Sig MPX 9mm

FWIW I have a MPX w a Geisselle SSAE installed with no issues whatsoever...2k easily through it. YMMV. I love the thing...the set up is so similar to an AR it’s second nature to use.

I did hve a MCX in 300AAC before the AG nonsense...tried a SSAE trigger and it was no bueno...had to put the stock trigger in. Traded it and wish I had it back to be honest.

When I think about what I need to add to a Scorpion evo it pushes it up to like $1200, getting closer to an MPX. May have to rethink. I can’t get many long guns so prefer quality over quantity.

One other big difference between the Scorpion and the MPX is the way they operate. The MPX is a piston driven gun. It seems like overkill but it allows it to have a nice light bolt.

The Scorpion in contrast is a straight blowback system. So its bolt is literally 4x heavier than the MPXs.

The benefit of a lighter bolt is that its movement affects the rifle less, followup shots are faster and easier. I've shot both, there is a difference.

IMHO, the MPX is the best of the bunch, and the Keltec is the unsung, cheapo hero shooter. The KelTecs really do shoot great. (flame away)

When I think about what I need to add to a Scorpion evo it pushes it up to like $1200, getting closer to an MPX. May have to rethink. I can’t get many long guns so prefer quality over quantity.

I looked into this too and would most definitely SBR them as I have no desire for a 16" 9mm. Stamp, new barrel, fore-end, trigger, stock, optics, etc will push the cost near $2,000 for the Scorpion and probably $2,500+ for the MPX. The cost associated was a bit high for what it is compared to an AR9. And that's not taking into account the near deal breaker with 10 rd mags in MA.

IMHO, the MPX is the best of the bunch, and the Keltec is the unsung, cheapo hero shooter. The KelTecs really do shoot great. (flame away)

Just saw this - I laughed at the Sub 2k til I got one in my hands, and then was like "wow, this is really nice". I recently acquired some G17 +2 mags in a trade so I'm looking for something to put them in. :)

Decided to buy the MPX though, soon as I can find one.

Back
Top Bottom