• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shadow 2 Compact vs Shadow 2?

There are folks who proclaim that double second-strike is an absolute must have ability for any defense gun; I think they are deluded and that double second-strike capability is, at best, a small minus.

If I get a Shadow 2 Compact, I will leave the DA as it is. With a spring kit from Cajun Custom, the DA trigger pull on my Shadow 2 is awesome and easily dealt with.
If you get the Cajun upgrade parts, the DA will be very smooth. The upgrades I did came from them, but I like SA more than DA, It’s just my preference.

Has anyone tried Shadow 2 Compact? How do you like it? Worth getting for range fun or Shadow 2 is a better choice?
Just got one. Going to use it as a range toy vs EDC. Like it very much. An important factor is that its optics-ready, and not all of their guns are. If I wanted to compete with a CZ I would have looked for an optics ready version of a TS2.

Just got one. Going to use it as a range toy vs EDC. Like it very much. An important factor is that its optics-ready, and not all of their guns are. If I wanted to compete with a CZ I would have looked for an optics ready version of a TS2.

How was it at the range?

How was it at the range?
It was great. Its a decent weight so it certainly soaks up recoil more than my VP9 or Sig P365 (not that 9mm is exactly hard kicking...). Haven't shot for group on paper yet, but it seems very accurate. Sights are easy to pick up and the trigger is great in SA and fine in DA. People saying that the safety is awfully small are not wrong, but on the range not an issue. This and the VP9 fit my hand really well. Just got the optics plate for it, thinking about putting a Holosun 508T on it at some point.

Buddy of mine showed up at the same time with a Turkish CZ75 clone (forget the name). Was doing ehhh on the plates. Handed him my gun, and he cleared the rack in no time. Looks at me and says "Shit, guess you do get what you pay for.."

Back
Top Bottom