• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ShotStop Armor Plates - Raided / Shut Down

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Bonafide investigation or witch hunt?

People seem to get away with running scams all the time but....
Ignore the stuff may not be tested, that is one thing
Buying items from China, putting made in USA stickers on them and selling them to government agencies is pretty high risk

Probably one of the more expensive plates out there too. I was looking at them a couple months ago and it was like $600.00+ per plate for the Duritium ultra light/ultra thin plates.

I’m glad I came to my senses and held off, only found this out today because I went back to give them another look and check out some reviews online.

So who is an actual trustworthy armor manufacturer? I feel like there's knock-offs everywhere now.
I’m looking at Spartan Armor Systems now. Don’t know much about them but they’ve been around a while and allegedly made in the USA. Having a 20% off sale right now. I’d like to get a smallish plate to stick in the pack I keep with me in the car and at the gym.

Probably one of the more expensive plates out there too. I was looking at them a couple months ago and it was like $600.00+ per plate for the Duritium ultra light/ultra thin plates.

I’m glad I came to my senses and held off, only found this out today because I went back to give them another look and check out some reviews online.
I just bought some hoplites last year

I’m looking at Spartan Armor Systems now. Don’t know much about them but they’ve been around a while and allegedly made in the USA. Having a 20% off sale right now. I’d like to get a smallish plate to stick in the pack I keep with me in the car and at the gym.

These dudes make good stuff.

So who is an actual trustworthy armor manufacturer? I feel like there's knock-offs everywhere now.
the thing is of how well others mask their steel sources and how many factually use domestically produced steel that is who know how many more times costlier than an imported chinesium.

Buying items from China, putting made in USA stickers on them and selling them to government agencies is pretty high risk
Surefire does it all the time which is why they can't legally call their stuff "Made in USA" but rather market it as "Built in the USA". When you use a 'mix of domestic and foreign parts' in your products, who knows if the China stuff is as good?

the thing is of how well others mask their steel sources and how many factually use domestically produced steel that is who know how many more times costlier than an imported chinesium.
I don’t know how many people are still buying steel plates unless it’s a skinflint/larp purchase. Decent plates aren’t that expensive anymore that you’d have to lug around 22lbs of steel on your body.

If you are poor and have to slum it with steel plates:
They have relatively affordable multi-curve plates with an extra thick layer (built-up) of Rhinoguard like material to serve as a spall guard. (never use steel without a anti-spall coating or Kevlar spall sleeve or a homebrew multi-layer denim sleeve like @xtry51 tested years ago)

My plates are from 2021 :mad: I am really pissed off right now.
Dude that sucks. I don’t think I would trust them. Maybe you can contact someone at your CC company or an attorney and demand a refund for selling a fraudulent item?

I'll be chasing down anybody/everybody for my $$!!! F@#kers!! This is some evil shit.
I don’t imagine you’ll be alone either, maybe scan around the interwebs and other forums for any class actions or groups of shooters getting together with some solution to recover funds.

Paraclete/pointblank

I can vouch for the company, the product and its effectiveness in the wild. I wear their omega plates over my IIIA soft armor

Who wears plates besides the military and the police? What do you think, plates will save you!?
First off, unless you are in a group, there is NOBODY to provide covering fire while you are lying there in excruciating pain. Whoever you're battling can just walk over and swiss cheese yer ass.
Second, plates are too small to provide all but most basic protection. You are more likely to get hit in extremities or non-covered area. If that happens, you have to be in a group to provide you with covering fire AND a medic.

In other words, it is far more likely you play pretend solder with plates and is most likely fat and unfit as well. Go eat a twinkie, Rambo!

You are better off spending your welfare check on firearm training and fitness for your immediate family.

Who wears plates besides the military and the police? What do you think, plates will save you!?
First off, unless you are in a group, there is NOBODY to provide covering fire while you are lying there in excruciating pain. Whoever you're battling can just walk over and swiss cheese yer ass.
Second, plates are too small to provide all but most basic protection. You are more likely to get hit in extremities or non-covered area. If that happens, you have to be in a group to provide you with covering fire AND a medic.

In other words, it is far more likely you play pretend solder with plates and is most likely fat and unfit as well. Go eat a twinkie, Rambo!

You are better off spending your welfare check on firearm training and fitness for your immediate family.
Who exactly are you addressing with this post? Could you also post your experience with tactics, any tactics, if you have any, and armor, if you’ve ever worn it, to back up this load of verbal diarrhea you’ve blessed us with.

Back
Top Bottom