• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Mosquito vs Ruger SR22 vs Walther P22

SR22. Every time I take mine to the range and there is someone there that has the P22 they all say "I wanted to buy the Ruger but it was not in stock so I bought xx instead."

Mine does not like Federal especially the match grade. It eats everything else standard and high velocity. It likes Winchester X, Blazer, CCI mini-mags, CCI standard and Remington golden bullet.

Would polishing the feed ramp fix this problem. I am think about purchasing the sr22.

Thanks,

Mike

Based strictly on my experience.

I bought the P22 in 2002. Total crap, made out of pot-metal, jammed on everything we fed it (5 different brands of ammo). Polished the feed ramp and sold it in 2006. Buyer was told about the issues and he told me that he eventually sold it too.

I bought a used Mosquito a short time ago. It was made in 2010 and came with a HV recoil spring (they ship with 2 springs, one for HV and the other for SV). Prior owner claimed no problems and I've put thru maybe 5-600 rds of Golden Bullets with no problems at all.

I expect to pick up the SR22 from a friend shortly.

Would polishing the feed ramp fix this problem. I am think about purchasing the sr22.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

We think alike. I have done that and it does not hurt but I don't think it helped.

The .22 semi auto can be ammo dependent. The SR22 is the least ammo dependent of this group. Also add the Aguila bullets to the list of what it likes. Just look around at how many of these guns you see for sale used and what their prices are. You will see used SR22s but not a lot. On the other hand if you go to Armslist and search for Walther you might get 5 results and 4 of them are the P22.

I think you will be happy with the SR22.

Based strictly on my experience.

I bought the P22 in 2002. Total crap, made out of pot-metal, jammed on everything we fed it (5 different brands of ammo). Polished the feed ramp and sold it in 2006. Buyer was told about the issues and he told me that he eventually sold it too.

I bought a used Mosquito a short time ago. It was made in 2010 and came with a HV recoil spring (they ship with 2 springs, one for HV and the other for SV). Prior owner claimed no problems and I've put thru maybe 5-600 rds of Golden Bullets with no problems at all.

I expect to pick up the SR22 from a friend shortly.

Mike,

We think alike. I have done that and it does not hurt but I don't think it helped.

The .22 semi auto can be ammo dependent. The SR22 is the least ammo dependent of this group. Also add the Aguila bullets to the list of what it likes. Just look around at how many of these guns you see for sale used and what their prices are. You will see used SR22s but not a lot. On the other hand if you go to Armslist and search for Walther you might get 5 results and 4 of them are the P22.

I think you will be happy with the SR22.

Thank you for the replies, think I'll be going with the Sr22.

Happy New Year

Mike

The SR22 always goes to the range with me, no matter what else I am shooting. It has fed all but the crappiest ammo as well as you could expect from a 22. The only ammo I ever had any problems with was a bulk 525 Greasy Golden Bullet box that I promptly gave away. Sounded like under powered sub sonic rounds and could not cycle the slide.

I got a SR22 for my wife not that long ago, tried 2 different brands of federal (bulk and automatch IIRC), and rem golden bullet. Worked flawlessly with each.

Back
Top Bottom