shoulder holsters

I am looking for a comfortable cc holster for a beretta 9000s.40 ,thinking of a shoulder holster for the winter mounths, i am in and out of trucks and equpt. alot ,thinking comfort first . any feed back will help thanks

I to agree. I have one for my USP and though I have only had to use it a few times ( wearing a suit ) it is both very comfortable and easy to access.

Mitch Rosen Jack Ass

I thought that someone else was making the Jackass holster?

Seriously, I have an original Jackass holster and it was the only shoulder holster that was comfortable. Well worth the money, no matter who is making it now.

I believe the Miami classic is the exact same model as the Jackass. They renamed it in the early 80's during the Miami Vice craze.
I was researching Shoulder holsters for a 1911 the other day and I ran across that explanation.

thanks for the input ,is the shoulder holster good for winter carry

No.

Go with a IWB "strongside" and a good belt.

If it wasnt for the 70's and 80's movies, shoulder holsters would be extinct.

Comptac, Don Hume, texas gun leather & crossbreed make excellent IWB holsters. [wink]

I wear a shoulder rig when there is no other option. i.e. Work out clothes

The draw sucks for both the spare mags and gun.

galco miami classic.not cheap but very comfortable

This, really nice leather, I have one for my S&W 1911PD. The winter is about the only time you could really expect to hide a gun under your arm, I wear mine around the house the rest of the year. [smile]

+1 Winter is when shoulder holsters shine. Try pulling your gun out of a IWB or off your hip in traffic with a winter coat on and you'll see shoulder holsters have their place.

i practice drawing and / or expose the gun.

i don't care to have a gun pointed at my back passenger(s)

also, i am a righty, so i'd sooner floor the gas pedal vs. draw and shoot across my left arm through my window [laugh]

try it sometime, SLOW. draw from a IWB, OWB, SOB, Shoulder rig from inside the car. it doesn't work like in Lethal Weapon 4. plus it's LOUD!

one option i practiced was to unbuckle my seatbealt, lean right and swing my feet over to the door. but i'm still placing my own body parts between the muzzle and myself.

so my two option plans are drive away or open the car door, draw and advance towards the threat. from the IWB, it's a smooth transition and flows with exiting the vehicle. from a shoulder rig, i still have "sweep"

i practiced this for shits and giggles at the action pits one day. [wink]

I am looking for a comfortable cc holster for a beretta 9000s.40 ,thinking of a shoulder holster for the winter mounths, i am in and out of trucks and equpt. alot ,thinking comfort first . any feed back will help thanks

For that gun I would go with an ankle holster for driving. It's small enough. And frankly you could then IWB another gun and have two.

For that gun I would go with an ankle holster for driving. It's small enough. And frankly you could then IWB another gun and have two.

I thought about the ankle holster too, but then realized I could no longer reach my ankles after the last 2 years of grabbing them. [wink]

galco miami classic.not cheap but very comfortable

I have one of these and I like it a lot, especially the fact that I can carry 2 extra magazines comfortably. With two extra 12 round magazines,that gives me 37 rounds of .40, which should be enough to get to my rifles.[grin] I also like that they are modular and I can buy a different holster and ammo pouch and use the same harness set up.

But, I would agree that shoulder holsters are really best suited for bigger guns. I have the holsters for a Sig 226 and S&W 686.

I also agree that drawing from the hip is generally easier/faster, but it is better to have your gun in a shoulder holster than to have left it at home because it was not comfortable to carry.

Everybody is different and what works well for some may not for others. I have a friend that only carries in a shoulder holster and hates carrying on his waist. I carry on my waist about 80% of the time but, depending on what i am wearing and the weather, sometimes a shoulder rig makes sense. I will wear a shoulder rig with a sports jacket, a zip front hooded sweat shirt or a windbreaker.

You might also take a look at Sigs concealed carry coat. It's kinda rugged like Carhart stuff, and will easily conceal your Baretta.

FWIW I found the best price for the holster on Optics Planet

Back
Top Bottom