So, how many guns make an arsenal?

KMaurer

NES Member
David Hardy provided this interesting reference to Martin Luther King's papers at Stanford University.

He would later admit that when the boycott began, he was not yet firmly committed to Gandhian principles. Although he had been exposed to those teachings in college, he had remained skeptical. "I thought the only way we could solve our problem of segregation was an armed revolt," he recalled. "I felt that the Christian ethic of love was confined to individual relationships."

Only after his home was bombed in late January did King reconsider his views on violence. (At the time, he was seeking a gun permit and was protected by armed bodyguards.) Competing with each other to influence King were two ardent pacifists: Bayard Rustin, a black activist with the War Resisters League, and the Rev. Glenn E. Smiley, a white staff member of the Fellowship of Reconciliation. Rustin was shocked to discover a gun in King's house while Smiley informed fellow pacifists that King's home was "an arsenal."

(emphasis added).

Does does the required number of guns vary, dependening on whether the owner of the "arsenal" is a Nobel Peace Prize winner, or just a gun nut? [wink]

Ken

I don't know, but most of here at this forum, easily qualify as having "aresenal's" by most folk's definition.

Not that it's a bad thing..........

Up here, it's considered a COMPLIMENT, in fact.

According to channel 7 Boston, 3 or 4 guns is an arsenal when they report their left leaning stories. If that's an arsenal then I have an armory.

Here I was thinking Martin Luther was many centuries before Ghandi. Oops, missed the King. Maybe it is the missing Jr. which threw me off.

I wonder what Martin Luther thinks of all this.

"Martin Luther dealt the symbolic blow that began the Reformation when he nailed his Ninety-Five Theses to the door of the Wittenberg Church. That document contained an attack on papal abuses and the sale of indulgences by church officials. But Luther himself saw the Reformation as something far more important than a revolt against ecclesiastical abuses. He believed it was a fight for the gospel. Luther even stated that he would have happily yielded every point of dispute to the Pope, if only the Pope had affirmed the gospel. And at the heart of the gospel, in Luther's estimation, was the doctrine of justification by faith--the teaching that Christ's own righteousness is imputed to those who believe, and on that ground alone, they are accepted by God. [Dividing Line Image]"

To paraphrase that:

" 2nd Amendment activists dealt the symbolic blow that began the Reformation when they nailed their Ninety-Five Theses to the door of the Massachusetts State House. That document contained an attack on state abuses and the sale of indulgences by state officials. But activists saw the Reformation as something far more important than a revolt against elitist abuses. They believed it was a fight for their rights. They even stated that they would have happily yielded every point of dispute to the President, if only the President had affirmed the United States Constitution. And at the heart of the dispute, in their estimation, was the doctrine of rights--the teaching that one's own natural rights are imputed to those who are US citizens, and on that ground alone, they are accepted by society."

Martin%20Luther.gif

Last edited:
Cross-X said:
I guess your house don't have much of a view, eh?

Oh, I've got a view. Our laws don't require locking up guns. I can legally store one in the back window of a pick-up, and leave it unattended and unlocked.

In fact, that exact scenario occurs a LOT up here. Nobody steals the guns, either.

Nickle said:
Oh, I've got a view. Our laws don't require locking up guns. I can legally store one in the back window of a pick-up, and leave it unattended and unlocked.

In fact, that exact scenario occurs a LOT up here. Nobody steals the guns, either.

Isn't that 'cause Vermont is so chock full of liberals they hardly know what a gun is?

Oh, we hace LOTS of Liberals up here. Most aren't GFWs, and most know what a gun is for. Many actually own hunting rifles.

Of course, now you know why crime is low up here.

Nickle said:
Oh, we hace LOTS of Liberals up here. Most aren't GFWs, and most know what a gun is for. Many actually own hunting rifles.

Of course, now you know why crime is low up here.

What's a GFW?

mAss Backwards said:
In Massachusetts, one gun is enough to be considered an arsenal, just so long as that gun has the letter "K" in it's model name.

"K" is scary.

Glock?
MkII?
98K?
KP95?

Ken!
You beat me to it.
I was thinking the same, "M", prior to hitting page 2!
:)

Oh.. And guys at the club seem to like to ask.. How many guns DO you own? My answer is I don't know, the number keeps changing! :)

Last edited:
Does does the required number of guns vary, dependening on whether the owner of the "arsenal" is a Nobel Peace Prize winner, or just a gun nut? [wink]

Ken[/QUOTE]

Or does "Just a Nut" come into play? I don't remember any stories about how many Guns Yassir Arafat had when he died. Not only did he win the Peace Prize but as far as I can tell his best solution for "Peace" was "Kill all the Jews"

Nice Yassir....I'm glad yer gone....

-Weer'd Beard

Let's see....if one owns guns, there's never enough to make an arsenal. If one is an anti, then anything starting with 1 (including 1) is an arsenal.

Savage110FP said:
According to channel 7 Boston, 3 or 4 guns is an arsenal when they report their left leaning stories. If that's an arsenal then I have an armory.

Most of us probably have enough to "equip a small army" according to most in the media. Those of us who don't, are still trying! <G>

Gary

Then there are those of us who are upset by the fact that there actually some are third world countries with more firepower then we have. North Korea and Iran, just to give two examples. [frown]

Ken

Does this count as an arsenal? (he asked innocently)

DSCF0056.jpg

Oops... subtract the Charter Arms snubbie and add 1 M1, a Mossberg 500 and a Ruger 10/22. But that can't be an arsenal! I don't have enough guns yet!

Let's see, so far, I own the following:

Glock 19
3 Beretta compacts type M
2 standard 92FS Berettas - one blue, U.S., one Inox, Italian
92FS Vertec, blue
CX Storm
Walther P99
Red Ryder BB gun - loved Ralphie
Remington 870 (my father's)
Remington ADL 700 (Dad's too)
S&W 686 - 4" and 2"
S&W 60 2"
S&W 36
Colt Dective Special
Ruger New Single Six
Ruger GP100
Ruger SP DAO
Beretta Cheetah 85 on lay away
Ruger MarkIII6 on lay away

This is all I can remember at the moment....

Back
Top Bottom