over $700 IIRC. Use the savings to buy some ammo or get a trigger job and replace the front sight. Anyway, congrats on getting your LTC.

Thanks. I hope to head to Four Seasons on Saturday. It would be great if they have what I want in stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy the biggest safe you can afford for those purchases.

That's what I keep hearing.

Nice avatar. Congrats on the LTC

Yes, it does bring a smile to my face. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the club!
My first was a 686 4" Feels real good in the hand, not so much on the hip!! [grin]

Thanks.

Yeah, I figured that. I plan to use it at the range and for home defense. I'll decide on an EDC down the road.

As others have said, get ready to kiss your savings account goodbye. Oh, but it's fun! You know it's bad when you keep having to buy more gun safes because you constantly run out of room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make Deval happy and join The-Gun-A-Month-Club !

[laugh2]

No wonder someone chucked a coke can off his head.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: Congrats OP.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean ?

LOL

Great point.

- - - Updated - - -

As others have said, get ready to kiss your savings account goodbye. Oh, but it's fun! You know it's bad when you keep having to buy more gun safes because you constantly run out of room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I better start making room at the house.

Couple of suggestions:

Join MFS in Holliston if you are close and try out shooting a huge bunch of guns to help you decide on your first purchase! Are you nearby to the Framingham area?

Go with someone who knows what they are doing the first time, if you haven't fired higher caliber weapons before.

Congrats on your LTC one of my first guns was a S&W 686 SSR pro series so I would highly recommend the 686 as a good choice. I'd also say to get a 22 if it wasn't so difficult to find 22LR ammo at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Couple of suggestions:

Join MFS in Holliston if you are close and try out shooting a huge bunch of guns to help you decide on your first purchase! Are you nearby to the Framingham area?

Go with someone who knows what they are doing the first time, if you haven't fired higher caliber weapons before.

Thanks for the tips. MFS is about 45 minutes from me. I sent them a PM as they have the SW 686 for rent. I am going to try to get out there this weekend if possible.

I have shot 9mm, .22, and shotgun over the years, but I would classify myself as a beginner.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on your LTC one of my first guns was a S&W 686 SSR pro series so I would highly recommend the 686 as a good choice. I'd also say to get a 22 if it wasn't so difficult to find 22LR ammo at a reasonable price.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback.

The guns will dent the bank account, it is the ammo now that totals it. [laugh]

LOL

Yeah a buddy of mine in work tells me that. He is the one that got me back to shooting when he took me to his club in NH.

I said why in the hell have I not been doing this?!

Congrats on your LTC. I just got mine a few weeks ago. It only took me 7 months. Ugh!! I recently made my first purchase and I'm going shooting this weekend. I can't wait!!

Great thanks. Didn't it feel like it would never arrive?

What did you purchase?

Congratulations, like the Police CHief who game me my LTC said .. " Happy Shooting "
Without promoting any establishment, find a range that has loaner guns. Pay the $225 or so and become a member. Go try out the different guns. Snubnose, 38 special 9mm, 40, 45 Glock, S&W, Ruger, and see what you like most.
Unless you already had experience with firearms, do at least a month of shooting, get several thousand shots under your belt with all the different types and then decide what you feel comfortable with.
They are range guns, you don't have to worry about cleaning or maintenance, they are available for free.
Then you can make an educated decision on what size, type of firearm you like.

When I first started shooting, I hated striker fire and loved SA. SO I said, I will never get a Glock. Now I feel much more comfortable with striker action. I carry a snubnose because I would like to have a simple firearm that I can reflectively use. I love pistols more, but I don't trus nither myself, nor the pistols to be there 100% if the s*** hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom