SIG P320 compact legos....

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
People must be buying it if they're on gen 2 already. But that's besides the point. I was just pointing out that Sig makes this modular action that can be moved frame to frame without jumping through any hoops, makes a huge deal about it, then does nearly nothing to showcase that end. Sure, they have a few modular grips, but this concept, like it or hate it, is super creative use of this concept. Which is why I was pointing out that Sig is letting third party manufacturers eat their lunch on this.
Sig doesn't care about something that's only going to sell a couple of hundred units. It would likely cost them more money than they'd ever make on it.
That's where these guys come in with their stuff, they can capture the market efficiently of maybe 200 weirdos who will buy that stuff. Good for them, too.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You mean beaten to the punch on stuff nobody will buy?

They’re constantly trying to fill back-orders, so ... 😁
People must be buying it if they're on gen 2 already. But that's besides the point. I was just pointing out that Sig makes this modular action that can be moved frame to frame without jumping through any hoops, makes a huge deal about it, then does nearly nothing to showcase that end. Sure, they have a few modular grips, but this concept, like it or hate it, is super creative use of this concept. Which is why I was pointing out that Sig is letting third party manufacturers eat their lunch on this.

Yeah, B&T beat Sig to the punch as well, but it requires an SBR stamp, so it really has a tiny group of buyers.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sig doesn't care about something that's only going to sell a couple of hundred units. It would likely cost them more money than they'd ever make on it.
That's where these guys come in with their stuff, they can capture the market efficiently of maybe 200 weirdos who will buy that stuff. Good for them, too.

Then why even bother with modular actions then? The entire point is to customize and swap frames, giving the end user options without having to buy a new gun.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Then why even bother with modular actions then? The entire point is to customize and swap frames, giving the end user options without having to buy a new gun.
Ergonomic options. The killer app of the grip frames is making a product that can be sold to more buyers. Most people aren't going to turn their p320 into an erector set like this, though.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ergonomic options. The killer app of the grip frames is making a product that can be sold to more buyers. Most people aren't going to turn their p320 into an erector set like this, though.

You're talking about low sales and then you say the "killer app" is grip modules. I don't see it when people already have the option to buy the exact pistol they want. But if you tell me that I have the option to mess around with PDW set ups without asking the government permission, then you have my attention.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You're talking about low sales and then you say the "killer app" is grip modules. I don't see it when people already have the option to buy the exact pistol they want. But if you tell me that I have the option to mess around with PDW set ups without asking the government permission, then you have my attention.
Grip modules are 30-50 apiece and can be pounded out at high margin. Also given current conditions, no, people don't have the choice of everything. Sig is likely making a killing off modules alone right now. Can't get a p320 in the config you want? For 50 bucks plus mags you can change it.

These carbine PDW things aren't new. See CAA roni, blah blah. A bunch of people will buy this stuff and fool themselves into believing they have a PCC, fine, i get it, but it's not earth shattering. Most people wll buy this stuff and it will collect dust after the novelty wears off. This isn't a new movie, and it ends the same way.

If you like it, great, glad they made something you enjoy. I think it will sell more than previous iterations of this crap, but i bet the end game is the same. Hopefully these guys turn a profit so they won't end up underwater when the demand saturates. At least they're in the game at a good time.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
From what I gathered from an interview with the head of Sig USA, they’re really not making anything off all the parts kits, grips, and standalone FCUs for the P320. They’re doing it to keep/build a fan base, they focus on building whole firearms because “that’s the business they’re in”. It’s the reason why MCX caliber/barrel kits and such are never in stock.

As for Flux, it’s a bit different than the CAA Roni. The CAA is firmly in the toy category. And I admit the first gen MP17 was also in that category because of the lack of safety and some manual of arms issues. But this new one has rectified the issues and would be a legitimate pdw. The company has claimed that some USSOCOM units are testing it to replace the MP7, but that could definitely be PR bluster. At least they’re not claiming it’s “adopted” by a military unit like Hornady and the 6mm ARC. But yeah, I’m not holding my breath about seeing it in military hands, even in a limited fashion. Though I could see it happen for PSD roles because it’s a simple swap of existing arms and parts in the supply chain(M17/M18), and it has my curiosity piqued.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
With all of Sig's hype about the modularity of this system, I'm surprised they were beaten to the punch on actually doing something with the module.
I'm not surprised for the same reason Honda doesn't need to develop most of the farkles tuners put in their Civics.

The benefit to Sig is that the market now has a growing reason to build accessories for their pistol over any other. If their gambit pays off, this could be the next AR15. In a few years, when all the patents (on this model) run out, their name will be synonymous with the accessory market built around it. Meanwhile, those accessory manufacturers are paying licenses for the name on their packaging and for the actual design interface.

If this market thrives, this pistol will have been the Glock killer. Why build 80% Gen-3 Glocks to pair with your Lego AR, when you can build a Lego P320 in any configuration you like? You could have an AR-pistol and P320-rifle for the lulz.

The smartest thing Sig can do here is focus on the base platform, making it as robust a possible, and collect license fees while providing a modicum of support to the accessory manufacturers. Their investment is safe while infinite others pay them for permission to take risks.

If they were really clever, they'd invite anyone that makes something for this pistol to do an official 10 minute demo slot at their booth at SHOT, and host events at the shoot where people can try their toys. This is all free advertising for their platform.

Last edited:

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not surprised for the same reason Honda doesn't need to develop most of the farkles tuners put in their Civics.

Well, I'm sure Honda would love the money, but not at the risk factor that those aftermarket parts bring to the equation (and warranty). I suppose that lines up with what drgrant was saying about Sig not wanting to spend the R&D on something like this. I'm sure their QA process would make it a financial nightmare, where it would only make sense with either military contract type figures or P365 units sold money.

But you're all making sense here. Just a shame that Sig couldn't have been the manufacturer, as the true value to me of a modular system is not having to ask government permission or futz around with Form 1's to get a PDW-like result as an option to an existing pistol. I would have preferred that to have been from Sig. But I agree with pappym3, in that this appears to be more than just a skin over a pistol. You actually install the modular action and the slide rides on rails on this device, so it's a little more than just a slapped on frame. So I'd consider this a step above a Roni in that regard.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Does anyone have a line on p320 lower parts kits to complete an FCU?
I piece mealed my last build. Some stuff direct from Sig, then I used the following places for other parts:

Small Gun Parts
Midwest Gun Supply
Black Market Arms

Stay away from Lancaster Tactical Supply. Scam artist.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Sig announces alloy frame for P320

Wonder if the price point of the grip module will be lower than the Icarus

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's not a gun. It's a part. But it has the serial number, so it is a gun.
What are the odds of this gun/not-a-gun being sold in MA gun shops?

Masswhole

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What are the odds of this gun/not-a-gun being sold in MA some gun shops?

100%

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Same as selling lowers...or serialized frames

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

No deli ticket emporium/box store sales obvs, but a dozen or two dealers will move these no problem.

Boghog1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I picked up a compact figured it would replace my G19, so far J am not a fan as the bulbous grip leaves something to be desired, any grip module suggestion?

flippedr6

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I picked up a compact figured it would replace my G19, so far J am not a fan as the bulbous grip leaves something to be desired, any grip module suggestion?

I bought the x grip in medium and love it. I hated the compact grip that it came with. I bought the grip I linked to and the replacement pin to remove the manual safety.

Boghog1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You thought a 320 would be better than brand G? Why?
I have numerous friends that are Sig proponents, there is nothing wrong other than the hand feel, I had issues with how the Glock felt initially but a home grip reduction and stipple job and it has become part of my hand. hopefully the 320 will as well, nothing like having options

bostonelli

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good read quick question

I have a x5 legion and noticed sig had a pretty decent deal on these

Check on understanding:
1) will these grips will work with the slide above ok? I just started looking into the compact so not too familiar looks to be a compact and xcompact

2) the slide above mentions the xcompact is not compatible does that mean the xgrip module is also not compatible?

3) I shouldn’t have an issue dropping in my x5 legion Fcu in any of the above correct? Any issues in Ma swapping between the grip frames?

Pretty elementary questions but just want to make sure get all the parts ordered correctly the first time

Top Bottom