Sig MPX 9mm

What do you want it for? Fun? Home defense? There's something to be said for 9mm carbine for the home (quieter, less penetration than an AR), but I think you'd really want a short barrel and 30 round mag, and ideally a suppressor.

For a 10-round winter indoor range gun, it seems expensive. CZ should be just as fun and half the price.

I'd also trust CZ reliability over Sig. I think Sig's engineering is great, but reliability lags.

What do you want it for? Fun? Home defense? There's something to be said for 9mm carbine for the home (quieter, less penetration than an AR), but I think you'd really want a short barrel and 30 round mag, and ideally a suppressor.

For a 10-round winter indoor range gun, it seems expensive. CZ should be just as fun and half the price.

I'd also trust CZ reliability over Sig. I think Sig's engineering is great, but reliability lags.
Can 30 round mags even be gotten for these in ma

Nevermind just saw other poster cz scorpion.

What about scar 16s? Or bushmaster acr . Obviously not 9mm but worth the price?

Yeah the cz scorpion is your better bet you can find it for right under a grand. But the 10 round mags get you. If yiu have 2 gs to spend look at a bushmaster acr or the scar or even the mcx takes AR Mags

Scorpion is legal. Not difficult to find.

If you're going .223, go with the CZ bren 805. Very nice rifle, quality, and can be had on GunBroker for $1500-1600 + shipping & transfer

Scar 16s would be next but hard to find in stock anywhere. ACR I can't speak for. It looks cool but whether or not it functions well I don't know.

Comparing a scar to the mpx or scorpion in crazy, very different. Rifle caliber vs pistol caliber. The mpx can be had for far less than 2k if you look around. All 3 will work fine it really depends what you want to spend and if you want metal or plastic.

I have an MPX (version 2) and it was a lot less than $2k. Mags are expensive, but it is a very nice rifle. The Scorpion is a good choice as well, although the Sig is a much more, well at the risk of sounding snobby, sophisticated. Either way they both launch 9mm bullets pretty well. My understanding is that the Scorpion blows a lot of stuff back into your face compared to the MPX, which doesn't really do that in my experience. If you want to ever suppress either one, the Sig is a much better choice. The stock MPX trigger totally sucks and I have replaced it with a Geissele and it is now awesome.

Scorpion is legal. Not difficult to find.

If you're going .223, go with the CZ bren 805. Very nice rifle, quality, and can be had on GunBroker for $1500-1600 + shipping & transfer

Scar 16s would be next but hard to find in stock anywhere. ACR I can't speak for. It looks cool but whether or not it functions well I don't know.
How do I make purchases on gunbroker. Never used it

How do I make purchases on gunbroker. Never used it

Ever used eBay? Basically same concept.

Only thing you should do prior to purchase, is discuss with your local FFL if he will take in whatever you are going to buy for transfer. If he says yes, then proceed to GunBroker buy your rifle, pay for it however the merchant wants. Most take CC, some PayPal, some only money order. Email seller and ask how to have your FFL contact him for transfer.

Ever used eBay? Basically same concept.

Only thing you should do prior to purchase, is discuss with your local FFL if he will take in whatever you are going to buy for transfer. If he says yes, then proceed to GunBroker buy your rifle, pay for it however the erchant wants. Most take CC, some PayPal, some only money order. Email seller and ask how to have your FFL contact him for transfer.
doesnt sound too complicated . Will look into it . Thank you .

If I could even find any of them

It's not hard to find a SCAR, but the 5.56 is only a little less money than the 7.62 so most people go for the 7.62, which is rather special being one of the lightest of its kind. It's easy (outside MA) to find a lightweight reliable 5.56 so that one's not so popular, but it makes some sense in MA thanks to pre-bans and the AG's nonsense.

It depends on what you're looking for - SHTF home defense rifle, get a 5.56. If it's just for range fun and your range is 100 or 50 yards, get the CZ or MPX.

Keep in mind the main reason the SCAR is so expensive is not cause it's so special but because they have to modify it for 922r compliance and import it. If it were made in the US it would be a lot cheaper.

For 9mm, you can also look into kriss vectors. Take Glock mags so you can get preban high vaps for it. Small package also and can be SBRed for a nice small reliable carbine

There's a nice white one in the classifieds right now. I heard something negative about them, hard to maintain maybe? Very cool though.

Is it worth the price tag? That's totally subjective.

I have a couple CZ Scorpions and an MPX. I much prefer the MPX. The Scorpions are very plasticky. Solid, but nothing like the MPX. You can improve the Scorpion trigger a bit but it's not as easy as just dropping in an AR trigger into the MPX.

They're both good suppressor hosts.

There's a nice white one in the classifieds right now. I heard something negative about them, hard to maintain maybe? Very cool though.

I’ve heard nothing but good things, and they take glock mags. Obviously a lot of people SBR them/buy the SBR version. That’s white one looks sweet

OP, there's an MCX also, which seems to be showing up in Mass now - there was some concern it wasn't kosher before.

It's 5.56, takes AR pre-ban mags, and is around $1800 or so. I'm tempted to get one as my 2nd AR. Feel naked with just one.

Sig-Sauer-debuts-modular-MCX-Virtus-series-VIDEO-660x440.jpg

For 9mm, you can also look into kriss vectors. Take Glock mags so you can get preban high vaps for it. Small package also and can be SBRed for a nice small reliable carbine

I 2nd this, I have kriss vector 9mm with some pre-ban 33rd glock silly sticks, shoots like a 22. The only issue and it's a huge issue, it's so much fun and with the low muzzle flip, you burn through tons of 9mm. Last time I took it out with my son who invited one of his friends, we went through over 800 rounds of 9mm.

harry

I 2nd this, I have kriss vector 9mm with some pre-ban 33rd glock silly sticks, shoots like a 22. The only issue and it's a huge issue, it's so much fun and with the low muzzle flip, you burn through tons of 9mm. Last time I took it out with my son who invited one of his friends, we went through over 800 rounds of 9mm.

harry

How is it to field strip/clean?

OP, there's an MCX also, which seems to be showing up in Mass now - there was some concern it wasn't kosher before.

It's 5.56, takes AR pre-ban mags, and is around $1800 or so. I'm tempted to get one as my 2nd AR. Feel naked with just one.

Sig-Sauer-debuts-modular-MCX-Virtus-series-VIDEO-660x440.jpg

I believe they're not kosher. I personally wouldn't transfer one in. I'd buy one, I just wouldn't perform the transfer for anyone lol.

harry

How is it to field strip/clean?

The field strip is easy, it breaks down really well, no tools needed. The clean is like any other depends on how much effort you put into it. However, I have the Alpine White, if you have OCD on finger marks and shinny new clean look, do not get this color. The white is really hard to keep clean, once you have cleaned and reassembled you spend another 10 minutes just cleaning the outside.

It's a keeper for me, great all around close quarters combat gun, home defense.

harry

Back
Top Bottom