• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So I Just Got My LTC-A

barnabus

NES Member
So I just got my LTC-A (NR) yesterday. Today I've joined GOAL and the NRA. I also made a donation to Comm2A.

But it seems like I forgot something. Oh right, I need to purchase a firearm. [wink]

Man always something to do![grin]

fantastic....congrats!

I feel sorry for your wallet. It's going to get savagely raped.

When I got my LTC A I was all like oh I'll by one handgun for carry and a shotgun and then maybe one rifle. I was wrong, guns tend to multiply like rabbits.

I cast my line in a lake full of trout.

You come out of nowhere and start throwing large rocks in the area I just cast in.

[laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

I cast my line in a lake full of trout.

You come out of nowhere and start throwing large rocks in the area I just cast in.

[laugh]

Lol yup [pot]

You are forewarned. Guns multiply like rabbits. Before next year you will be broke and selling your body for guns.

Truest shit ever! Since December when I first got my LTC I've sold my crossbow, one of my katanas, a PS4 controller and 2 PS4 games, an XBOX 360, and I'm in the process of trying to sell my laptop all in the name of buying guns lol.

So I just got my LTC-A (NR) yesterday. Today I've joined GOAL and the NRA. I also made a donation to Comm2A.

But it seems like I forgot something. Oh right, I need to purchase a firearm. [wink]

Congrats. How long did the whole process take, from when you applied, to when you actually got your LTC?

fantastic....congrats!

I feel sorry for your wallet. It's going to get savagely raped.

When I got my LTC A I was all like oh I'll by one handgun for carry and a shotgun and then maybe one rifle. I was wrong, guns tend to multiply like rabbits.

this, it really is crazy theres no stopping it.

so whats gonna be the first purchase?

One gun per household ... Good common sense rule.

But I am only aiming to have a " one per household " collection for my immediate neighborhood. ... Say 12 houses. ... After that someone else needs to pick up the slack

12 long guns , with accessories ( and a sidearm of course ) will outfit three four man fire teams.

Congrats. How long did the whole process take, from when you applied, to when you actually got your LTC?

Took safety course in May 2013.

Submitted application to PD May 2013.

Interview/prints August 2013 (prints kept failing. both ink and electronic. this really held me up. 5 attempts.)

Picked it up yesterday. 2/12/2014

Quite the journey.

Congrats!! but you are so misguided, you will very soon find there is not just "A firearm"​ There will always be ONE more!! Enjoy, be safe, and take some courses at GOAL that you just joined. Good luck.

What a horrible day to get your permit. Hopefully, your local gun shop will still open.
Also, congratulations!

On a side note, you will be broke, you will get the spouse upset, and will will find every excuse on why you need to have the firearm at the shop.

Last edited:
Ruger GP100 4" or SW 686 4"

Good choice. My second gun purchase was a GP100 6" stainless then got a trigger job by Greg Derr and threw on a fiber optic front sight. Great shooting gun. If you're on a budget, get the GP100. When I bought mine at Four Seasons in 2011, I think I paid around $530 or so and the 686 was just over $700 IIRC. Use the savings to buy some ammo or get a trigger job and replace the front sight. Anyway, congrats on getting your LTC.

Back
Top Bottom