• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bear Creek Arsenal

I'm 2 for 3 in BCA uppers
Cheap and when they work their great.

How an upper where the forward assist doesn't engage the bolt at all makes it to a customer I'll never figure out
Because BCA is literally the bottom of the barrel, swirling with the flushing turds with ATI and Radical, etc, so on. There's no QC, everything is just slapped together and thrown out the door. The only QC is whatever batch QC their vendors might have done on some of the parts but even that is questionable.

I don't really understand why people who know how to build an AR flint this aggressively; you can likely easily build your own upper off various selected poverty level parts and end up with an outcome better than a BCA throwaway upper, for either marginally more or even slightly less vs BCA.

bear creek is right up most nes'ers ass. they are cheap. i was building out a x39 ar and had 2 criteria for the upper...1. cheap & 2. was a side charge. got my wish, in 2015 the x39 side charge upper was $79...with the bolt! i still own that rifle. getting the 8 magazines for it cost more than the upper itself. in fact, so did the daniel defense lower parts kit that's in it. like admitting to owning camo crocs, i like the rifle. shoots on time, every time. looks rough, that upper does. with a scope, groups pretty well at 100. but who shoots for group with a x39 anyway. not ashamed to say it's a keeper. well...maybe just a bit of shame, but not much.

Back
Top Bottom