• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig MPX 9mm

anyone have any experience with the sig mpx 9mm carbine ? And is it worth the $2000 price tag for a 9mm.

For a lot less money you could look at the Beretta CX4 that takes 92FS mags so pre-bans are readily available. Good to go in MA out of the box. Very accurate inside 100 yards. You can get them for $500 -$700 depending on if it’s new or used.

I don't understand why shops price things so high. Do people actually come in off the street and pay 2k for a CZ bren or MPX? Most people buying these type of guns do a bit of research first and then see what the market is on them.
A quick search shows them both available for much less then $2k and people have every right to try to save $500 when making a purchase. It's one thing to order online to save $10 compared to a local shop but how can you support locals when they're $3-600 more expensive on things.
Then finding a dealer that will transfer plus do the gunsmithing !

For a lot less money you could look at the Beretta CX4 that takes 92FS mags so pre-bans are readily available. Good to go in MA out of the box. Very accurate inside 100 yards. You can get them for $500 -$700 depending on if it’s new or used.
Not crazy about the cx4 looks

Then finding a dealer that will transfer plus do the gunsmithing !

That's not that hard to do. I've had it done and know of a couple others that will it just amazes me these places will sit on inventory trying to make a massive profit but will sell you shields and other pistols at $30-75 markup.

The barrel is less than 16" so I think they all come welded with comps and they sell a mass compliant version where the folding stock is also welded. The weld would be easy to remove once out from behind the iron curtain.

Didn't know there was a MA version. Maybe that's the version going for $1850-2000?

That's not that hard to do. I've had it done and know of a couple others that will it just amazes me these places will sit on inventory trying to make a massive profit but will sell you shields and other pistols at $30-75 markup.

Can you post or PM who's a good place to buy these from? I know a few places but all seem expensive.

Not crazy about the cx4 looks
I can totally understand that. I felt the same way but bought one because I’m a Beretta Junkie. Have been very happy with it and everyone I let shoot it seems to dig it. The looks grow on you, like a fungus.

Can you post or PM who's a good place to buy these from? I know a few places but all seem expensive.
Gun.deals.com has lists of places. Go online and search and have it shipped or browse through the NES classifieds. There's an MCX for 1500 which is $350 cheaper then other place so then email the FFL and see if he can get a deal on a mpx for you.

Gun.deals.com has lists of places. Go online and search and have it shipped or browse through the NES classifieds. There's an MCX for 1500 which is $350 cheaper then other place so then email the FFL and see if he can get a deal on a mpx for you.

Thanks - I meant how to find local FFLs willing to receive an MPX transfer and massify it. The ones I see in the classifieds are all asking $1850+.

So Geissele says that their triggers are not compatible with the MPX/MCX. They say MPX versions are coming out in 2018. I thought the MPX/MCX use standard AR type triggers. Anyone with experience know the details to this?

Thanks for your post! This was eye-opening to me since I put a Geissele SSA trigger in an MPX Gen 1 a few years ago specifically because Bill Geissele said that it would work (quote and link below). I originally found the linked video and article before purchasing the trigger to learn if it would void the MPX warranty. The trigger has worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds. I will be calling Geissele to see what changed.

“Bill Geissele” said:
HK guns also have the bridge. High impulse guns will toss the hammer back violently so that the hammer will hit the disconnector. By repeatedly striking the disconnector it will actually fracture over time. As a trigger similar to the Sig the ALG trigger may have this problem. However, the Geissele triggers are designed so that the bridge is not needed and the hi velocity of the bolt carrier will not effect it. And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warrenty is always there to help you out.
Link here

Last edited:
anyone have any experience with the sig mpx 9mm carbine ? And is it worth the $2000 price tag for a 9mm.
The MPX at least initially was designed to be an SBR or pistol with brace (for those in free states), and is surprisingly accurate in that form even out to 100yds. I would imagine a longer barrel results in higher velocities, but I would have a tough time justifying $2k for a 9mm carbine. I could more easily argue for the Bren and MCX options mentioned above.

Why hasnt the Tavor in 9mm been mentioned ? Its a great gun and very short for home defense. Another good choice is the new Ruger PC carbine . I have both and enjoy them . Pre-ban mags for tavor. Why is everyone so worried about the triggers , your not shooting these guns at 300yrds they are not target guns.

Why hasnt the Tavor in 9mm been mentioned ? Its a great gun and very short for home defense. Another good choice is the new Ruger PC carbine .

Agree with you that a tavor with a 9mm conversion kit is a nice option. Then you can have 5.56 and 9mm and if you shop around should be able to do it around the 2k mark.
I'm tempted to sell my vector and buy the tavor setup and a ruger pc9 carbine.

Why hasnt the Tavor in 9mm been mentioned ? Its a great gun and very short for home defense. Another good choice is the new Ruger PC carbine . I have both and enjoy them . Pre-ban mags for tavor. Why is everyone so worried about the triggers , your not shooting these guns at 300yrds they are not target guns.

What's the Tavor in 9mm use for magazines?

A MPX was originally on my wish list but then I discovered and researched the Beretta CX4 for half the $$$. Then a couple weeks ago my local shop showed me the new Ruger PC Carbine (around $500-$550). Verrry tempting.....

to quote forrest gump, the CX4 is about as ugly is as ugly does...it's a shade over 5.5 lbs and is 100% reliable for me. will be hard pressed to find a quality 16" barreled rifle in 9mm in that weight range. even a sig mpx with same barrel length is 2 lbs heavier. while the CX4 looks weird, i would make sure to actually shoot one before writing it off.

This is an Off topic question. , but would a colt lower be worthy of a Daniel Defense complete upper ? Bought a complete colt ar but want to completely change it into a more modern looking ar.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but MFS in Holliston has massified MPX carbines for just under 1600 for anyone interested. Far and away the best price ive seen in the area.

I ended up getting a private party MPX and have been really happy with it. Great shooter, good feel and fit/finish. Only thing that sucks is how damn expensive the magazines are...

to quote forrest gump, the CX4 is about as ugly is as ugly does...it's a shade over 5.5 lbs and is 100% reliable for me. will be hard pressed to find a quality 16" barreled rifle in 9mm in that weight range. even a sig mpx with same barrel length is 2 lbs heavier. while the CX4 looks weird, i would make sure to actually shoot one before writing it off.
You think it's ugly? Hmm, I like the looks, one of the reasons I bought one. Certainly wouldn't drop $1,500 on a 9mm carbine, that's TAVOR territory.

I had a Kriss Vector which I just had to sell to fund some auto repairs. Thing was awesome. Accurate, zero muzzle flip, etc.

Cleaning it didn't take long, but it does tend to hang on to every little bit of grunge. Super easy to take apart.

Preban mags aplenty - glock mags. I realize they are more available than probably any other preban pistol mag, and that I'm almost certainly the only person who will ever say this, but I didn't like dealing with the glock mags. The Kriss didn't love the U notch ones. The wacky pricing all over the place, the uncertainty of getting ripped off for non-preban square notch mags. All my guns are metal, so maybe that's it too - I just didn't like the plastic mags. You also needed to file the top of the base plate down a bit to get them to seat reliably. I dunno, I just found it to be a real pain in the ass...I know I'm weird and that no one would ever agree with me on that, so probably not a huge concern.

If I was a glock guy and had tons of mags hanging around or if I lived in a free state I would DEFINITELY consider picking one up again. You definitely need a 30 round happy stick if you own one. 10 round mags are just not an option with it...you can go through that in a second. Zero fun factor.

Timney Triggers beat Geiselle in putting out a dedicated MPX trigger. Geiselle’s as far as I know is still up on the drawing board while Timney has been selling them for months now. Runs about 300.00 but is a huge improvement over Sigs stock trigger.

I had a Kriss Vector which I just had to sell to fund some auto repairs. Thing was awesome. Accurate, zero muzzle flip, etc.

I wanted a Vector but they seem rather unfriendly for left-handed manipulation so I wrote it off.

The Beretta CX4 shoots very well up to 100yds (maybe further?); it's accurate and quite comfortable to shoulder. If I were a Beretta person I'd pick one up in a heartbeat, but gritty triggers on poorly-maintained M9's have soured me on the 92FS, and the whole point would be magazine commonality with a sidearm.

It's not an option in MA, but a SBR'd PS90 is loads of fun. Optics sit too high on it for a cheek weld, but there are dual mag clamps which place the second magazine at a perfect height to remedy that. Who wouldn't want 100 rounds of 5.7 on tap? [cheers]

Timney Triggers beat Geiselle in putting out a dedicated MPX trigger. Geiselle’s as far as I know is still up on the drawing board while Timney has been selling them for months now. Runs about 300.00 but is a huge improvement over Sigs stock trigger.
KE Arms SLT-1 is a protected style cartridge design, unlike a lot of the other drop in triggers available. It’s a nice crisp short single action trigger. I haven’t put a ton of rounds through mine yet but it seems to be a really good option and can be had in the $150 range

Back
Top Bottom