So I Just Got My LTC-A

Congratulations, like the Police CHief who game me my LTC said .. " Happy Shooting "
Without promoting any establishment, find a range that has loaner guns. Pay the $225 or so and become a member. Go try out the different guns. Snubnose, 38 special 9mm, 40, 45 Glock, S&W, Ruger, and see what you like most.
Unless you already had experience with firearms, do at least a month of shooting, get several thousand shots under your belt with all the different types and then decide what you feel comfortable with.
They are range guns, you don't have to worry about cleaning or maintenance, they are available for free.
Then you can make an educated decision on what size, type of firearm you like.

When I first started shooting, I hated striker fire and loved SA. SO I said, I will never get a Glock. Now I feel much more comfortable with striker action. I carry a snubnose because I would like to have a simple firearm that I can reflectively use. I love pistols more, but I don't trus nither myself, nor the pistols to be there 100% if the s*** hits the fan.

Thanks for the tips.

Just a quick update. I picked up my Ruger GP100 4" tonight at Four Seasons. [smile]

First time in there and they were having a sale, which was a little overwhelming for a rookie. [grin]

Next item is join a club/range.

Back
Top Bottom