Sig MPX 9mm

OP, there's an MCX also, which seems to be showing up in Mass now - there was some concern it wasn't kosher before.

It's 5.56, takes AR pre-ban mags, and is around $1800 or so. I'm tempted to get one as my 2nd AR. Feel naked with just one.

Sig-Sauer-debuts-modular-MCX-Virtus-series-VIDEO-660x440.jpg
Beautiful gun . Where can we find it !

I believe they're not kosher. I personally wouldn't transfer one in. I'd buy one, I just wouldn't perform the transfer for anyone lol.

A couple shops are advertising them, and Sig has recently said they're MA kosher - but yeah, I totally get why an FFL wouldn't do it, which is why only a few are so far.

So Geissele says that their triggers are not compatible with the MPX/MCX. They say MPX versions are coming out in 2018. I thought the MPX/MCX use standard AR type triggers. Anyone with experience know the details to this?

So Geissele says that their triggers are not compatible with the MPX/MCX. They say MPX versions are coming out in 2018. I thought the MPX/MCX use standard AR type triggers. Anyone with experience know the details to this?

Geissele is allegedly making a specific trigger for the MPX. Apparently the bolt hits the trigger pretty hard and could damage a trigger that isn't specifically designed for it. I installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger and it works well so far in the MPX.

What's the general feeling of a dealer who's receiving a transfer instead of the buyer going through them for the purchase? i.e. Mass Firearms sells the MPX for just shy for 2k. How would they feel if you were to get a MPX from gun broker and ask them to transfer it in saving yourself 300-400 dollars? Is this frowned upon? I have no experience with transfers so forgive my ignorance.

What's the general feeling of a dealer who's receiving a transfer instead of the buyer going through them for the purchase? i.e. Mass Firearms sells the MPX for just shy for 2k. How would they feel if you were to get a MPX from gun broker and ask them to transfer it in saving yourself 300-400 dollars? Is this frowned upon? I have no experience with transfers so forgive my ignorance.

They get the transfer fee so its alright. If they ask just tell them you got it way cheaper, maybe they'll lower the price.

Just ask them. Keep in mind the rifle will come in not MA compliant so they'll have to do that for you, some might not want to do that on a transfer.

Geissele now has an MCX specific trigger, and is working on an MPX specific as stated to be put out in 2018. Some explanation on their website.

Prices are sky high, the MCX I believe is $350.00+ right now.

Although some people state their AR triggers are working fine with the MPX/MCX, Geissele also states that it will not honor the warranty when/if their trigger fails or breaks while being used in one of these nomenclatures. Use at your own risk I guess until or unless you can afford a specific 350.00 kit.

Butt-hurt?

In 9mm, I have AR-9, Scorpion and an MPX (all via NFA trust, all SBR'd). I don't think I'd own any of them in a state where suppressors weren't an option.

As pistols, they're all heavy and off-balance even without a suppressor mounted, but fine once you have a way to fire them from the shoulder.

In 9mm, I have AR-9, Scorpion and an MPX (all via NFA trust, all SBR'd). I don't think I'd own any of them in a state where suppressors weren't an option.

As pistols, they're all heavy and off-balance even without a suppressor mounted, but fine once you have a way to fire them from the shoulder.
Sig mcx 5.56
Sig mcx 9mm carbine
Cz scorpion eco 3 9mm
Cz Bren
Scar 16s fde
Bushmaster acr

Let’s say any of these are ordered out of state off gunbroker. They would be considered non MA compliant. How do we make them MA compliant ! And what if the shop we are using for transfer does not do gunsmithing services .

You need to ship them to an 07 FFL to have the stocks pinned in place and a muzzle brake permanently attached. North East Arms in Peabody comes to mind but there are a bunch out there. Call them and ask if they'll do it first.

You need to ship them to an 07 FFL to have the stocks pinned in place and a muzzle brake permanently attached. North East Arms in Peabody comes to mind but there are a bunch out there. Call them and ask if they'll do it first.
I’m not sure of any places near me that will . Southeastern MA . I just wanna find one that will so I can purchase something off gunbroker .

I don't understand why shops price things so high. Do people actually come in off the street and pay 2k for a CZ bren or MPX? Most people buying these type of guns do a bit of research first and then see what the market is on them.
A quick search shows them both available for much less then $2k and people have every right to try to save $500 when making a purchase. It's one thing to order online to save $10 compared to a local shop but how can you support locals when they're $3-600 more expensive on things.

A quick search shows them both available for much less then $2k and people have every right to try to save $500 when making a purchase. It's one thing to order online to save $10 compared to a local shop but how can you support locals when they're $3-600 more expensive on things.
I'll generally pay a 10% price premium to support a local shop and take it home today. So a couple hundred bucks on a $1500 gun isn't entirely unreasonable, but $600?

That is how a MA dealer feels when you directly transfer a firearm from a free state that is sold in their shop for 1.5x the normal street price.

What was confusing?
Gotcha....thats what my initial thoughts were as well. They probably won't be too happy about it. Guess the opinion will vary dealer to dealer.

Personally, i'm itching bad for an MPX but refuse to pay 2k for one. 1400-1600 I feel is reasonable, but then add in transfer fees, pin stock/muzzle...probably add another 150-200ish?

Gotcha....thats what my initial thoughts were as well. They probably won't be too happy about it. Guess the opinion will vary dealer to dealer.

Personally, i'm itching bad for an MPX but refuse to pay 2k for one. 1400-1600 I feel is reasonable, but then add in transfer fees, pin stock/muzzle...probably add another 150-200ish?

The barrel is less than 16" so I think they all come welded with comps and they sell a mass compliant version where the folding stock is also welded. The weld would be easy to remove once out from behind the iron curtain.

I second this for the MPX! Just installed one in mine a few days ago. LaRue stands behind it being installed in an MPX. No reports of anyone's breaking in an MPX yet, even after high round counts. Its a night and day difference.

where do they say that? i was waiting for the geisle mpx trigger to come out this year, but this looks interesting.

Back
Top Bottom