• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Body armor

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
So I just watched this YouTube video where they were trying to use 2 3a plates to stop a rifle…

The current manufacturer of some of the body armor I have, now has a really slick rifle soft armor..

I got curious so obviously I went to YouTube. What do you guys think about this armor they bought off TEMU.. $30 a plate.

Obviously, this is fake Chinese body armor, but it does stop the AK..

I kind of think two US made 3A plates Would stop a 556… I’m not saying you’d survive it, but the projectile wouldn’t go through.

That’s what I hate about these gun YouTube things is there comparing apples to oranges.

View: https://youtu.be/Ikl7zua6P6Y?si=8Mk0xIpMnBo4Vafb

UHMWPE if you want lightweight, Level IV ceramic if you're OCD enough that you'll be facing .30-06 AP. For the rear plate run steel, it'll last forever and spalling is not a concern when we're talking about a rear plate.
When you just said steel for the rear plate I immediately thought
brilliant!
The weight would counterbalance all the junk that you're carrying up front in that chest rig.😁

I had some Level III+ steel plate body armor. Stuff was heavy and you knew it after wearing a full day. I looked at what I was trying to accomplish with it and what were the most common situations I could end up in and decided to go with a level 3A soft body armor that has the ability to carry 10"x12" plates if you desire them. Both sets of mine, the hard and soft, were made in the USA and are NIJ certified.

OP buys TEMU plates, OP gets shot in the chest on the job.

hey-cool.gif

UHMWPE if you want lightweight, Level IV ceramic if you're OCD enough that you'll be facing .30-06 AP. For the rear plate run steel, it'll last forever and spalling is not a concern when we're talking about a rear plate.
You can also go AR1000 for light weight, stand alone and the ability to stop everything except 30-06. Got mine for cheap before high com stopped selling to civies.

You can also go AR1000 for light weight, stand alone and the ability to stop everything except 30-06. Got mine for cheap before high com stopped selling to civies.
That's great you flexing about your magic armor that's unobtainable currently, I'd rather tell people what they can get now that's not Temu Trash.

Theres plenty of reviews on the temu stuff... some of it is just folded paper

It'll stop the first round just fine

Its that second round that can be a bitch
I just didn’t know it was a thing I guess I should’ve checked for reviews. Not that I ever use it.

If I remember correctly, the UHMWPE it’s a lot thicker.

I’m happy with the stuff I had. I was just looking for a new leather vest and I saw that apparently there’s a bulletproof style vest and I’m wondering why the f*** would you wanna wear fake body armor?

Then I noticed they actually make bulletproof leather vest but it’s expensive as the new soft rifle vest…

I’m surprised at how much they’re pushing this sons of the anarchy vests… super gay

I would just buy a carrier for rifle plates, but I prefer complete coverage over plates

Last edited:
I just didn’t know it was a thing I guess I should’ve checked for reviews. Not that I ever use it.

I’m happy with the stuff I had. I was just looking for a new leather vest and I saw that apparently there’s a bulletproof style vest and I’m wondering why the f*** would you wanna wear fake body armor?

Then I noticed they actually make bulletproof leather vest but it’s expensive as the new soft rifle vest…

I’m surprised at how much they’re pushing this sons of the anarchy vests… super gay
The UHMWPE is also a lot lighter and level IV stuff is just as thick and always has ceramic plates that are probably cracked and you won't know it until the plate is shot.

Its probably just left over stock from when the show was on lol

If I get shot in the back that usually means I'm in retreat or have been flanked. Whoever is near me is just as fukked regardless, but the benefit when I'm not around others is incalculable.
Do you get shot in the back often?

Or M855, that goes right through most UHMPE plates, if not all.

Or M855, that goes right through most UHMPE plates, if not all.
It goes thru everything except Lvl IV and Lvl IV is overkill for what it is. Would be nice if someone made a plate specific for M855, but they don't and even if they did people would bitch and moan about it not being NIJ rated.

It goes thru everything except Lvl IV and Lvl IV is overkill for what it is. Would be nice if someone made a plate specific for M855, but they don't and even if they did people would bitch and moan about it not being NIJ rated.
I've seen "level III+" (or RF2) plates (really level III since there is no III+) that will stop M855 (actually M855a1 but if it stops M855a1 it will stop M855) but that aren't rated for level IV (RF3).

I've seen "level III+" (or RF2) plates (really level III since there is no III+) that will stop M855 (actually M855a1 but if it stops M855a1 it will stop M855) but that aren't rated for level IV (RF3).
Curious with manufacturer. I believe the 38+ thing the plus only means 5.7.

Curious with manufacturer. I believe the 38+ thing the plus only means 5.7.
I'm not sure what you mean 38+ I was referring to rifle plates. Level III stops 7.62x51mm M80 ball. You must be thinking of IIIA"+" soft armor.

Back
Top Bottom